Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

trust

Go down

trust  Empty trust

Post by Guest Thu Jul 26, 2018 9:58 am

trust  Sms-quote-trust-is-the-most-important-part

Back to top Go down

trust  Empty Re: trust

Post by garam_kuta Thu Jul 26, 2018 11:29 am

and vice versa, I should think -hahaha!

aside: long time ago, a local, summer intern taught me ways of america, when i first came to US- all that I knew was only from movies, novels and some anecdotal stuff. this kid said "I don't know about indians, and I take your word that they value spirituality the most; but here, in america, it's $ex, Drugs & Money, in that order; if you didn't understand any talk among locals, you can bet that it's to do with $ex - all this still holds, IMO.

garam_kuta

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 26, 2018 11:58 am

garam_kuta wrote:and vice versa, I should think -hahaha!

aside: long time ago, a local, summer intern taught me ways of america, when i first came to US- all that I knew was only from movies, novels and some anecdotal stuff. this kid said "I don't know about indians, and I take your word that they value spirituality the most; but here, in america, it's $ex, Drugs & Money, in that order; if you didn't understand any talk among locals, you can bet that it's to do with $ex - all this still holds, IMO.

regarding $ex, not sure what part of india he was talking about  Wink coz like, non veg jokes were pretty in back then too. or maybe i belonged to the small p3rv3rted group Sad.  like, if an innocent girl unknowingly said, 'de de dijiye na, sir' for say, answers to his quiz, some of us would giggle in the back. Our math/bio tuition sir used to explain all chem and phy in innuendos. The rest got picked up in engg college, where the guys of my class never filtered anything to just us 2 girls, and they also kinda figured out we are not that uninitiated. of course i was pretty careful about constructing my sentences that could have double meanings, something which only got better in 4 years of undergrad. When i came here, XH's friends soon realized that while i keep a very straight face, i actually understand everything, hehe coz sometimes they would see a glimmer of smile on my face, Also, while in college that had that unix mail system, when bored in the library, i would sometimes log into XH's email account at school, just so that i could read all the jokes. Once they learned that, xh stopped receiving them.  Rolling Eyes

drugs, no. didn't get exposed. 

money, yeah here it's a much more advanced game.

Last edited by rasāsvāda on Thu Jul 26, 2018 12:05 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by garam_kuta Thu Jul 26, 2018 11:59 am

correction...$ex, Money and Drugs - in that order.
but here, in america, it's $ex, Drugs & Money, in that order; if you didn't understand any talk among locals, you can bet that it's to do with $ex - all this still holds, IMO.

garam_kuta

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 26, 2018 12:06 pm

garam_kuta wrote:correction...$ex, Money and Drugs - in that order.
but here, in america, it's $ex, Drugs & Money, in that order; if you didn't understand any talk among locals, you can bet that it's to do with $ex - all this still holds, IMO.

was gonna add, i haven't graduated to decoding you... but now a days you don't throw those curveballs much  Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down