Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

petrol price - India wide protests

3 posters

Go down

petrol price - India wide protests Empty petrol price - India wide protests

Post by truthbetold Thu May 24, 2012 8:58 pm

http://www.thehindu.com/news/national/article3453153.ece?homepage=true

The recent price rise by Indian oil companies evoked strong protests including congress states kerala, AP and Uttarkhand. Allies TMC and DMK strongly opposed it. Opposition see this as a major opportunity.

I support the price increase. Petro subsidies (including petrol, kerosene and diesel) cost India close to $40 Billion according to an estimate. I may not sure if the estimate is accurate but it is definitely in 10s of billions of US dollars. It is causing serious fiscal crisis in Indian budget. IF Man mohan singh can show backbone and stands up to continue the price rise, he deserves support.

Indian govt gave up direct price fixing of petrol price. But for the sake of Indian economy, Indian politics should be removed from influencing petrol prices. Chances of market fixing of petrol prices is not likely to happen but one can wish for it.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

petrol price - India wide protests Empty Re: petrol price - India wide protests

Post by Guest Fri May 25, 2012 1:47 pm

bullshit. indian telecom towers consume about half (approximately) of the diesel consumed -- to run their "dc" gensets. this act by the govt. would have been considered brave had they reduced the subsidies on diesel. so an unnatural phenomena will occur -- folks migrating to diesel engine cars. a catastrophe is in waiting. needles to say, petrol prices are cross subsidizing lpg and cooking gas.

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Sun May 27, 2012 7:11 pm

http://www.atimes.com/atimes/South_Asia/MF01Df01.html

The above link gives some good information to formulate your opinion on this topic.

Huzefa,

Indian govt will be forced to act on kerosene and LPG subsidy in June unless oil prices collapse ( by world economic freezing due to some thing like Greek exit of euro and refusing to pay its debt). If Indian govt fails to show that courage, rupee could become completely useless for a while and Indias growth can be impacted for a few years. India's reputation as law abiding democratic nation will take a severe beating.

Indian govt should send strong signal that it will correct the currency by both RBI intervention and by correcting broken subsidy regime.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 27, 2012 7:16 pm

PLEASURE and PAIN
comes @ Same Price:
Rs 80 for a BEER Bottle
or 1 ltr of PETROL....
Decision is urs
JHOOM Lo Ya GHOOM Lo.....

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 28, 2012 12:48 am

Natalia Romanova wrote:PLEASURE and PAIN
comes @ Same Price:
Rs 80 for a BEER Bottle
or 1 ltr of PETROL....
Decision is urs

wah wah! kya baat hai mohtarma!

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlot Daruwala Mon May 28, 2012 12:49 am

Huzefa Kapasi wrote:bullshit. indian telecom towers consume about half (approximately) of the diesel consumed -- to run their "dc" gensets. this act by the govt. would have been considered brave had they reduced the subsidies on diesel. so an unnatural phenomena will occur -- folks migrating to diesel engine cars. a catastrophe is in waiting. needles to say, petrol prices are cross subsidizing lpg and cooking gas.

Hoozay, that nutjob leading your state might very well bring down the govt if they do that kind of anti-people poriborton. Nevertheless, I think the govt might well grit its teeth and pull off that too over the next few weeks. Now that the petrol hike went down without too much problems, despite freaks like Anna throwing in their lot for a Bharat Bandh, a diesel hike might well happen. Hope the Italian lady doesn't nix it.
Merlot Daruwala
Merlot Daruwala

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 28, 2012 8:11 am

Huzefa Kapasi wrote:
comes @ Same Price:
Rs 80 for a BEER Bottle
or 1 ltr of PETROL....
Decision is urs

Txs. It's copy-pasted, not my own.

Back to top Go down

Post by harharmahadev Mon May 28, 2012 10:30 am

truthbetold wrote:http://www.thehindu.com/news/national/article3453153.ece?homepage=true

The recent price rise by Indian oil companies evoked strong protests including congress states kerala, AP and Uttarkhand. Allies TMC and DMK strongly opposed it. Opposition see this as a major opportunity.

I support the price increase. Petro subsidies (including petrol, kerosene and diesel) cost India close to $40 Billion according to an estimate. I may not sure if the estimate is accurate but it is definitely in 10s of billions of US dollars. It is causing serious fiscal crisis in Indian budget. IF Man mohan singh can show backbone and stands up to continue the price rise, he deserves support.

Indian govt gave up direct price fixing of petrol price. But for the sake of Indian economy, Indian politics should be removed from influencing petrol prices. Chances of market fixing of petrol prices is not likely to happen but one can wish for it.

For once, I agree with you....if I understood you correctly.

harharmahadev

http://www.desichatter.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 28, 2012 11:03 am

Natalia Romanova wrote:
Huzefa Kapasi wrote:
comes @ Same Price:
Rs 80 for a BEER Bottle
or 1 ltr of PETROL....
Decision is urs

Txs. It's copy-pasted, not my own.

oh, really? i thought i had google searched it to check if it was original. i am still not getting any results (in google). anyway, good copy-paste selection!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 28, 2012 11:09 am

truthbetold wrote:
Huzefa,

Indian govt will be forced to act on kerosene and LPG subsidy in June unless oil prices collapse ( by world economic freezing due to some thing like Greek exit of euro and refusing to pay its debt). If Indian govt fails to show that courage, rupee could become completely useless for a while and Indias growth can be impacted for a few years. India's reputation as law abiding democratic nation will take a severe beating.

Indian govt should send strong signal that it will correct the currency by both RBI intervention and by correcting broken subsidy regime.

well said. informative article (asia times). texas!

telecom towers in china run on solar cells. india should do the same. the issue of theft is there (which is why telecom towers use dc gensets) but there should be a tough law like there is for railways for theft of railway goods (rails, elastic rail clips etc.). tough railway theft laws have totally deterred theft of railway property. such laws for the telecom industry will bring down our oil import drastically.

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Mon May 28, 2012 1:28 pm

You seem to know more about this topic of telcom dc gensets and theft. Irrespective of oil prices such illegal activities and pollution activities must be eliminated.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down