Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Obummer's spying scandal starting to look a lot like Watergate

4 posters

Go down

Obummer's spying scandal starting to look a lot like Watergate Empty Obummer's spying scandal starting to look a lot like Watergate

Post by silvermani Sun May 27, 2018 10:49 pm

https://nypost.com/2018/05/27/obamas-spying-scandal-is-starting-to-look-a-lot-like-watergate/ New York Post

Obamug’s spying scandal is starting to look a lot like Watergate

“F.B.I. Used Informant to Investigate Russia Ties to Campaign, Not to Spy, as Trump Claims,” read the headline on a lengthy New York Times story May 18. “The Justice Department used a suspected informant to probe whether Trump campaign aides were making improper contacts with Russia in 2016,” read a story in the May 21 edition of The Wall Street Journal.

So much for those who dismissed charges of Obama administration infiltration of Donald Trump’s campaign as paranoid fantasy. Defenders of the Obama intelligence and law enforcement apparat have had to fall back on the argument that this infiltration was for Trump’s — and the nation’s — own good.

It’s an argument that evidently didn’t occur to Richard Nixon’s defenders when it became clear that Nixon operatives had burglarized and wiretapped the Democratic National Committee’s headquarters in June 1972.

Until 2016, just about everyone agreed that it was a bad thing for government intelligence or law enforcement agencies to spy — er, use informants — on a political campaign, especially one of the opposition party. Liberals were especially suspicious of the FBI and the CIA. Nowadays they say that anyone questioning their good faith is unpatriotic.

The crime at the root of Watergate was an attempt at surveillance of the DNC after George McGovern seemed about to win the Democratic Party’s presidential nomination, just as the government misconduct in Russiagate was an attempt at surveillance of the Republican Party’s national campaign after Trump clinched its nomination.

In both cases, the incumbent administration regarded the opposition’s unorthodox nominee as undermining the nation’s long-standing foreign policy and therefore dangerous to the country. McGovern renounced the Democrats’ traditional Cold War policy. Trump expressed skepticism about George W. Bush and Obama administration policies on NATO, Mexico, Iran and (forgetting Barack Obama’s ridicule of Mitt Romney on the subject) Russia.
silvermani
silvermani

Back to top Go down

Obummer's spying scandal starting to look a lot like Watergate Empty Re: Obummer's spying scandal starting to look a lot like Watergate

Post by confuzzled dude Mon May 28, 2018 5:07 pm

LOL. Why are I've-got-nothing-to-hide patriot act supporting repub-cons are whining now?

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Obummer's spying scandal starting to look a lot like Watergate Empty Re: Obummer's spying scandal starting to look a lot like Watergate

Post by silvermani Tue May 29, 2018 12:21 am

A valid point but it is sad that Obummer stooped low with Orwelian spying tactics.
silvermani
silvermani

Back to top Go down

Post by southindian Tue May 29, 2018 8:17 am

silvermani wrote:https://nypost.com/2018/05/27/obamas-spying-scandal-is-starting-to-look-a-lot-like-watergate/ New York Post

Obamug’s spying scandal is starting to look a lot like Watergate

“F.B.I. Used Informant to Investigate Russia Ties to Campaign, Not to Spy, as Trump Claims,” read the headline on a lengthy New York Times story May 18. “The Justice Department used a suspected informant to probe whether Trump campaign aides were making improper contacts with Russia in 2016,” read a story in the May 21 edition of The Wall Street Journal.

So much for those who dismissed charges of Obama administration infiltration of Donald Trump’s campaign as paranoid fantasy. Defenders of the Obama intelligence and law enforcement apparat have had to fall back on the argument that this infiltration was for Trump’s — and the nation’s — own good.

It’s an argument that evidently didn’t occur to Richard Nixon’s defenders when it became clear that Nixon operatives had burglarized and wiretapped the Democratic National Committee’s headquarters in June 1972.

Until 2016, just about everyone agreed that it was a bad thing for government intelligence or law enforcement agencies to spy — er, use informants — on a political campaign, especially one of the opposition party. Liberals were especially suspicious of the FBI and the CIA. Nowadays they say that anyone questioning their good faith is unpatriotic.

The crime at the root of Watergate was an attempt at surveillance of the DNC after George McGovern seemed about to win the Democratic Party’s presidential nomination, just as the government misconduct in Russiagate was an attempt at surveillance of the Republican Party’s national campaign after Trump clinched its nomination.

In both cases, the incumbent administration regarded the opposition’s unorthodox nominee as undermining the nation’s long-standing foreign policy and therefore dangerous to the country. McGovern renounced the Democrats’ traditional Cold War policy. Trump expressed skepticism about George W. Bush and Obama administration policies on NATO, Mexico, Iran and (forgetting Barack Obama’s ridicule of Mitt Romney on the subject) Russia.
MORON,

You live in fake world now and have serious medical problems. Go see a shrink.

There's no such news.
southindian
southindian

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Wed May 30, 2018 9:27 am

The headline says it all:

On Fox News of all places, Trump’s ‘spy’ claim is debunked by Trey Gowdy and even Judge Napolitano

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/morning-mix/wp/2018/05/30/on-fox-news-rep-trey-gowdy-and-andrew-napolitano-dismantle-trumps-spygate-theories/?noredirect=on&utm_term=.3a6789a27884

“President Trump himself in the Comey memos said if anyone connected with my campaign was working with Russia, I want you to investigate it, and it sounds to me like that is exactly what the FBI did,” Gowdy told host Martha MacCallum. “I think when the president finds out what happened, he is going to be not just fine, he is going to be glad that we have an FBI that took seriously what they heard.”

“I am even more convinced that the FBI did exactly what my fellow citizens would want them to do when they got the information they got
, and that it has nothing to do with Donald Trump,” Gowdy said. Asked about the president’s tweets on the subject, he added that such statements could be subject to questioning by special counsel Robert S. Mueller III.

“If I were his lawyer, and I never will be, I would tell him to rely on his lawyers and his (communications) folks,” he said.
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Wed Jun 06, 2018 12:41 pm

Now Paul "Ron" Ryan says he agrees with Gowdy.

http://thehill.com/homenews/house/390970-paul-ryan-gowdys-statement-contradicting-trump-on-spying-claims-is-accurate

"I have seen no evidence to the contrary of the initial assessment Chairman Gowdy has made. But I want to make sure that we run every lead down and make sure we get final answers to these questions."

A week after the closed-door briefing, Gowdy told CBS News that he had seen no evidence to support Trump’s claims that a “spy” was improperly inserted into his 2016 campaign.

The Oversight and Government Reform Committee chairman, who is retiring, said he did not believe the FBI had done anything out of bounds in its investigation, and defended the use of informants by the bureau and other law enforcement agencies.

To summarize: the guys who have seen actual documents are saying that there is no evidence that the FBI did anything wrong. But the predisent is claiming that this is a huge scandal. Meanwhile trumptards continue with their mean-spirited idiocy.
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by silvermani Wed Jun 06, 2018 11:23 pm

Obummer has a history of spying on people so it's not like this scandal is a shocker except for smugtard Obummer groupies.
silvermani
silvermani

Back to top Go down

Post by silvermani Thu Jun 07, 2018 2:30 am

https://www.nationalreview.com/2017/05/nsa-illegal-surveillance-americans-obama-administration-abuse-fisa-court-response/?utm_source=social&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=mccarthy&utm_content=fisa-response
silvermani
silvermani

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Thu Jun 07, 2018 8:59 am

silvermani wrote:Obummer has a history of spying on people so it's not like this scandal is a shocker except for smugtard Obummer groupies.
Latest trumptard wisdom: Paul Ryan and Trey Gowdy are Obama groupies!
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by silvermani Thu Jun 07, 2018 11:31 am

Idéfix wrote:
silvermani wrote:Obummer has a history of spying on people so it's not like this scandal is a shocker except for smugtard Obummer groupies.
Latest trumptard wisdom: Paul Ryan and Trey Gowdy are Obama groupies!
Glad you don't think of yourself as one though you are eminently qualified to be one. Stay clueless, just like on election Eve.
silvermani
silvermani

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down