Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The car gives it away

Go down

The car gives it away Empty The car gives it away

Post by Idéfix Wed Jul 18, 2018 2:19 pm

I am signed up for emergency alerts with the city, so I get weird police messages all the time. This one made me chuckle... if they were trying to stereotype desi men, they couldn't have done any better.

The ___ Police Department would like to warn the community about an incident that occurred recently.

On July 13th at 7:46 pm, the ___ Police Department responded to a suspicious circumstance where an unknown man sexually propositioned a teenage minor while the boy was walking along ___ Street (near ___ Street). When the teen refused, the man walked away.

The following evening, the teen saw the man again—this time on ___ Avenue (near ___ Street). Now riding his bicycle, the victim was able to continue riding away from the man. The man continued to linger in the area for the next 30 minutes, before getting into a vehicle and leaving the area.

Witnesses describe the man as East Indian, about 40 years old, 5’9” tall, with black hair and a thin build—last seen driving a white 4-door sedan (possibly an early 2000 model Toyota Corolla).
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

The car gives it away Empty Re: The car gives it away

Post by Guest Wed Jul 18, 2018 2:28 pm

i currently drive a Nissan. I was initially hesitant about getting a Nissan, coz i always viewed it as the third poor cousin. You know, like two brothers from the main lineage, both doing well, and then there's that third cousin in the same business, still up there, but will never be considered mainstream. But anyway, I loved this particular model every time i saw it, so one morning, i was in a hotel near a dealership. I was hard pressed to get a new car that very weekend. So i walked in and test drove one. Was a pretense, coz i had already made up my mind to lease it, but i also wanted the dealer to work on the rate. Then i walked back in that afternoon (showered this time), and leased it officially. No complaints, except that it's a bit loud.

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Thu Jul 19, 2018 7:45 pm

Nissan is definitely not a part of the stereotype. And the Leaf seems to be everywhere now here in California.
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jul 20, 2018 8:55 am

debated a lot if i should go for an electric car, but simply can't afford Tesla as it's priced today. And I want that market and quality to become more stable and mainstream before i dive in it. Finally decided to lease a regular suv for 3 years, and then reassess everything when that ends. However, I am also kinda wary of buying a car, mostly coz of the pricing, but mostly i am so done with repairing old cars. Plus i don't think i am a seller, so I will never go out to sell a car.

In my mind, the perfect way to live now is to lease a car, drive it stress free for 3 years, repeat. Money wise it's not a smart decision, but overall i don't think it makes that huge a difference. I think i am still tormented how my previous car broke down on me 2 times in the middle of the road. Plus the unwanted news of - 'you need repairs worth a 1000+'... cut that noise. It's not just cars. Once I downsize my house, i will most likely rent till the end of life.

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Fri Jul 20, 2018 10:36 am

I am a fan of leasing too. I don't like the hassle of trying to sell or trade-in. After many years, I actually bought a car now because Tesla is not offering a lease option on the 3 yet.
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum