Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Looks like Dhoni/selectors forced VVSL to quit

5 posters

Go down

Looks like Dhoni/selectors forced VVSL to quit Empty Looks like Dhoni/selectors forced VVSL to quit

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sat Aug 18, 2012 11:53 pm

..reading between the lines, it appears that the selctors (perhaps, at the behest of Dhoni) must have told him that N series would be his farewell series...

Perhaps he would have wanted to quit after Eng/Aussie series later this year rather than after the NZ series. Why else would he practice for 3 to 4 hours at NCA for the last 4 months?

Interesting to read Ganguly's blunt talk about Srikant and selectors.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Looks like Dhoni/selectors forced VVSL to quit Empty Re: Looks like Dhoni/selectors forced VVSL to quit

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Sun Aug 19, 2012 9:13 am

hypocrite
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Looks like Dhoni/selectors forced VVSL to quit Empty Re: Looks like Dhoni/selectors forced VVSL to quit

Post by truthbetold Sun Aug 19, 2012 1:21 pm

http://www.deccanchronicle.com/channels/sport/cricket/did-vvs-laxman-retire-hurt-529

This article in DC contains spe ulation that one of thesele tors may have called lax to tell him that this could be his farewell series. Lax was training hard for 4 months. His wife also expressed surprise at his decision.
Then dhoni does his act of being incommunicado. In this age technology that is an indicator. Lax probably did not like the atmosphere. Gentleman laxman walked off i to future of serenity.
I am not saying in anger. But dhoni should be dismissed as captain after the disastrous tours of england and australia. A new captain would have given india a new start.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Sun Aug 19, 2012 2:05 pm

now they bring Badri back again, am sure will dump him after a test or two like they've done in the past. Don't quite understand Indian cricketing body's mindset.

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sun Aug 19, 2012 2:10 pm

truthbetold wrote:http://www.deccanchronicle.com/channels/sport/cricket/did-vvs-laxman-retire-hurt-529

This article in DC contains spe ulation that one of thesele tors may have called lax to tell him that this could be his farewell series. Lax was training hard for 4 months. His wife also expressed surprise at his decision.
Then dhoni does his act of being incommunicado. In this age technology that is an indicator. Lax probably did not like the atmosphere. Gentleman laxman walked off i to future of serenity.
I am not saying in anger. But dhoni should be dismissed as captain after the disastrous tours of england and australia. A new captain would have given india a new start.

as VVSL said "I tried to contact Dhoni. As you know he is hard to reach" with a smile.[b]

Do you see the real meaning behind the smile? perhaps that did it.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by nevada Sun Aug 19, 2012 3:02 pm

Well, whatever is done is done. Laxman has had a great career and I hope he looks back and cherishes the wonderful times he had in cricket and not feel too bad about recent events. Even off the field he has shown that he is a classy individual who puts team interests above self interests.

nevada

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Sun Aug 19, 2012 8:41 pm

nevada wrote:Well, whatever is done is done. Laxman has had a great career and I hope he looks back and cherishes the wonderful times he had in cricket and not feel too bad about recent events. Even off the field he has shown that he is a classy individual who puts team interests above self interests.

The following is very true, even Dravid dropped him from a couple of test matches to accommodate Yuvi/5th bowler, he was rarely sure of his place.

"For someone who played 134 Tests, Laxman, amazingly was
never in the running for the captaincy; he was never in a World Cup
squad; in his early years he wasn’t even a certainty in the team. That a
batsman of such obvious class was often challenged by lesser men and
one-Test wonders for a place in the squad
was testimony to the
short-sightedness of the selectors. Perhaps they equated effortlessness
with lack of effort."

http://blogs.espncricinfo.com/surfer/archives/2012/08/vvs_laxman_the.php

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down