Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Paging Merlot Daruwala Urgent Visa Question H

+3
FluteHolder
Hellsangel
Kumarg
7 posters

Go down

Paging Merlot Daruwala Urgent Visa Question H Empty Paging Merlot Daruwala Urgent Visa Question H

Post by Kumarg Wed Jun 27, 2012 8:10 am

Or anyone else knowledgeable about it can answer it for me to please,

How does one know that all 60 K quota for 2012 has been exhausted or still available? Is there a website that gives this information for certain?

Iif the quota is exhausted I believe one can not join a position till Oct 2013??

TIA

Kumarg

Back to top Go down

Paging Merlot Daruwala Urgent Visa Question H Empty Re: Paging Merlot Daruwala Urgent Visa Question H

Post by Hellsangel Wed Jun 27, 2012 9:12 am

For all immigration wisdom, turn to his Holiness who knows everything about everything.
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Paging Merlot Daruwala Urgent Visa Question H Empty Re: Paging Merlot Daruwala Urgent Visa Question H

Post by Kumarg Wed Jun 27, 2012 9:35 am

who is his holiness? would appreciate if someone can answer this question for me please. TIA

Kumarg

Back to top Go down

Post by FluteHolder Wed Jun 27, 2012 9:38 am

Kumarg wrote:Or anyone else knowledgeable about it can answer it for me to please,

How does one know that all 60 K quota for 2012 has been exhausted or still available? Is there a website that gives this information for certain?

Iif the quota is exhausted I believe one can not join a position till Oct 2013??

TIA

www.immigration.com www.murthy.com should give good info.

FluteHolder

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlot Daruwala Wed Jun 27, 2012 9:56 am

Kumarg wrote:How does one know that all 60 K quota for 2012 has been exhausted or still available? Is there a website that gives this information for certain?

For all the latest news on visas, follow the USCIS website.

Kumarg wrote:Iif the quota is exhausted I believe one can not join a position till Oct 2013??

Yes, one has to wait for April 2013 to submit the petition and plan on travel after Oct '13.
Merlot Daruwala
Merlot Daruwala

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremiah Mburuburu Wed Jun 27, 2012 10:06 am

Merlot Daruwala wrote:
Kumarg wrote:How does one know that all 60 K quota for 2012 has been exhausted or still available? Is there a website that gives this information for certain?

For all the latest news on visas, follow the USCIS website.

Kumarg wrote:Iif the quota is exhausted I believe one can not join a position till Oct 2013??

Yes, one has to wait for April 2013 to submit the petition and plan on travel after Oct '13.
interesting! Her Royal Roundness knows the ins and outs of visas, and that is well known among the visa aspirants?

Jeremiah Mburuburu

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Wed Jun 27, 2012 10:29 am

Kumarg wrote:Or anyone else knowledgeable about it can answer it for me to please,

TIA

Maulana Merlot gave the correct link.

However, the news is not that good - unless you come under special category (like having a PhD, or will work in a DoD/DoE lab). So, you just might have to wait till Oct. 1 2014 for which you should have all papers/documents ready to file on June 1, 2013. It is June 29, and it is perhaps already too late for Oct 1, 2013.

Here:

FY 2013 H-1B Cap

On June 11, 2012, USCIS received a sufficient number of petitions to reach the statutory cap for FY 2013. On June 7, 2012, USCIS also received more than 20,000 H-1B petitions on behalf of persons exempt from the cap under the advanced degree exemption. USCIS will reject petitions subject to the cap for H-1B specialty occupation workers seeking an employment start date in FY 2013 that are received after June 11, 2012.

USCIS continues to accept petitions exempted from the cap and DOD cooperative research worker H-1B petitions and Chile/Singapore H-1B1 petitions requesting an employment start date in FY 2013.

Cap Amounts

The current annual cap on the H-1B category is 65,000. Not all H-1B nonimmigrants are subject to this annual cap. Please note that up to 6,800 visas are set aside from the cap of 65,000 during each fiscal year for the H-1B1 program under the terms of the legislation implementing the U.S.-Chile and U.S.-Singapore Free Trade Agreements. Unused numbers in this pool are made available for H-1B use for the next fiscal year.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Wed Jun 27, 2012 10:30 am

Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote:On June 11, 2012, USCIS received a sufficient number of petitions to reach the statutory cap for FY 2013. On June 7, 2012, USCIS also received more than 20,000 H-1B petitions on behalf of persons exempt from the cap under the advanced degree exemption.
This is the most definitive sign I have seen so far that the job market is recovering.
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 27, 2012 10:37 am

"However, the news is not that good - unless you come under special category (like having a PhD, or will work in a DoD/DoE lab). So, you just might have to wait till Oct. 1 2014 for which you should have all papers/documents ready to file on June 1, 2013. It is June 29, and it is perhaps already too late for Oct 1, 2013."

Upps, are you skipping a year? It is 2012 right now. scratch

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlot Daruwala Wed Jun 27, 2012 10:50 am

panini press wrote:
Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote:On June 11, 2012, USCIS received a sufficient number of petitions to reach the statutory cap for FY 2013. On June 7, 2012, USCIS also received more than 20,000 H-1B petitions on behalf of persons exempt from the cap under the advanced degree exemption.
This is the most definitive sign I have seen so far that the job market is recovering.

Nah. In a misguided attempt to solve the jobs problem at home, lower level consular babus are rejecting L1 work visas left right and center. So all the Indian tech companies have started applying for H1 visas in bulk.
Merlot Daruwala
Merlot Daruwala

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Wed Jun 27, 2012 10:55 am

Merlot Daruwala wrote:
panini press wrote:

Nah. In a misguided attempt to solve the jobs problem at home, lower level consular babus are rejecting L1 work visas left right and center. So all the Indian tech companies have started applying for H1 visas in bulk.
I see -- that explains the main quota running out. But I am surprised the 20k special quota for US graduate degree holders ran out as well. I don't remember that one running out this early in the year since the great recession began. And most Indian tech company employees won't qualify for those visas.
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Wed Jun 27, 2012 10:59 am

panini press wrote:

That is the US Govt (perhaps all govts) way of handling budgets. FY 2013 Starts on Oct 1, 2012 and runs till Sept 30, 2013. So to apply for the Oct 1, 2012 quota, you should have started applying on June 1.

I dont know if this points to job recovery. It shows the Indian and phoren software companies are struggling and filing for H1B. It does not give a breakdown of companies to get a feel. It is not like the companies resort to phoren H1Bs ONLY after exhausting all American unemployed workers.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down