Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Abject failure of supply side trickle down economics -- lessons from Kansas

2 posters

Go down

Abject failure of supply side trickle down economics -- lessons from Kansas Empty Abject failure of supply side trickle down economics -- lessons from Kansas

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Mon Jun 26, 2017 8:15 pm

https://www.washingtonpost.com/posteverything/wp/2017/06/07/its-a-great-day-kansas-legislature-pulls-the-plug-on-gov-brownbacks-failed-trickle-down-experiment/?

The Kansas legislature finally put a stop to the predictably failed trickle-down tax-cut experiment it began in 2012.

Kansas Gov. Sam Brownback (R) had vetoed a bill that partially reset income-tax rates to where they were before the cuts and closed a huge loophole — importantly, one mimicked in President Trump’s tax plan. But on Tuesday, lawmakers overrode the governor’s veto.

Will D.C. Republicans learn from Kansas Republicans?

I fear not. If facts could kill the myth of trickle-down tax cuts, I’d have given the eulogy at its graveside lo these many years ago. I was elated upon hearing the news out of Kansas and I don’t mean to rain on the parade. Maybe my bar is low, but I’m truly impressed by the actions of the  legislature, which is dominated by Republicans.

Last edited by MaxEntropy_Man on Mon Jun 26, 2017 8:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Abject failure of supply side trickle down economics -- lessons from Kansas Empty Re: Abject failure of supply side trickle down economics -- lessons from Kansas

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Mon Jun 26, 2017 8:16 pm

An article in Rolling Stone magazine presaged this three years ago:

http://www.rollingstone.com/politics/news/the-great-kansas-tea-party-disaster-20141023

Sam Brownback is a handmaiden of the cockbros.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Abject failure of supply side trickle down economics -- lessons from Kansas Empty Re: Abject failure of supply side trickle down economics -- lessons from Kansas

Post by Idéfix Mon Jun 26, 2017 11:13 pm

Everybody with half a brain saw this disaster coming. But the Republicans wanted to experiment with the finances of a state and they got their way.

The way trumptards here avoid this story tells you how Republicans will close their eyes to this and pretend that it just did not happen.
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down