Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is as bad as what happens in Islamic countries

2 posters

Go down

This is as bad as what happens in Islamic countries Empty This is as bad as what happens in Islamic countries

Post by MulaiAzhagi Sat Mar 10, 2012 10:58 pm

“WE’RE going for a trip”, Sakina remembers her older sister saying. Orphaned and poor, the girls were happy to leave their home in Kolkata. Taken 1,300km to Kotla, a village on the wheat plains south of Delhi, the 12-year-old Sakina was dumped in the arms of an older man while her sister fled. The man, a wage labourer, had paid over 5,000 rupees ($100, today) to a dalal, or broker, who arranged to ship unwanted girls to places short of them.

Sakina, now taking a break from the first harvest of the year, recalls the early misery of her new home. A Bengali forced into marriage, she was jeered at as a paro, a term for female outsider in Haryana, and shunned. We are treated as goats, mutters another woman, imported from Hyderabad. “It was when I started having children that I realised I had no time to be upset,” Sakina says. She has produced nine offspring, eight of them boys. Now she worries about getting brides for them—and says she is even ready to repeat her own sad history by contacting a dalal.

http://www.economist.com/node/18530371

====> It is an old article. But a sad one.

MulaiAzhagi

Back to top Go down

This is as bad as what happens in Islamic countries Empty Re: This is as bad as what happens in Islamic countries

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sat Mar 10, 2012 11:36 pm

MulaiAzhagi wrote:“WE’RE going for a trip”, Sakina remembers her older sister saying. Orphaned and poor, the girls were happy to leave their home in Kolkata. Taken 1,300km to Kotla, a village on the wheat plains south of Delhi, the 12-year-old Sakina was dumped in the arms of an older man while her sister fled. The man, a wage labourer, had paid over 5,000 rupees ($100, today) to a dalal, or broker, who arranged to ship unwanted girls to places short of them.

Sakina, now taking a break from the first harvest of the year, recalls the early misery of her new home. A Bengali forced into marriage, she was jeered at as a paro, a term for female outsider in Haryana, and shunned. We are treated as goats, mutters another woman, imported from Hyderabad. “It was when I started having children that I realised I had no time to be upset,” Sakina says. She has produced nine offspring, eight of them boys. Now she worries about getting brides for them—and says she is even ready to repeat her own sad history by contacting a dalal.

http://www.economist.com/node/18530371

====> It is an old article. But a sad one.

The iSlamic practices in womanless desertlands are seriously practiced in fertile naarthie lands.

what a shame. what a bunch of idiots.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down