Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

dinner scenario

Go down

dinner scenario  Empty dinner scenario

Post by Guest Wed Mar 15, 2017 5:45 pm

older: what's for dinner? let's go out?

me: it's snowing.. 

older: so what are we eating 

me: idk.. papa's been doing all the cooking recently, i should cook too. 

me: (keeps daal to soak)... will begin in 30 minutes

30 minutes later:

younger: what's for dinner

me: I will cook now

younger: what are you making?

me: daal roti sabzi

younger: or maybe papa can make something?

XH, as if on a cue, comes running down, suggesting what to eat. they begin a discussion what to eat. chicken curry, tortelini, etc, etc

*dhasoed on my couch*.. ok i didn't know my cooking is this bad. but who cares. We eating good food. life is alright.  Laughing (touchwood)

Back to top Go down

dinner scenario  Empty Re: dinner scenario

Post by Guest Wed Mar 15, 2017 6:06 pm

reflecting back... while i am watching tv and eating fruit cake, and waiting for dinner... 

XH didn't always cook. Once in a while he would make egg bhurji. If he made rajma, it would be canned onions, garlic, ginger, tomato, kidney beans, all dumped together. 

in 2010, when we got back after a split and our nanny left, I realized after 3-4 months that this was crazy, considering we both were working nearly equal hours. So i began asking him to cook. He used every trick in the book to get out of it, but I am sometimes called the b-word for a good reason. I didn't back down. At the time, he used to make Indian food, and to our surprise, he was really good at it. 

Anyway, that phase lasted 3-4 months, before we split again for next 2-3 years, on and off, and I did all the cooking. 

In the living together decision that we made almost a year after our divorce, he was a changed man. He is a foodie, and decided that he will reproduce his favorite food at home. So for last 3-4 years, we have been seeing a happy success of that. The days he is home, it's almost certain he will cook, unless he is awfully busy. Other times, it's me.

Back to top Go down