Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

India's friend former General Jagath Jayasuriya flees Brazil

2 posters

Go down

India's friend former General Jagath Jayasuriya flees Brazil Empty India's friend former General Jagath Jayasuriya flees Brazil

Post by Kayalvizhi Wed Aug 30, 2017 10:00 pm

South American Human Rights activists led by the International Truth and Justice Project (ITJP) filed a war crimes lawsuits in Brazil and Colombia against the former Sri Lankan Army General, Jagath Jayasuriya.

Sri Lankan Ambassador to Brazil, Retired General Jagath Jayasuriya fled Brazil following war crime charges. SLG said that he just completed the tenure.

Sooka had said in March that there was no way General Jayasuriya could claim that he didn’t know that torture routinely occurred in his camp.

“There were purpose built underground torture chambers, equipped with manacles, chains and pulleys for hoisting victims upside down. If the detainees could hear each other screaming at night from adjacent buildings, so could he,” she said.
http://www.dailymirror.lk/article/Jagath-not-fleeing-Brazil-tenure-ended-Ministry-135665.html

Kayalvizhi

Back to top Go down

India's friend former General Jagath Jayasuriya flees Brazil Empty Re: India's friend former General Jagath Jayasuriya flees Brazil

Post by southindian Thu Aug 31, 2017 9:51 am

Kayalvizhi wrote:South American Human Rights activists led by the International Truth and Justice Project (ITJP) filed a war crimes lawsuits in Brazil and Colombia against the former Sri Lankan Army General, Jagath Jayasuriya.

Sri Lankan Ambassador to Brazil, Retired General Jagath Jayasuriya fled Brazil following war crime charges. SLG said that he just completed the tenure.

Sooka had said in March that there was no way General Jayasuriya could claim that he didn’t know that torture routinely occurred in his camp.

“There were purpose built underground torture chambers, equipped with manacles, chains and pulleys for hoisting victims upside down. If the detainees could hear each other screaming at night from adjacent buildings, so could he,” she said.
http://www.dailymirror.lk/article/Jagath-not-fleeing-Brazil-tenure-ended-Ministry-135665.html
Nope! He did NOT.

Don't say something like Pussy-grabber Trump.

Jagath not fleeing Brazil, tenure ended: Ministry
southindian
southindian

Back to top Go down

India's friend former General Jagath Jayasuriya flees Brazil Empty Re: India's friend former General Jagath Jayasuriya flees Brazil

Post by Kayalvizhi Thu Aug 31, 2017 11:47 am

Rea my post. It said ". SLG said that he just completed the tenure."

Fact is gov said tenure ended only AFTER the war crimes lawsuit was filed. There was no indication he was about to retire before.

Your countries friend is fleeing prosecution.

Kayalvizhi

Back to top Go down

Post by southindian Thu Aug 31, 2017 1:32 pm

Kayalvizhi wrote:Rea my post. It said ". SLG said that he just completed the tenure."

Fact is gov said tenure ended only AFTER the war crimes lawsuit was filed. There was no indication he was about to retire before.

Your countries friend is fleeing prosecution.
Nope! You are wrong.

Read the headlines 

BTW, you know all the facts. Don't you? 

You convoluted brain ignores what's written.
southindian
southindian

Back to top Go down

Post by Kayalvizhi Mon Sep 04, 2017 7:53 pm

Sri Lanka's president has vowed to protect a former army chief accused of crimes committed in the bloody final phase of the country's civil war. "I state very clearly that I will not allow anyone in the world to touch Jagath Jayasuriya or any other military chief or any war hero in this country,"

Kayalvizhi

Back to top Go down

Post by Kayalvizhi Mon Sep 04, 2017 7:54 pm

Sarath Fonseka, Jayasuriya's predecessor and Army Chief during the final years of war, told reporters in Colombo Friday that he had received complaints against the post-war commander, who was placed in charge of arrested rebel suspects during the final phase of the war.

"At that time, I had several complaints against him. It was to do with crimes against suspects in his custody,"Fonseka said.

"As I started an investigation, the then rulers removed me as army commander."
Fonseka added that he was ready to testify against Jayasuriya.'

Kayalvizhi

Back to top Go down

Post by southindian Tue Sep 05, 2017 10:55 am

Kayalvizhi wrote:Sarath Fonseka, Jayasuriya's predecessor and Army Chief during the final years of war, told reporters in Colombo Friday that he had received complaints against the post-war commander, who was placed in charge of arrested rebel suspects during the final phase of the war.

"At that time, I had several complaints against him. It was to do with crimes against suspects in his custody,"Fonseka said.

"As I started an investigation, the then rulers removed me as army commander."
Fonseka added that he was ready to testify against Jayasuriya.'
Sanath Jayasuriya was one of the best Srilankan cricketer and I thoroughly enjoyed his cricket.

He retired when at top of his cricketing career.

Enjoy his video Smile
southindian
southindian

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down