Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Suit: Woman fired after donating kidney for boss

Go down

Suit: Woman fired after donating kidney for boss Empty Suit: Woman fired after donating kidney for boss

Post by MulaiAzhagi Tue Apr 24, 2012 11:32 pm

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-505266_162-57419718/suit-woman-fired-after-donating-kidney-for-boss/?tag=stack

Stevens offered to help and became a link in a multiple-patient kidney chain, which resulted in a kidney for Brucia. You have to give one kidney to get one.

"Mine was donated on her behalf so that she could get another one, so she could get a good one that matched her perfectly," Stevens said

According to Stevens, the only thanks she ever got from her boss came in the form of an email reading, "Thanks more than I can ever say."

Stevens returned to work four weeks later - even before Brucia. Three days after coming back Stevens says she didn't feel well. "No sooner when I got through the door at my house, the phone rang and it was her, saying - 'What are you doing? Why are you home,'" Stevens said. "And I'm like, 'Jackie, I don't feel well.' And she said, 'Well you can't just can't come and go as you please. People are going to think you're getting special treatment.'"

Stevens said she had complications from the surgery, like nerve damage in her leg. But she said, the yelling didn't stop.

"And she told me, it sounds like a personal problem and she wasn't interested," Stevens said. "And I said, well it's a personal problem because it's surgery. I've never had a kidney removed. And she said, 'Oh, are you throwing this up in my face?'"

===> What a stupid thing to do. Donating your kidney to your boss.

At the end of the day people with whom you work will act on their own self interest and do anything to protect themselves.

The poor woman learnt a bitter lesson at a terrible cost.

MulaiAzhagi

Back to top Go down

Suit: Woman fired after donating kidney for boss Empty Re: Suit: Woman fired after donating kidney for boss

Post by MulaiAzhagi Tue Apr 24, 2012 11:41 pm

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/kidney_punch_j7UMAOxxe9i5XgyP3sBLaN

The Boss is ugly.

MulaiAzhagi

Back to top Go down