Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

fantasy

2 posters

Go down

fantasy Empty fantasy

Post by Guest Thu Jul 20, 2017 3:53 pm

this is not my original. something i had read when i was maybe 16 or 17, and have always remembered it.

(from memory)

Mithun smoked at the cycle stand waiting for school to be over. Finally, a few minutes after the bell rang and the students disappeared, he saw her.

She was walking down the open staircase. At that time he could only see her from the back, but it was unmistakably her slender arm in blue sleeveless blouse; her long slender fingers as she casually ran them over the handrails. When she turned at the bottom of the stairs, he skipped a heartbeat when he looked at her glowing face with a large red bindi adorning her forehead. Mithun quickly put off the cigarette and pulled out a gum from his pocket.

After she said bye to fellow teachers and moved out of the gates, she glanced at him and recognized him. 'Mithun! 10 years!' Her pleasure in seeing him was written all over her face. He asked if he can go somewhere and chat.

She suggested they can walk down to nearby café. As they walked, Mithun kept glancing at Aparna every chance he could. She had not changed much. Maybe you could spot a little fat all over her if you looked critically.

They had broken up after college. Mithun went away for higher studies as he didn't want to be stuck in a small town and domesticity. Aparna didn't see much chances of convincing her parents for marriage with him. It was a sad breakup. The three years they had spent together were beautiful, but it could not withstand changing times.

Over coffee, Aparna told him she got married and moved here right after she finished her course in teaching. Now she has two kids, all living happily in a small house. her husband works for a multinational company.

It had taken Mithun quite some time to track her down to this city. He knew all of this already. Every time she spoke, or he got a whiff of her powder, he was taken back to his room in college, where he and Aparna would spend hours in each other's arms, talking and kissing. yes they were old fashioned enough to stay virgins.

'Are you married, Mithun?'
'No, am still a bachelor.'
'Any girlfriend?'
'Not currently'
'...  but had many?' Aparna laughed as he blushed a little.  
'What brings you here to Calcutta'.
'Am here on business.'

It was getting late. Aparna had to take her kids to classes. After the coffee, they decided to take a stroll across the bridge. In the middle, they stopped and stood looking at the water.

'Why are you here, Mithun? How did you find me?'

'Aparna, I came here just to meet you. I lied that I am here on business.

'I have traveled all over the world now. I have had numerous affairs. Slept with many women. But you know something? I never felt any magic with any of them. You know why? Because after I was done with any woman, I could not compare her to you. I always thought, that the only woman with whom i would find that magic I am craving for is you. I always held this fantasy that sex with you will be mind blowing.

'Aparna. I am also realistic. In my mind, I know that you are not better or worse than any of those women. I know that sex with you will also will be the same level as them. It will be normal  with you too, just like with them.

'I have this proposition for you. I want to make love to you. I want to kick myself out of the notion that you are the only one who has that magic. Maybe then I will be able to move on and settle down with someone. Will you do this favor for me?'

Aparna's face was red with anger. She pursed her lips. Said NO! Then she turned around and walked away from him as fast as she could, and got into the first autorickshaw that stopped for her.

Once they were along the road and with Mithun no longer in view in the rearview mirror, Aparna started tearing up. 'No, Mithun! That magic is all I have left now. As I lay cold in my husband's bed, night after night, feeling nothing, that magic is the only thing that keeps me going. I am not going to kick myself out of that notion. I want to keep that fantasy alive, forever. That's the one thing that keeps me going. I am not going to let you take that away from me, Mithun! Never!'

Back to top Go down

fantasy Empty Re: fantasy

Post by Guest Thu Jul 20, 2017 6:30 pm

Yeah. Quite possible. All that fantasy and anticipation can end up as a huge disappointment.

The telugu movie i had been to yesterday is also about exes. It goes something like this: A cute girl and an intelligent guy from Vizag fall in love. The guy goes off to JNU (cringe@JNU.  Mad at the delhi/agrawalas) to do his Phd. Meanwhile, the girl couldn't wait until the guy settles down (parental pressure), doesn't want to ruin his career either, so gets married to someone else without telling him. The guy is devastated when he learns about it, takes to drinking and goes into severe depression. Both the guy and the girl along her husband end up in USA. Anyway, the girl learns about the guy, goes to him and tells him that she's moved on and now loves her husband and is happy with him. Guy tells her that she's only compromising and deceiving herself that she's happy. Girl says, "Come to my home as a guest for ten days and see to yourself how happy my husband and I are. When you're convinced, promise me that you'll change yourself and move on". The guy says, "At the end of the ten days, when you are convinced that you still love me and not your husband, you are going to divorce him and marrying me." The girl agrees. Her broad minded husband agrees too, feeling pity for the guy and wanting him to move on. The guy goes to their home as a guest, to live with them for ten days.

