Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ivanka "I am a saint" Trump

Go down

Ivanka "I am a saint" Trump Empty Ivanka "I am a saint" Trump

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Sat Jun 17, 2017 11:59 am

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2017/jun/17/ivanka-im-a-saint-trump-is-on-a-comeback-tour-dont-buy-the-spin
I don’t know that Ivanka’s reintroduction tour is quite over, however. Indeed, I’d be willing to bet that the liberal media is going to continue to give Ivanka the benefit of the doubt, even as evidence mounts up that she doesn’t deserve it. I’ve noted before that I think Ivanka benefits hugely from “pretty privilege.” If she wasn’t so conventionally attractive then I’m fairly certain she’d have been vilified by the press a long time ago; typecast as a meddling woman rather than a moderating influence.

I don’t think this is called out as much as it should be: perhaps because straight male commentators don’t want to think their Serious Political Analysis is being influenced by a woman’s pretty face or because liberal women think it’s bad feminism to focus too much on Ivanka’s looks.

But it would be disingenuous to say that Ivanka doesn’t use how she looks in order to shape how people see her. Indeed, shortly after her “viciousness” comments started to gain a vicious backlash Ivanka was on Instagram, blowing one of her trademark air kisses, to the internet. All long blonde hair and seductive, airy promises.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down