Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

H-M synthesis: Hemu at the helm of the Afghan army

2 posters

Go down

H-M synthesis: Hemu at the helm of the Afghan army Empty H-M synthesis: Hemu at the helm of the Afghan army

Post by charvaka Thu Feb 02, 2012 1:43 am

Hemu never made any religious distinctions. He even convinced Afghan warriors, radical Islamists all of them, to call him Badshah and fight for his Hindu standard. Hemu was a firm believer in meritocracy and was probably the first secular king in medieval India.

H-M synthesis: Hemu at the helm of the Afghan army Hemu
http://kaipullai.com/2012/01/18/four-little-things-that-shaped-india/
charvaka
charvaka

Back to top Go down

H-M synthesis: Hemu at the helm of the Afghan army Empty Re: H-M synthesis: Hemu at the helm of the Afghan army

Post by charvaka Thu Feb 02, 2012 1:53 am

Hemu was a firm believer in meritocracy.

It appears that Hemu was also opposed to caste-based reservations.

and was probably the first secular king in medieval India

OMFG. I am hugely impressed with this king now. I shall be posting many threads about Hemu's views on cricket, the gold standard, and India's trade relationship with Paraguay. Any northindians here know this Hemu character and his relative preferences for the Badal, Longowal or Amritsar factions of the Akali Dal? Thank you.
charvaka
charvaka

Back to top Go down

H-M synthesis: Hemu at the helm of the Afghan army Empty Re: H-M synthesis: Hemu at the helm of the Afghan army

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Thu Feb 02, 2012 2:03 am

charvaka wrote:Hemu was a firm believer in meritocracy.

It appears that Hemu was also opposed to caste-based reservations.

and was probably the first secular king in medieval India

OMFG. I am hugely impressed with this king now. I shall be posting many threads about Hemu's views on cricket, the gold standard, and India's trade relationship with Paraguay. Any northindians here know this Hemu character and his relative preferences for the Badal, Longowal or Amritsar factions of the Akali Dal? Thank you.

High time, we form a Hemu Fan club and start singing HemuNama.

Hey when we have our own Hindu secular King to praise who cares for Akbar Bastard....

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down