Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

complicated

2 posters

Go down

complicated  Empty complicated

Post by Guest Wed Mar 27, 2019 3:54 pm

was coaching son the other day, on friendships, etc. and how to stay away from this one attention seeking dramebaaz who keeps creating serious (keyword - serious) problems for son. For the Nth time, he asked me, 'why should i end the complete friendship?' He hates being the insensitive guy, is the forever diplomat. I said, 'coz that kid is complicated, and you should not want such people in your life, it's not worth the time'. He goes, 'the whole thing with papa is also complicated, you still live with him'. And I was like, wow where's that coming from. For a quick reply i said, 'are you raising two kids together? have you been friends for decades?'. So he laughed a bit. but he handled ending that one pretty well, atleast so far it seems so. Luckily XH was on the same page to the last word on this one, and so was older sis, and his best friend (and his mom) as well. So collectively, he saw sense in hard-stopping that one.
but back to his comment, idk, am i indirectly teaching my kids to stay stuck in bad alliances, or has he just taken after me in temperament, or am i just thinking too much?

Back to top Go down

complicated  Empty Re: complicated

Post by Kris Wed Mar 27, 2019 8:57 pm

You are thinking too much.,No need for guilt. Your point about raising two kids etc is valid..He is just using skills fon debate class Smile

Kris

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 28, 2019 2:59 pm

Kris wrote:You are thinking too much.,No need for guilt. Your point about raising two kids etc is valid..He is just using skills fon debate class Smile

guess i am overthinking. ... talking of debate skills and being sassy (sometimes the two are related) all my younger life back in desh, i had this fairly realistic acknowledgement that thank god i am a girl and not a boy, coz if i was a boy, i would so get beaten up on the streets, thanks to my smart mouth. It's only when i got much older did life serve me the humble pie.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kris Thu Mar 28, 2019 4:21 pm

What do you mean if you were a boy? No one ever tried to run me off the road...Smile

Kris

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 29, 2019 6:18 am

Kris wrote:What do you mean if you were a boy? No one ever tried to run me off the road...Smile

Laughing Laughing imagine what all I would have attracted if I was a boy! But since you reminded me of it (again), guess that was the first time I was hated on in a love triangle situation, especially funny coz I wasn’t even involved with their guy(s) at the time!

Back to top Go down

Post by Seva Lamberdar Fri Mar 29, 2019 8:32 am

sulu wrote:was coaching son the other day, on friendships, etc. and how to stay away from this one attention seeking dramebaaz who keeps creating serious (keyword - serious) problems for son. For the Nth time, he asked me, 'why should i end the complete friendship?' He hates being the insensitive guy, is the forever diplomat. I said, 'coz that kid is complicated, and you should not want such people in your life, it's not worth the time'. He goes, 'the whole thing with papa is also complicated, you still live with him'. And I was like, wow where's that coming from. For a quick reply i said, 'are you raising two kids together? have you been friends for decades?'. So he laughed a bit. but he handled ending that one pretty well, atleast so far it seems so. Luckily XH was on the same page to the last word on this one, and so was older sis, and his best friend (and his mom) as well. So collectively, he saw sense in hard-stopping that one.
but back to his comment, idk, am i indirectly teaching my kids to stay stuck in bad alliances, or has he just taken after me in temperament, or am i just thinking too much?
Your son does have a point -- your 'XH' hanging around your house practically all the time with your permission.
Seva Lamberdar
Seva Lamberdar

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1bYp0igbxHcmg1G1J-qw0VUBSn7Fu

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down