Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

To PP (Arborz)

2 posters

Go down

To PP (Arborz) Empty To PP (Arborz)

Post by Kris Tue May 01, 2012 12:56 am

Was there last sat nite. Got parking on Addison on the street - it was after 7 pm. Got seated right away with no reservations. Food was good. Wife loved it but felt stuffed with the mixed sampler. They were seriously understaffed for a weekend evening. Waitress was still helpful, even directing us to a less expensive wine, but better in her opinion (Chilean Merlot). Dessert was persian ice cream+ faludeh- awesome. That street has really been spiffed up- was surprised, but I haven't been there in awhile. Mrs. asked me if we could go again this weekend. Price not too shabby either for the ambience.

Kris

Back to top Go down

To PP (Arborz) Empty Re: To PP (Arborz)

Post by Idéfix Tue May 01, 2012 1:02 am

Glad you enjoyed it! We have to go back -- haven't been in a couple of months (it's a once-a-month place for us.) The faludeh-ice cream combo is always awesome. The Spanish place a couple of doors away is good too.

Next time you are in the area, here's my latest favorite: Bistro Liaison, a couple of blocks north of there at Hearst and Shattuck. Hard to get into particularly earlier in the evening before the theater opening times, but excellent food and wines. We end up going there a couple of times a month.
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by Kris Tue May 01, 2012 1:06 am

Will check it out. The spanish joint- tapas, wine kinda place? Would be something the wife would like - maybe mother's day, now that I think abot it.

Kris

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Tue May 01, 2012 1:25 am

Kris wrote:Will check it out. The spanish joint- tapas, wine kinda place? Would be something the wife would like - maybe mother's day, now that I think abot it.
That's what it was. Just looked on Google Maps, but looks like it has changed hands. An Italian sports bar seems to have taken its place! The earlier place did have a TV over the bar showing Real Madrid and Barcelona games, but this looks very different.
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by Kris Tue May 01, 2012 1:34 am

panini press wrote:
Kris wrote:Will check it out. The spanish joint- tapas, wine kinda place? Would be something the wife would like - maybe mother's day, now that I think abot it.
That's what it was. Just looked on Google Maps, but looks like it has changed hands. An Italian sports bar seems to have taken its place! The earlier place did have a TV over the bar showing Real Madrid and Barcelona games, but this looks very different.

>>> Thanks. Will check out the other joints as well.

Kris

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum