Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

beginning of the end

+5
southindian
FluteHolder
silvermani
Idéfix
Propagandhi711
9 posters

Go down

beginning of the end Empty beginning of the end

Post by Propagandhi711 Tue May 16, 2017 3:44 pm

imo this is the repub establishment testing the waters on beginning the impeachment proceedings. only a matter of time now for the Orange sun to set:

http://theresurgent.com/i-know-one-of-the-sources/?ncid=edlinkushpmg00000313

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

beginning of the end Empty Re: beginning of the end

Post by Idéfix Tue May 16, 2017 4:51 pm

I don't think the GOP will move to impeach Il Douche. His supporters are not known for being grounded in reality and facts. For them the god-emperor can do no wrong. Nonspeaker Ryan won't lift a finger to oppose Il Douche as long as the vast majority of Trump voters keep supporting him. 

Meanwhile, the evidence keeps piling up...

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/05/16/us/politics/james-comey-trump-flynn-russia-investigation.html
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by silvermani Tue May 16, 2017 5:51 pm

The way he is acting, something's gotta give - and very soon. A car running on fumes cannot will stop sooner rather than later.
silvermani
silvermani

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Tue May 16, 2017 6:45 pm

This was funny:

@FoxNews reporting on the air now that they can't get a Republican member on the air right now to defend Trump

Perhaps our resident Trumpsters can help him out!
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by silvermani Tue May 16, 2017 7:25 pm

Look who is mocking who. Supporter of one of the worst career criminal politicians ever.
silvermani
silvermani

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Tue May 16, 2017 8:14 pm

Whataboutism
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by FluteHolder Tue May 16, 2017 8:37 pm

silvermani wrote:The way he is acting, something's gotta give - and very soon. A car running on fumes cannot will stop sooner rather than later.
I donot think DT will be gone unless the people join together against him and that is not going to happen. Rep.Party will not do it. Most Americans are ignorant or too busy themselves to go after money or do not care what happens or who is in power since they are not affected by it... (like Cops/govt employees/judges..). Rest of the people either given up or no time to think as their lives are consumed with making a living.

FluteHolder

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Wed May 17, 2017 9:10 am

I think most of you that feel republicans will not start or support impeachment proceedings are wrong. a) it can only happen with them b) it'll help them regain lost ground with the debacles of health care bill vote, the orange's shenanigans and their implicit support so far & c) majority of republicans are patriots that care about the country retaining it's strength and position in the world, regardless of what you dem supporters believe. but the over riding factor is if they have any hope of retaining congress they'll need to act fast and self preservation is a powerful motivator.

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Wed May 17, 2017 9:32 am

Propagandhi711 wrote:I think most of you that feel republicans will not start or support impeachment proceedings are wrong. a) it can only happen with them b) it'll help them regain lost ground with the debacles of health care bill vote, the orange's shenanigans and their implicit support so far & c) majority of republicans are patriots that care about the country retaining it's strength and position in the world, regardless of what you dem supporters believe. but the over riding factor is if they have any hope of retaining congress they'll need to act fast and self preservation is a powerful motivator.
I hope you are right, but I will believe it when I see it. The majority of Republicans may be patriots, but some of the ringleaders of their movement care more about (a) ideology (tax cuts for the rich, dismantling environmental and financial regulations, dismantle Obamacare, Medicare, and Social Security) and (b) rolling back the gains made by women, racial and religious minorities, LGBT and other groups in our society. They value these two things way more than they value America's position in the world. This Trump drama will test whether the average Republican continues to vote for people like Devin Nunes and Ted Cruz.
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by southindian Wed May 17, 2017 10:47 am

I'm not too hopeful yet.

The current Republican breed on Capitol Hill is a wuss and will keep the son-of-a-bitch Pussy-grabber in the White House.
southindian
southindian

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Wed May 17, 2017 11:05 am

I don't believe rethugs are patriots. They'll sell the country down a river if it meant they get to replace Ginzburg with a nice juicy hardcore religious conservative, help long suffering billionaires, and get to give even more coal miners black lung. Impeachment doesn't help that cause.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by SomeProfile Wed May 17, 2017 11:25 am

Impeachment is not going to happen, especially not based on #fakenews media reports. You can forget about it. If there is any real actual documented evidence, then we can talk. So far, other than the media reports, what have we got? The media reports so far are nothing but Salma quotes Sabrina type gossip.

SomeProfile

Back to top Go down

Post by SomeProfile Wed May 17, 2017 11:25 am

beginning of the end 3zbt36pho1yy

SomeProfile

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Wed May 17, 2017 12:56 pm

SomeProfile wrote:Impeachment is not going to happen, especially not based on #fakenews media reports. You can forget about it. If there is any real actual documented evidence, then we can talk. So far, other than the media reports, what have we got? The media reports so far are nothing but Salma quotes Sabrina type gossip.

ironic, considering the sethrich story being peddled in right wing media that has zero evidence by players with less than zero credibility:

But Tuesday afternoon, Wheeler told CNN he had no evidence to suggest Rich had contacted Wikileaks before his death.
Wheeler instead said he only learned about the possible existence of such evidence through the reporter he spoke to for the FoxNews.com story. He explained that the comments he made to WTTG-TV were intended to simply preview Fox News’ Tuesday story. The WTTG-TV news director did not respond to multiple requests for comment.
“I only got that [information] from the reporter at Fox News,” Wheeler told CNN.
Asked about a quote attributed to him in the Fox News story in which he said his “investigation up to this point shows there was some degree of email exchange between Seth Rich and Wikileaks,” Wheeler said he was referring to information that had already been reported in the media.

Wheeler conceded that he never once saw Rich’s emails or his computer: “I have never seen the emails myself directly. I haven’t even seen the computer that Seth Rich used. I don’t even know where the computer is.”

He told Hannity that he is relying on “a federal investigator” for information, whose tips made him “think that perhaps there were some email communications between Seth and WikiLeaks.”

“I don’t know for sure, I don’t know as a matter of fact if the emails went out to WikiLeaks or anybody else but it sure appears that way,” he said.

Wheeler’s statements on “Hannity” contradict what he told Fox’s Washington D.C. affiliate when he said there was “absolutely” evidence linking Rich and WikiLeaks: “That’s confirmed.”

Hannity, for his part, blindly speculated that Rich was a disgruntled Bernie Sanders supporter who communicated with WikiLeaks because he was outraged by Sanders’s treatment by the DNC.

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Wed May 17, 2017 1:06 pm

btw this "credible investigator" at the center of the sethrich investigation is a certifiable nutjob. search rod wheeler & pink pistols.

PS: how's that comet pizzagate investigation coming along? any progress made yet?

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Wed May 17, 2017 1:15 pm

The Seth Rich "story" is tragicomic. I know idiots gonna idiot, but some factual claims can be easily disproved. Did WaPo break the Trump classified intel leak story hours after the Seth Rich story broke? Did it?

Timestamp of Seth Rich story: 6:48 PM - 15 May 2017

Timestamp of WaPo Trump intel leak story: 2:02 PM - 15 May 2017

The guys putting out fake news for the consumption of idiots are so cynical that they make up easily disprovable lies like this. Based on the "logic" of the guy who put this "alternative fact" together, the Seth Rich "story" was released a few hours after the WaPo story about Trump leaking highly classified intel, in order to distract from the WaPo story. And idiots bought it!
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by SomeProfile Wed May 17, 2017 5:04 pm

beginning of the end LnVVRYW7C_onDS27WBKWeM2_xDOks0NkYYbkHFTCSFg

SomeProfile

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Wed May 17, 2017 5:21 pm

http://www.cnbc.com/2017/05/17/justice-dept-to-appoint-special-counsel-to-take-over-russia-probe.html

Bowing to public and Congressional pressure, Deputy U.S. Attorney General Rod Rosenstein appointed former FBI Director Bob Mueller on Wednesday to be a special counsel overseeing the investigation into Russian interference in the 2016 campaign, Justice Department officials said.

Trump has made history. Fastest appointment of a special counsel in a president's first term, ever. Under budget and ahead of schedule. So much winning.
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Wed May 17, 2017 5:24 pm

SomeProfile wrote:beginning of the end LnVVRYW7C_onDS27WBKWeM2_xDOks0NkYYbkHFTCSFg
Whoever makes these memes is underestimating your intelligence. And you are doing a fine job proving them right.

Last edited by Idéfix on Wed May 17, 2017 5:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Wed May 17, 2017 5:26 pm

Idéfix wrote:http://www.cnbc.com/2017/05/17/justice-dept-to-appoint-special-counsel-to-take-over-russia-probe.html

Bowing to public and Congressional pressure, Deputy U.S. Attorney General Rod Rosenstein appointed former FBI Director Bob Mueller on Wednesday to be a special counsel overseeing the investigation into Russian interference in the 2016 campaign, Justice Department officials said.

Trump has made history. Fastest appointment of a special counsel in a president's first term, ever. Under budget and ahead of schedule. So much winning.

#MAGA!!

Don-the-Con just soiled his adult diapers.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Wed May 17, 2017 5:41 pm

About a year ago, Republican House Majority Leader Kevin McCarthy said to his GOP colleagues he thought Putin was paying Trump. Before WaPo or NYT or liberals. Paul Ryan told everyone to keep it a secret, because, you know, the Republican party is more important than America. They suspected this Trump-Russia connected before any of us did, and kept quiet about it. And as the rumors swirled about these ties, both Ryan and McCarthy kept supporting Trump.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/national-security/house-majority-leader-to-colleagues-in-2016-i-think-putin-pays-trump/2017/05/17/515f6f8a-3aff-11e7-8854-21f359183e8c_story.html

McCarthy: The Russians hacked the DNC and got the opp research that they had on Trump.
McCarthy: laughs
[Crosstalk]
Ryan: The Russian’s hacked the DNC…
McHenry: …to get oppo…
Ryan: …on Trump and like delivered it to…to who?
[Unintelligible]
McCarthy: There’s…there’s two people, I think, Putin pays: Rohrabacher and Trump…[laughter]…swear to God.
Ryan: This is an off the record…[laughter]…NO LEAKS…[laughter]…alright?!
[Laughter]
Ryan: This is how we know we’re a real family here.
Scalise: That’s how you know that we’re tight.
[Laughter]
Ryan: What’s said in the family stays in the family.

Evan McMullin, who in his role as policy director to the House Republican Conference participated in the June 15 conversation, said: “It’s true that Majority Leader McCarthy said that he thought candidate Trump was on the Kremlin’s payroll. Speaker Ryan was concerned about that leaking.”
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Wed May 17, 2017 8:38 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:I don't believe rethugs are patriots. They'll sell the country down a river if it meant they get to replace Ginzburg with a nice juicy hardcore religious conservative, help long suffering billionaires, and get to give even more coal miners black lung. Impeachment doesn't help that cause.
"Patriot" is so cliche! an overused phrase. Wonder people in this country confuse selfishness with patriotism.

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by pravalika nanda Tue May 23, 2017 12:56 pm

I don't think trump will be impeached. I saw a poll about 10 days ago which showed that only 20% of republicans were concerned about trump firing comey. And roughly the same number were concerned about Russian involvement in the elections, not many felt that these were actionable issues.

John Oliver also in his show mentioned that he doesn't think Trump will be impeached. I think of all the late night TV hosts he is the most incisive. Smarter than Bill Maher, though BM is quite smart too. I love how John Oliver calls out JK for the little ninny and waffle he is. You guys should read the NYT article, "JK's other real estate empire" by Alec MacGillis btw.

Getting back to the impeachment issue: I don't think it will happen. I also wonder if DT is being judged too early - the man does not know the ropes yet, or whom he can rely on for good judgement, and not even what "classified" means. But then again this dog may not learn any new tricks.

I am not at all looking forward to a Pence presidency. I prefer Trump.

pravalika nanda

Back to top Go down

Post by southindian Tue May 23, 2017 1:35 pm

Idéfix wrote:About a year ago, Republican House Majority Leader Kevin McCarthy said to his GOP colleagues he thought Putin was paying Trump. Before WaPo or NYT or liberals. Paul Ryan told everyone to keep it a secret, because, you know, the Republican party is more important than America. They suspected this Trump-Russia connected before any of us did, and kept quiet about it. And as the rumors swirled about these ties, both Ryan and McCarthy kept supporting Trump.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/national-security/house-majority-leader-to-colleagues-in-2016-i-think-putin-pays-trump/2017/05/17/515f6f8a-3aff-11e7-8854-21f359183e8c_story.html

McCarthy: The Russians hacked the DNC and got the opp research that they had on Trump.
McCarthy: laughs
[Crosstalk]
Ryan: The Russian’s hacked the DNC…
McHenry: …to get oppo…
Ryan: …on Trump and like delivered it to…to who?
[Unintelligible]
McCarthy: There’s…there’s two people, I think, Putin pays: Rohrabacher and Trump…[laughter]…swear to God.
Ryan: This is an off the record…[laughter]…NO LEAKS…[laughter]…alright?!
[Laughter]
Ryan: This is how we know we’re a real family here.
Scalise: That’s how you know that we’re tight.
[Laughter]
Ryan: What’s said in the family stays in the family.

Evan McMullin, who in his role as policy director to the House Republican Conference participated in the June 15 conversation, said: “It’s true that Majority Leader McCarthy said that he thought candidate Trump was on the Kremlin’s payroll. Speaker Ryan was concerned about that leaking.”
Sleeping with the enemy. Fucking bastards selling the country.

They can do anything for power.
southindian
southindian

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Fri Jul 21, 2017 3:33 pm

Remember all that drama stirred up by Devin Nunes about Susan Rice "unmasking" Trump campaign officials? The predisent made false official statements on Twitter (here, here, and here) based on Nunes's made-up controversy.

Now, the Republican senator who heads the Senate Intelligence Committee, Richard Burr, said that "that was all created by Devin Nunes."

http://www.cnn.com/2017/07/21/politics/susan-rice-senate-intelligence-committee/index.html

I hope Susan Rice sues Trump and Nunes for defamation and libel. These guys need to be held accountable for their lies.
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down