If you want to know what happens after ten days, you'll have to watch the telugu movie, 'Ninnu kori" (desiring you) tongue

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 20, 2017 6:54 pm

sounds like an interesting story... my guess is if she went first to meet him, means she wants him, or is unhappy in her marriage. but will see 

we north indians are simpler people I guess (my story above i think was bong). long time ago when i was still very married, and was chatting with XB one day on messenger, he asked me, 'who did i love'. I said w/o hesitation, 'I love XH (well at the time he wasn't an ex).' he goes, 'not possible, u can't love anyone more than me. tujhe dhatura khila diya hai saale ne, isiliye usee ki maala jaap rahi hai tab se.'  

crude, funny, delusional, accepted, concluded, moved on, all in one sentence.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 20, 2017 7:11 pm

t w wrote:sounds like an interesting story... my guess is if she went first to meet him, means she wants him, or is unhappy in her marriage. but will see 

we north indians are simpler people I guess
(my story above i think was bong). long time ago when i was still very married, and was chatting with XB one day on messenger, he asked me, 'who did i love'. I said w/o hesitation, 'I love XH (well at the time he wasn't an ex).' he goes, 'not possible, u can't love anyone more than me. tujhe dhatura khila diya hai saale ne, isiliye usee ki maala jaap rahi hai tab se.'  

Not all! North indians outside of the northie belt are fine, but the ones from there are horrible bigots.

Back to top Go down

Post by smArtha Fri Jul 21, 2017 12:54 pm

t w wrote:sounds like an interesting story... my guess is if she went first to meet him, means she wants him, or is unhappy in her marriage. but will see 

we north indians are simpler people I guess (my story above i think was bong). long time ago when i was still very married, and was chatting with XB one day on messenger, he asked me, 'who did i love'. I said w/o hesitation, 'I love XH (well at the time he wasn't an ex).' he goes, 'not possible, u can't love anyone more than me. tujhe dhatura khila diya hai saale ne, isiliye usee ki maala jaap rahi hai tab se.'  

Why/How did XB ever become B and and then X after that? Ditto for XH? If you had to get back one of them would it be XB or XH? Keep kids out of this thought experiment for a while? 

Friday time for some desi love story ..

smArtha

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jul 21, 2017 1:53 pm

smArtha wrote:

Why/How did XB ever become B and and then X after that? Ditto for XH? If you had to get back one of them would it be XB or XH? Keep kids out of this thought experiment for a while? 

Friday time for some desi love story ..

ooh feels like I am giving an interview, hehe... but also feels like I have said the same thing over and over here. if there's anyone who cares to read my posts, and has a good memory, they will die from repetitions lol.

but, this one - "If you had to get back one of them would it be XB or XH? Keep kids out of this thought experiment for a while? "

XB, nope. Whenever I make a decision, I first make sure I won't regret it. So if I had the slightest doubt that I will regret leaving him, I would have stayed back and suffered a bad marriage with him.

Well, I currently live with XH, we eat together, watch movies together, even vacation together. I can totally see myself growing old with him, even after kids become independent. Provided he feels the same way lol.

But I can't see us as a 'couple' anymore, coz then things change drastically between us. So if you meant getting back as a couple, with its conventional definition, then I guess it's neither one.

And 99.9% chance I am not going to settle with anyone else either. I would have done that by now if that's what I wanted. I know I am fat and all, but I am pretty sure I would have found a desi uncle if I wanted, especially when I separated at the age of 36. So ya, as far as romance is concerned, this desi story is over, lol. No wonder I keep writing about it here, instead of like, living it out.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jul 21, 2017 7:50 pm

kinnera* wrote:Yeah. Quite possible. All that fantasy and anticipation can end up as a huge disappointment.

The telugu movie i had been to yesterday is also about exes. It goes something like this: A cute girl and an intelligent guy from Vizag fall in love. The guy goes off to JNU (cringe@JNU.  Mad at the delhi/agrawalas) to do his Phd. Meanwhile, the girl couldn't wait until the guy settles down (parental pressure), doesn't want to ruin his career either, so gets married to someone else without telling him. The guy is devastated when he learns about it, takes to drinking and goes into severe depression. Both the guy and the girl along her husband end up in USA. Anyway, the girl learns about the guy, goes to him and tells him that she's moved on and now loves her husband and is happy with him. Guy tells her that she's only compromising and deceiving herself that she's happy. Girl says, "Come to my home as a guest for ten days and see to yourself how happy my husband and I are. When you're convinced, promise me that you'll change yourself and move on". The guy says, "At the end of the ten days, when you are convinced that you still love me and not your husband, you are going to divorce him and marrying me." The girl agrees. Her broad minded husband agrees too, feeling pity for the guy and wanting him to move on. The guy goes to their home as a guest, to live with them for ten days.

If you want to know what happens after ten days, you'll have to watch the telugu movie, 'Ninnu kori" (desiring you) tongue

lol i actually went and watched this today. i wanted to go to jagga jasoos and asked XH if he wants to come. he said it has bad reviews. So I said, ok there is a telugu movie around the same time, and he's like, eh? then he suggested Dunkirk and i said ok, but there was no good showtime. so i went to watch this one... only disadvantage of watching a movie like this in theater? you look away for 30 seconds and u miss the whole scene. That happened with me 2 times today, and I think if it's released on netflix, i will go and hear out those 4 dialogs i missed. 

i liked the movie... was an oldish kinda story, so was highly predictable, even if the father's role has evolved a bit, but even that's been done now. But I enjoyed getting involved in the characters and the comic timings of all. and the father and brother in law, i see those people in all movies, and the guy was calling him father in law all the time, but looked older!

Back to top Go down

Post by Kris Fri Jul 21, 2017 8:22 pm

t w wrote:
kinnera* wrote:Yeah. Quite possible. All that fantasy and anticipation can end up as a huge disappointment.

lol i actually went and watched this today. i wanted to go to jagga jasoos and asked XH if he wants to come. he said it has bad reviews. So I said, ok there is a telugu movie around the same time, and he's like, eh? then he suggested Dunkirk and i said ok, but there was no good showtime. so i went to watch this one... only disadvantage of watching a movie like this in theater? you look away for 30 seconds and u miss the whole scene. That happened with me 2 times today, and I think if it's released on netflix, i will go and hear out those 4 dialogs i missed. 

i liked the movie... was an oldish kinda story, so was highly predictable, even if the father's role has evolved a bit, but even that's been done now. But I enjoyed getting involved in the characters and the comic timings of all. and the father and brother in law, i see those people in all movies, and the guy was calling him father in law all the time, but looked older!
>>>Maybe I will see Dunkirk. The Telugu movie does show promise. Kinn can monetize it with a country western album  Some suggested numbers: 'she done him wrong'; 'she done them wrong'; he cain't let go- no sirree!', ' a fool for  a husband and a JNU boy-friend- the cow girl just cain't win'

P.S. The xb- was he the one whose wife tried to run you off the road? I can see why you soured on the gent.

Kris

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jul 21, 2017 8:33 pm

t w wrote:

Oh shucks! so you really went and watched the movie. Had you told me that, i'd have suggested a better telugu movie to watch. This one isn't that great. I know you went to watch it to see if she left her husband for the ex or remained with the hubby tongue . Had you asked me, i'd have given that away to you privately. 

I agree that the father-in-law and son-in-law combo was so odd. There should've been someone else for the SIL role, someone more younger.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jul 21, 2017 8:35 pm

Kris wrote:
t w wrote:

>>>Maybe I will see Dunkirk. The Telugu movie does show promise. Kinn can monetize it with a country western album  Some suggested numbers: 'she done him wrong'; 'she done them wrong'; he cain't let go- no sirree!', ' a fool for  a husband and a JNU boy-friend- the cow girl just cain't win'

P.S. The xb- was he the one whose wife tried to run you off the road? I can see why you soured on the gent.
LOL! Krissu, how you been?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jul 21, 2017 8:40 pm

lol @ the song... 

yeah... she didn't try to run me off the road, she successfully did run me off the road, lol. 

i opened my stories (cringe) to see what i had posted then

Later that year, during summer, I took my sister-in-law for my newborn niece’s medical checkup. When we were coming out of the hospital into the main road, I was waiting to merge on the main road. A car was coming on the main road but was still far away. The driver also slowed down enough for me to merge. So I began to drive ahead. Just as I brought my car on the road, that car sped up, honked and cut me sharply. To save the crash, I had to drive the car on the unpaved road. It took me some effort to balance the car and bring it back on the road.

