Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

H-M synthesis: UP village that boasts of Shiva temple made, managed by Muslims

Go down

H-M synthesis: UP village that boasts of Shiva temple made, managed by Muslims Empty H-M synthesis: UP village that boasts of Shiva temple made, managed by Muslims

Post by Guest Mon Apr 10, 2017 9:41 pm

Babu Khan’s role is not limited to its construction as he looks after the cleaning and upkeep of the temple and also spends almost 10 hours on the premises every day.

“The temple was constructed to keep alive the Hindu-Muslim unity and communal harmony,” Babu Khan insists.

“In our village, both Hindus and Muslims live like brothers. Since we keep helping each other, we thought that constructing a temple for our Hindu brothers would bind us further. Villagers like Aas Mohammad, Abdul Salam and Sher Mohammad have contributed much in its construction,” Babu, who despite being a devout Muslim offers water to the Shivling, adds.

“My family, including my wife Shama Parvin, five sons and three daughters, daily help in cleaning the temple and maintaining it,” he says.

Abrar Khan, the main priest of the temple, besides performing his duties at the temple also offers his namaaz daily.

“Like the famous Hindi poet Raskhan had faith and belief in Lord Krishna, I have faith in Lord Shiva,” Abrar says.

“Hindus and Muslims are like the two eyes and they cannot be separated at all. The politicians exploit both the communities for achieving their vested interests,” he rues.

Praising Abrar, Babu Khan says he worships Lord Shiva according to Hindu rituals and traditions and can recite not only the Shiv Purana but also the Ramayana.

“We all have faith in Lord Shiva as much as we have faith and belief in Islam. Here, not a single incident of a communal riot has taken place as we all solve our problems amicably,” Shama Parvin told Hindustan Times.

http://www.hindustantimes.com/india-news/up-village-that-boasts-of-shiva-temple-made-managed-by-muslims/story-mc7q9sGaAJL20zNqjWarJN.html

Back to top Go down