Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

In India!

Go down

In India! Empty In India!

Post by Kris Tue Aug 07, 2012 9:29 am

Humid weather, traffic (yeah, yeah infrastructure!), multiple appointments -non-linear functioning to the max. Did I mention overeating? BTW, high point of journey thus far came in Cambodia about three days back. Angkor Wat built circa 12th century by Suryavaraman and Banteay Siri not far away built a couple of centuries before and Angkor Thom -- all built by hindus and buddhist kings,. Built by a people over the span of six centuries who evaporated off the civiilizational map about the 1600's, surrendering it to the jungle. To see the sadness in it, think notre dame being taken over by the jungle and the french reverting to subsistence living and civill wars. Angkor Wat is a visual feast, so breathtakingly grand-- I think my wife and kids must have heard the gasp when I first saw the walkway leading to the structure. More later on this as time and banalities like real estate transactions permit.

Kris (on my nephew's laptop, in a 7th floor apartment, still perturbed by the traffic noise outside, but enjoying the company of my dad regaling my kids with tales of his student days)

Kris

Back to top Go down