Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

hilarious

4 posters

Go down

hilarious Empty hilarious

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Sun Apr 22, 2012 11:12 am

LOL! look at rule #7.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

hilarious Empty Re: hilarious

Post by Guest Sun Apr 22, 2012 12:14 pm

you found it funny? glad for you but for some it is the sad truth. yet, and quite shockingly, folks like -sandilya and pranay001, are still optimistic that team sulekha might still intervene (after a year of chaos!). some people i say.

aside: -sandilya, even your patients don't take that long to show recovery. get a grip dogtor.

<rant>hate psychiatrists</end of rant>

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 22, 2012 1:42 pm

this is the prism -sandilya (a psychiatrist), sees his patients through ("depression" is more common among women than men -- stats from first world countries)

-Sandilya wrote:Where is this published? MCP Journal?

Male couch potatoes will have the same issues as women who don't cook
and watch TV all day. In India, middle-class women these days have a
cook in the kitchen and a maid for keeping the house clean. As she puts
on weight watching soap operas and gulping on pills for hypertension,
depression and type II diabetes, the husband gets his "exercise" outside
the house.

http://forums.sulekha.com/forums/coffeehouse/sitting-is-silent-contributor-to-diabetes-in-women-1131230.htm#1131251

this psychiatrist thinks:

1) exercise is the cure for all illnesses, particularly mental (probably hindu philosophy too but FDA won't let him prescribe that);
2) he refuses to reckon with the fact that innate/genetic disorders in some people cripple them with mental illnesses and no amount of yoga, exercise or philosophy can alleviate their symptoms (let alone cure them). but he will prescribe -- that is his profession. and he will over prescribe -- to 11 year old kids with SSRIs to cure "diagnosed" ADHD.

note: i am not anti psychiatrists. some people really benefit from the drugs we have. but i am against psychiatrists like -sandilya who cannot empathize (let alone emote) and are only glorified medical representatives of pharma. companies (in this case pharma companies like forest and others that manufacture drugs for mental ailments). regrettably, he falls into the majority.

Back to top Go down

Post by charvaka Sun Apr 22, 2012 3:35 pm

Huzefa Kapasi wrote:folks like -sandilya and pranay001, are still optimistic that team sulekha might still intervene (after a year of chaos!). some people i say.
Wait, Team Sulekha did intervene, no?
charvaka
charvaka

Back to top Go down

Post by charvaka Sun Apr 22, 2012 3:37 pm

OMFG. This is more than hilarious. It looks like the account Team Sulekha got hacked! I tried to see if there is any I for l business, but doesn't seem like it. Somebody is able to log in as "Team Sulekha" and post whatever they want to post. I had misunderestimated the incompetence of Team Sulekha!
charvaka
charvaka

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sun Apr 22, 2012 6:44 pm

charvaka wrote:OMFG. This is more than hilarious. It looks like the account Team Sulekha got hacked! I tried to see if there is any I for l business, but doesn't seem like it. Somebody is able to log in as "Team Sulekha" and post whatever they want to post. I had misunderestimated the incompetence of Team Sulekha, and of course, the abilities of the Chuppinders of SuCH!

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sun Apr 22, 2012 10:33 pm

..Team Sulekha is turning out to the funniest Handle on CH as of this moment.....ROFL

It sounds bery bery much like Huze....Wink

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 22, 2012 11:43 pm

yeah, team sulekha is me during my waking hours. the link MS gave is not me. Smile it's possible to register in any name now and multiple times in the same name. further, if you notice, my posts as team sulekha appear in the "all posts" section of real team sulekha's profile -- http://sulekhablogs.sulekha.com/allposts.htm?amp;utm_source=newproflayout&utm_medium=allposts. if real team sulekha bans me (total ban including erasing of history), it, in effect, bans itself too.

Back to top Go down

Post by Another Brick Mon Apr 23, 2012 5:10 am

rofllll

HK, you devil.

Another Brick

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 23, 2012 5:31 am

AB read HK's latest message above yours by strategically adding a "N" in waking...i made that mistake and it was ROFLMAO

Back to top Go down

Post by Another Brick Mon Apr 23, 2012 5:37 am

haha, no, not because of that, RH. that thread on sulekha is a real rofllll material. why, all of the forum of late is a roflll material.

Another Brick

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 23, 2012 6:11 am

lol hed. i decided to engage in old ch after i saw "deep purpill" posting. one year later, just when you''d have thought things couldn't get any worse, i found they could! and if this virus spreads to the blogs...

incidentally, when you post a comment in a blog after registering in the blogger's name, the profile id that shows up against your comment is that of the original blogger! so there is no way anyone can detect that it is fake. which brings us to the particularly troubling point that if someone abused maya's dad in the blogs impersonating as truthseeker, truthseeker could cry himself hoarse denying it was him but no one would believe him! random thoughts.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 23, 2012 6:22 am

my prediction is that since this knowledge is public now, QB will be the first to create havoc in blogs to force sulekha to take action. let's see.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 23, 2012 11:51 pm

http://dhaamu.sulekha.com/blog/post/2012/04/can-coming-n-americ-jaunt-b-more-productive-though4a/comments.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Tue Apr 24, 2012 9:14 am

i think satya prabhakar has retired leaving sulekha to its own devices having made his billions. i don't think he gives a crap even to the blogs section.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 24, 2012 9:59 am

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:i think satya prabhakar has retired leaving sulekha to its own devices having made his billions. i don't think he gives a crap even to the blogs section.

Sulekha classifieds are super-popular in India & a huge money-churner I'm sure.

I've had colleagues asking me surprised "Is Sulekha popular in US too?" not knowing the origins of the website. The rest of it all (CH, Blogs) & all those literary aspirations of the website are history...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 24, 2012 11:06 am

yes hed. i agree with max too. i don't think blogs or forums is their USP or whatever. i think, it is just unwanted baggage from the past. now the thing is, as charvaka explained in detail once with a guest house example, it is more convenient and easier to let these sections, blogs and forums, languish than to clean up or discontinue them.

sulekha has made a 180 degrees from what it was in the late 90s. only we few know its story. the credit goes to satya for finding a niche (sheer tenacity) after starting a site with NO niche/USP and for not going bust during the dot com bubble. not that sulekha's woes are over, but satya's woes definitely are. Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down