Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

bulls and b!+ches

3 posters

Go down

bulls and b!+ches Empty bulls and b!+ches

Post by desi aunty Tue Feb 18, 2020 12:40 pm

us. most of us. in next birth.  What a Face

https://www.storypick.com/menstruating-women-cooking/

desi aunty

Back to top Go down

bulls and b!+ches Empty Re: bulls and b!+ches

Post by Kris Tue Feb 18, 2020 5:25 pm

Weirdly, one of my roommates in grad school kept tabs on his gf’s cycle and would talk about it. Maybe this had to do with being safe, as explained to me by someone later on but my question was why had to announce this to his roommates. He was studying accounting but this still seemed like excessive record keeping.

Kris

Back to top Go down

Post by desi aunty Tue Feb 18, 2020 9:35 pm

strange indeed.. i would be mortified if i was the gf. it's kinda funny. when you are 13 and all, you think, rather hope, rather DESPERATELY hope, that boys have no clue of this. atleast the boys your age. as if it's a secret you want to keep just to yourself and your sisters and girlfriends. fast forward many many years and your dude texts u casually, 'when's your next period'. the 14-year old me would have died of shame on being asked this lol.

desi aunty

Back to top Go down

Post by Kris Tue Feb 18, 2020 10:55 pm

I recalled after I posted that he prided himself on guessing as to when it was the time for other girls as well, not just his gf. I remember him talking about this after a party about the guests. We were three roommates at that time. The other guy didn’t seem to find this odd. Both the guys were pretty normal otherwise. I didn’t know what to make of it.

Kris

Back to top Go down

Post by desi aunty Wed Feb 19, 2020 8:06 am

Lol. It’s indeed odd. Of all the things I’d imagine two college guys would talk looking at girls in a party, this would not even be on my list. The only thing I find amusing about periods is how women end up syncing up their cycles when they cohabit or work closely. Let me google again to see if it’s backed some evolutionary theory.

desi aunty

Back to top Go down

Post by Kris Wed Feb 19, 2020 10:58 am

I just had a brilliant idea. What if he signs up as a consultant at that school in India which wants to check the girls? With his radar capability, there will be no more dehumanizing stripping. 

Usha - pass
Rekha- nope, no kitchen duty for you
Reeta-pass
Rani— ok, borderline

Kris

Back to top Go down

Post by garam_kuta Wed Feb 19, 2020 1:39 pm

desi aunty wrote:strange indeed.. i would be mortified if i was the gf. it's kinda funny. when you are 13 and all, you think, rather hope, rather DESPERATELY hope, that boys have no clue of this. atleast the boys your age. as if it's a secret you want to keep just to yourself and your sisters and girlfriends. fast forward many many years and your dude texts u casually, 'when's your next period'. the 14-year old me would have died of shame on being asked this lol.

how about those women who share this with males who are truly their very close and caring friends/comrades at workplace, whom they treat as 'sakhi', like krishna and draupati comes to my mind - unfortunate that this kinda relationship has been vulgarized, and often viewed with deep skepticism.

garam_kuta

Back to top Go down

Post by Kris Wed Feb 19, 2020 3:39 pm

If it is a colleague, this seems like TMI. On the other hand, considering the roommate situation I have described above, nothing surprises me anymore.

Kris

Back to top Go down

Post by desi aunty Wed Feb 19, 2020 5:07 pm

Kris wrote:I just had a brilliant idea. What if he signs up as a consultant at that school in India which wants to check the girls? With his radar capability, there will be no more dehumanizing stripping. 

Usha - pass
Rekha- nope, no kitchen duty for you
Reeta-pass
Rani— ok, borderline

haha that'd be funny

desi aunty

Back to top Go down

Post by desi aunty Wed Feb 19, 2020 5:33 pm

garam_kuta wrote:
desi aunty wrote:strange indeed.. i would be mortified if i was the gf. it's kinda funny. when you are 13 and all, you think, rather hope, rather DESPERATELY hope, that boys have no clue of this. atleast the boys your age. as if it's a secret you want to keep just to yourself and your sisters and girlfriends. fast forward many many years and your dude texts u casually, 'when's your next period'. the 14-year old me would have died of shame on being asked this lol.

how about those women who share this with males who are truly their very close and caring friends/comrades at workplace, whom they treat as 'sakhi', like krishna and draupati comes to my mind - unfortunate that this kinda relationship has been vulgarized, and often viewed with deep skepticism.  

hmm, at workplace, can't remember... maybe some casual general comments. My workplace demeanor is a bit different. i forget genders for most part. but i have overheard mixed genders talking very openly, and don't care. 

all this shyness tbh was until early high school. by late teen, i was pretty open, in friends and family circle i mean, and XH's family was even more open than mine. i know what you mean though. i remember one of my aunts was once furious coz some woman-relative of his son's fiancée was telling him some stories about her childbirth. The aunt thought the lady was corrupting her 30-year old son lol. and i was like - oh u r not supposed to talk these things? 

desi aunty

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down