Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

north-south fusion

5 posters

Go down

north-south fusion Empty north-south fusion

Post by Seva Lamberdar Mon Aug 28, 2017 6:54 pm

Seva Lamberdar
Seva Lamberdar

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1bYp0igbxHcmg1G1J-qw0VUBSn7Fu

Back to top Go down

north-south fusion Empty Re: north-south fusion

Post by TruthSeeker Mon Aug 28, 2017 11:30 pm

North South friction is ONLY on internet. ALL of my friends, really close ones, in ALL of my life in US in the last 2 decades are.........ta da..... SIs who grew up in NI or out of their state. Open minded.

My best Indian friend - Born a Tamil brahamin (mother tongue), grew up in Karnataka (speaks in Kannada fluently), moved to Kanpur (speaks Hindi fluently). We both have heated arguments on the folks in India who have started their language based "associations" in United States.

Its a shame.

Marathi Association in NJ?

Gujarati Association in Seattle?

Tamil Association in Washington, DC?

and so on.

We actually hate SUCH people.

When single, we used to go all such associations, for free lunch and dinners.

Indians, even in United States, are lost in DIVIDING themselves.

Even Madhuri Dixit, when in Colorado, only attended Marathi Association Programs.

I mean - C'mon!

For all such people, I have only one wish - May your child marry a Turkish woman or a Russian man!

Then ONLY you will come out of this mentality.

Disgusted,
TS.

TruthSeeker

Back to top Go down

Post by silvermani Mon Aug 28, 2017 11:49 pm

In real life also Sridevi practiced North-South fusion.
silvermani
silvermani

Back to top Go down

Post by Kayalvizhi Tue Aug 29, 2017 12:35 am

>>>>>>>> Indians, even in United States, are lost in DIVIDING themselves.

How many times I have to tell you. "India" is an artificial geographic area created by British rulers for administrative convenience.

People create associations on the natural dividing lines. I suggest this artificial country India also be divided according to these natural dividing lines.

Kayalvizhi

Back to top Go down

Post by southindian Tue Aug 29, 2017 8:23 am

Kayalvizhi wrote:>>>>>>>> Indians, even in United States, are lost in DIVIDING themselves.

How many times I have to tell you. "India" is an artificial geographic area created by British rulers for administrative convenience.

People create associations on the natural dividing lines. I suggest this artificial country India also be divided according to these natural dividing lines.
Argh...

How many times I have to tell you, you and Rashmun are 2 sexes in one body.

You and you brother and sister are different people artificially connected.

You don't listen. Why not KV?
southindian
southindian

Back to top Go down

Post by Seva Lamberdar Tue Aug 29, 2017 8:46 am

TS & KV,

These regional  associations from India in the U.S. & Canada and other foreign countries, including the  Kannada Assn. and Telugu Assn. etc., are basically the social / cultural pass-time associations for people to get together in small groups (usually 30 - 50 people at the most) so that the arrangements, cooking and costs etc. for these meetings / parties don't get out of hand. They are not there to make any kind of political statement regionally or linguistically. Since I personally have been a part of organizing many such activities, btw never in the name of H.P. Assn., believe me there is a lot of work to arrange and cook  etc. for even a relatively small group of people numbering not more than 50. Just imagine the amount of work and cost involved if you think of declaring  it as a national (all  India) picnic and expect to have about 500 people.
Seva Lamberdar
Seva Lamberdar

Back to top Go down

Post by silvermani Tue Aug 29, 2017 11:35 am

Back to the original topic - Sevaji, why did Nagina become such a mega hit in Hindi? Such a big hit that it made Sridevi the #1 heroine in bollywood? Amrish Puri's acting was terrific, the music was great but she benefited the most from the movie. Is it Indians' fascination/reverence/fear/admiration for Nag devta's powers?
silvermani
silvermani

Back to top Go down

Post by Kayalvizhi Tue Aug 29, 2017 1:13 pm

Seva Lamberdar wrote:TS & KV,

These regional  associations are not there to make any kind of political statement regionally or linguistically.

Tamil Associations have expressed political and linguistic statements many times in the past couple of decades.

Kayalvizhi

Back to top Go down

Post by Seva Lamberdar Tue Aug 29, 2017 1:15 pm

SM, you are right about movie Nigina's popularity because of Indians' fascination with unusual things, in this case Nag dervta / Nagina devi's powers. Anyway, it is quite an entertaining movie, with nice romantic story / plot and good acting.
Seva Lamberdar
Seva Lamberdar

Back to top Go down

Post by Seva Lamberdar Tue Aug 29, 2017 1:17 pm

Kayalvizhi wrote:
Seva Lamberdar wrote:TS & KV,

These regional  associations are not there to make any kind of political statement regionally or linguistically.

Tamil Associations have expressed political and linguistic statements many times in the past couple of decades.
Not the mainstream Tamil associations, especially involving Indian Tamils.
Seva Lamberdar
Seva Lamberdar

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down