Just as I came back on the road, I got to see the driver of the car. It was Natasha! She didn’t even look in my direction, to see if we were OK. She looked straight ahead and drove away. My sister-in-law had to hold her newborn tightly to avoid her slipping. She was furious, [deleted]

I played back the incident in my head. Even though I could not see her earlier because of the reflection on her windshield, she must have definitely seen me, since my car’s windows were rolled down and I was straight ahead of her. It confused me a little. So far, I had heard only good things about Natasha. Did she see me or was she just absent minded? Did she do it on purpose or was she just a rash driver? Was she being mean to me, or was she just playing a prank? Questions that I will never get an answer to. At the time, I had to give her a benefit of doubt and assume that she didn’t do that on purpose.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kris Fri Jul 21, 2017 8:47 pm

kinnera* wrote:
Kris wrote:
t w wrote:

>>The usual--existential ennui, day-to-day banalities.. no ex-g stories (a la tw)- maybe I soured on those after the restraining orders- who knows? how about you? Smile

Kris

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jul 21, 2017 8:57 pm

Kris wrote:
kinnera* wrote:
Kris wrote:>>>Maybe I will see Dunkirk. The Telugu movie does show promise. Kinn can monetize it with a country western album  Some suggested numbers: 'she done him wrong'; 'she done them wrong'; he cain't let go- no sirree!', ' a fool for  a husband and a JNU boy-friend- the cow girl just cain't win'

>>The usual--existential ennui, day-to-day banalities.. no ex-g stories (a la tw)- maybe I soured on those after the restraining orders- who knows? how about you? Smile
I'm doing fine, kris. The only vacuum in my life at this point is to not have an ex-b to talk about (a la tw) and i totally blame my hitler mommy for it. Grrr!! Other than that, all good. I'm trying to make good of the existential enuui and day-to-day banalities, i guess  tongue .

Back to top Go down

Post by Kris Fri Jul 21, 2017 9:49 pm

kinnera* wrote:
Kris wrote:
kinnera* wrote:
Kris wrote:>>>Maybe I will see Dunkirk. The Telugu movie does show promise. Kinn can monetize it with a country western album  Some suggested numbers: 'she done him wrong'; 'she done them wrong'; he cain't let go- no sirree!', ' a fool for  a husband and a JNU boy-friend- the cow girl just cain't win'

I'm doing fine, kris. The only vacuum in my life at this point is to not have an ex-b to talk about (a la tw) and i totally blame my hitler mommy for it. Grrr!! Other than that, all good. I'm trying to make good of the existential enuui and day-to-day banalities, i guess  tongue .
>>>Your german mommy was just protecting  you from future spouses trying to run you off the road and wastrel-types who would some day move to CA and waste time on the internet. Besides the mommy instinct is universal,

Kris

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jul 22, 2017 6:24 am

Kris wrote:
kinnera* wrote:
Kris wrote:
kinnera* wrote:

>>>Your german mommy was just protecting  you from future spouses trying to run you off the road and wastrel-types who would some day move to CA and waste time on the internet. Besides the mommy instinct is universal,
See....that's what my peeve is. She absolutely ruined my chances of having the wastrel-types from CA for my exes. How terrible can that be!! :-( Some things in life cannot be changed, i guess and we got to take life as is. SighO!!

tongue

PS: Nice song there. Yeah, mommas know best. Though boys, I gave a similar advice to my sons. In high school, it was 'Girls can wait. Focus on your studies first.' After undergrad, it was, 'I think you can start dating now. At least you'll know what kind of girls you want or don't want by the time you are ready to get married.' Now in med school, I lament that he has no life and no time for girls and the big momma from India scoldes me, 'Why are you even talking such things with him? The poor guy if focused on his studies and you should be happy about that. Where's the hurry for his marriage? Don't talk about girls with him right now.' Advice from the big mom taken and I zip my mouth.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jul 22, 2017 11:32 am

in my family, the 'momma said' version is... 

my momma said, 
i fought her back... 

on most days... heh 
me being that momma, i mean.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down