Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Biggest Mistakes to avoid in Life.

Go down

Biggest Mistakes to avoid in Life.  Empty Biggest Mistakes to avoid in Life.

Post by Guest Wed May 23, 2018 7:05 pm

A nice post from Quora (sorry about the font):

From experience i would say the following, in no particular order. I have made many of the following mistakes, others are things i learnt from watching people or just understood with time, and plenty are mistakes i still struggle with.

[list="margin-right: 2em; margin-left: 0px; padding-right: 0px; padding-left: 0px; list-style-position: initial; list-style-image: initial; caret-color: rgb(38, 38, 38); color: rgb(38, 38, 38); font-family: q_serif, Georgia, Times,"]
[*]Not being authentic. There is nothing quite so apalling as a grown man or woman who is still putting on an act.

[*]Causing irreversible physical/ bodily damage to yourself or another because of reckless actions. Like drunken driving, taking on ridiculous "stunts" in so called "fun", harmful levels of smoking or drinking, abusing potentially lethal drugs, playing with fire or electrical equipment, toying around with guns, ammunition, strong chemicals etc

[*]Not having clarity about the direction of your relationships. If someone treats you like a doormat, cant give you their time or attention while demanding all of yours or wants to keep you as just "a second option" - walk.

[*]Not being humble enough to mend relationships that truly matter. Sometimes its worthwhile to realize you were in the wrong, admit it, apologize categorically, and do the work to make it right & keep it right. But only if you're genuine, mature and clear about it. Dont start the mend, if you won't go the distance.

[*]Not reigning in your temper. Having a fiery temper is lighting a fire that always consumes too much before you put it out. Its ok to just bear the humiliation & let it pass.

[*]Not looking after your soul. My favorite advice from all time is from Socrates who said -"Look after your soul." Avoid stuff that damages your soul: e.g fake friendships, toxic working environments, being in a marriage that is a pretentious sham, indulging in a reckless lifestyle, giving in to lust, avarice, deceiving those who trust you.

[*]Going bankrupt in order to appear rich. You know what, all the people that truly matter dont care if i drive a simple hatchback or a roofless luxury car when i drive them to or from the airport, as long as they can count on me for it.

[*]Not doing your best to keep your word. Your word is your bond. The degree to which you can be trusted (by your spouse, family, kids, colleagues, community) is an intangible asset.

[*]Not knowing how to be resilient. Life will batter you. Everything will damage you in someway. People will, their out-of-line remarks will, their judgement will, your mistakes, inadequacies & your failures will, the time it takes to achieve something will. Mental and physical illness, yours or that in your family, will. Financial pressures will. The sooner you learn how to put yourself together every time you fall apart, the better.

[*]Not falling in love. Love is over-rated, but for a good reason. The best kind of falling in love, is the one that makes a better person out of you. If you can fall in love & stay in love, you will always have a motivation to look after yourself, not beat yourself up too much and make something worthy out of yourself.

[*]Being immovably rigid in your thinking or beliefs. I am surprised by a different perspective often. Sometimes something completely opposite to what i have believed my whole life, actually makes total sense. It goes to show that one's mindset, beliefs and yes, prejudices, can often be a limiting trap.

[*]Not trying one more time. Giving up before you begin. I know sometimes it feels like "what's the point, i'll never get there". The point actually, isn't in getting there, it's in trying. In our Instagram world, only results not efforts are glamorous. But something about a die-hard, all-out effort changes you in ways you cannot imagine.

[*]Not being able to be civil with the people you can't stand or even hate. Maturity and emotional intelligence is when you can be civilised with, and sometimes even empathize with, the people you almost detest.

[*]Giving up on yourself. Whatever you do in life, this is the last thing you must do. Be kind to yourself. Don't self-destruct. You have an eternity to spend with yourself both above ground and later in 6 x 3 feet of space under the ground. Better start being forgiving & tolerant of what you are and hopeful of what you can become.

[*]Not forgiving your family. Forgive your family. Many people carry grudges against their family to the grave, dont do that. If you cant forgive your own parents, siblings and children then who can you forgive at all? Forgive your family and leave the past behind.

[/list]

Back to top Go down

Biggest Mistakes to avoid in Life.  Empty Re: Biggest Mistakes to avoid in Life.

Post by Appalamma Thu May 24, 2018 7:07 pm

Hi Pentamma, Love your handle!!

Appalamma

Back to top Go down

Biggest Mistakes to avoid in Life.  Empty Re: Biggest Mistakes to avoid in Life.

Post by Guest Thu May 24, 2018 8:20 pm

Appalamma wrote:Hi Pentamma, Love your handle!!
Neekkooda nacchindi Smile. How are you? India trip baaga ayyinda? Did your husband like India?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 24, 2018 8:42 pm

pentamma wrote:
Appalamma wrote:Hi Pentamma, Love your handle!!
Neekkooda nacchindi Smile. How are you? India trip baaga ayyinda? Did your husband like India?
Typo: Naakkooda. neekkoda kaadu Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down