Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

When I am 64

5 posters

Go down

When I am 64 Empty When I am 64

Post by Kris Fri Jun 01, 2012 12:09 am

Kris

Back to top Go down

When I am 64 Empty Re: When I am 64

Post by Guest Fri Jun 01, 2012 5:15 am

When I am 64, I will go on a cruise.

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria S Fri Jun 01, 2012 8:50 am

It's a nice song Kris! Was thought-provoking.

When I am 64..hopefully in good health, will continue to do everything I am doing now, hopefully better.

I was thinking about John Lennon..he did not live to be 64.. the only fear is perhaps losing people I love dearly along the way, so the present and making memories today seems so important..esp, happy memories- one can think about, smile about!
Maria S
Maria S

Back to top Go down

Post by Impedimenta Fri Jun 01, 2012 9:30 am

when i am 64, i will be old, well older. also, cruise is for old people.

Impedimenta

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 01, 2012 9:47 am

Almost two decades from now. Hmmm....I see myself retiring in the foothills of Arunachalam in Thiruvannamalai, doing meditation and stuff and waiting to kick the bucket. Sonnies with their wives and kids may be visiting me once in a while if they r'ber that I exist.

PS: Will be visiting Ramanashramam/Tiruvannamalai for the first time this summer. Will watch out for Chengum on my way there Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 01, 2012 9:48 am

kinnera wrote:Almost two decades from now. Hmmm....I see myself retiring in the foothills of Arunachalam in Thiruvannamalai, doing meditation and stuff and waiting to kick the bucket. Sonnies with their wives and kids may be visiting me once in a while if they r'ber that I exist.

PS: Will be visiting Ramanashramam/Tiruvannamalai for the first time this summer. Will watch out for Chengum on my way there Smile

will dump husband?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 01, 2012 9:55 am

Natalia Romanova wrote:
kinnera wrote:Almost two decades from now. Hmmm....I see myself retiring in the foothills of Arunachalam in Thiruvannamalai, doing meditation and stuff and waiting to kick the bucket. Sonnies with their wives and kids may be visiting me once in a while if they r'ber that I exist.

will dump husband?

Don't know what to do with him. He's not cool with the idea of retiring in Tiruvannamalai.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kris Fri Jun 01, 2012 10:39 am

>>>> I need to move the time table two more decades for that. Hey, go to pondy too- not far from there.

Kris

Back to top Go down

Post by Kris Fri Jun 01, 2012 10:41 am

blabberwock wrote:When I am 64, I will go on a cruise.

>>>64 is too young for the old people cruise. Those guys are in their 80's. Find one of the action-oriented ones and go now. Smile

Kris

Back to top Go down

Post by Kris Fri Jun 01, 2012 10:45 am

Maria S wrote:It's a nice song Kris! Was thought-provoking.

When I am 64..hopefully in good health, will continue to do everything I am doing now, hopefully better.

I was thinking about John Lennon..he did not live to be 64.. the only fear is perhaps losing people I love dearly along the way, so the present and making memories today seems so important..esp, happy memories- one can think about, smile about!

>>> There was an artist rendering of how the 4 would look when they were 64. Paul especially looked like an English Country squire, quite different in the way he has grown into old age.

Kris

Back to top Go down

Post by Kris Fri Jun 01, 2012 10:52 am

Kris wrote:

>>>> I need to move the time table two more decades for that. Hey, go to pondy too- not far from there.

>>>>I meant you need to need to move the time table. I probably will be sitting in my office tearing my hair out over some inane issue as always Smile

Kris

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria S Fri Jun 01, 2012 2:04 pm

It's funny you say that Kris. Paul, for a man who will be 70 soon.. does have a relatively/remarkably youthful face- not sure if plastic surgery was involved!

It's interesting how we visualize people when they grow older..and they sometimes age very differently! Some of the attractive people (I thought they were- a few decades ago!) have not aged so well, while others who were average..look much better now!

I don't believe in computer generated images of aging as well..genes, health,habits etc (like women smokers who age quickly, imo)..a lot of factors are involved.

Last edited by Maria S on Fri Jun 01, 2012 2:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Maria S
Maria S

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 01, 2012 2:07 pm

Kris wrote:
Kris wrote:

>>>>I meant you need to need to move the time table. I probably will be sitting in my office tearing my hair out over some inane issue as always Smile

Yeah, you are right Kris. 60s is too young to kick the bucket. i can do much better than that Smile. Someone in my family is still working at 81. I hope i got his genes Smile. He is a top criminal lawyer.

Back to top Go down

When I am 64 Empty Definitely NOT...

Post by Petrichor Fri Jun 01, 2012 3:08 pm

When I am 64 540356_10150864694666698_565071697_9534035_2128764595_n

Petrichor

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 01, 2012 3:13 pm

yeah, don't do that kinns.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 01, 2012 8:04 pm

Kris wrote:
blabberwock wrote:When I am 64, I will go on a cruise.

>>>64 is too young for the old people cruise. Those guys are in their 80's. Find one of the action-oriented ones and go now. Smile

Oh. Strike that!

Scuba diving it is.

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sat Jun 02, 2012 2:10 am

Have you any idea about Thiruvannamalai? It is HOT - very HOT almost year round with not much water. The hills are dry rocks. It is almost you are in West Texas during summer.

So you are also a follower of Sri Paramahamsa Nityanada Swamy ? He always meditates with women all around him.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum