Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

men in power

+4
Idéfix
Propagandhi711
Marathadi-Saamiyaar
Maria S
8 posters

Go down

men in power Empty men in power

Post by Guest Tue Sep 11, 2012 8:15 am

what is so goddamn attractive about them?

Back to top Go down

men in power Empty Re: men in power

Post by Maria S Tue Sep 11, 2012 8:19 am

What about women in - with power?
Maria S
Maria S

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 11, 2012 8:25 am

I can get a girl crush on them maybe... but men in power, totally omg sometimes.

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria S Tue Sep 11, 2012 8:42 am

No wonder so many women like Fifty Shades of Grey! The perceptions of male power and domination- on so many levels (!) is terribly attractive to many women, and different from how women in power are seen.

I was just curious..certainly understand what you meant.
Maria S
Maria S

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 11, 2012 8:49 am

lol, I think it's high time I go read that book.

I meant more on a personal level too. A regular man says you something, you go, 'uh ok', stay away you creep. But if a slightly more important and busy man (doesn't even have to be a big political leader), says the same thing, you go, 'oh really?' omg omg omg.

edit: as long as you are not working for them. that would be scary, for me.

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria S Tue Sep 11, 2012 10:12 am

May this busy man read this important and busy article (or similar articles from "man experts") and knows what he should do!

http://ezinearticles.com/?The-Secret-Behind-Power-Attraction-in-Men---Always-Be-Busy&id=167990

I read as much as I could (which is not much!) of FSOG..have heard enough from women who swooned over it..to each her own:)

And of course there are many theories- biological and cultural why we feel the way we do.

When it comes to Male Bosses-leaders, they do have some unspoken advantages, for women- no matter what the title says..(most women) respect, credibility and that "aura of power" has to be earned. Interestingly, it is harder to earn that from women, than men..but, once we do respect women bosses/leaders- women are no different are quite loyal and extremely good in working as a team.

Maria S
Maria S

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 11, 2012 10:29 am

good link, M.

I have always got along well with women in power and women bosses. When I am at work, I turn into a totally asexual human being. Don't care for gender at all. Maybe that's why I never get promoted. hmm... *thoughtful reconsideration. gotta dress slutty in next job*

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 11, 2012 11:13 am

I read an article, i think in rediff, abt the qualities that women are attracted to in a man. I r'ber 'power' being the top most quality that women are attracted to. The next one is sense of humor. Voice is another one. I'm not sure if money is in the list. I think it is. Proper grammar and english language skills also made it to the list. Something that someone can cheer abt here, i guess.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 11, 2012 11:17 am

turn ons when i was a young man, in an order of preference:

women advocates/lawyers (seen many and attractive ones too)
women secretaries to corporate bigwigs -- super busy types (they are obviously pretty)
women travel agents -- should be desk & telephone job (they are obviously pretty)
women in education (schools/colleges)
women in corporate
women in NGOS & media

turn offs:

women doctors & nurses
women in civil service
women in airlines and aviation (except air india -- nostalgia factor)
women soliciting in asset management companies, insurance, door to door salewomen blah blah blah

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 11, 2012 11:45 am

hmm, no wonder u been neutral to me, HK Razz I belong in neither category.

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Tue Sep 11, 2012 11:48 am

kinnera wrote:I read an article, i think in rediff, abt the qualities that women are attracted to in a man. I r'ber 'power' being the top most quality that women are attracted to. The next one is sense of humor. Voice is another one. I'm not sure if money is in the list. I think it is. Proper grammar and english language skills also made it to the list. Something that someone can cheer abt here, i guess.

Sh*t.... I thought I almost got it all.... and then you mentioned this.

Guess... there is little chance for me to become a Romeo.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 11, 2012 12:05 pm

Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote:
kinnera wrote:I read an article, i think in rediff, abt the qualities that women are attracted to in a man. I r'ber 'power' being the top most quality that women are attracted to. The next one is sense of humor. Voice is another one. I'm not sure if money is in the list. I think it is. Proper grammar and english language skills also made it to the list. Something that someone can cheer abt here, i guess.

Sh*t.... I thought I almost got it all.... and then you mentioned this.

Guess... there is little chance for me to become a Romeo.

Don't worry, Saami. Your 'know-all abt e'thing' quality will compensate for the lack of the other Razz

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Tue Sep 11, 2012 12:08 pm

as always the answer lies in the animal kingdom. I've done several studies on this and noticed that when facing a dominant male dog, the female dog will roll over on it's back and spread it's legs so it's genitals are on display, with a obedient expression on it's face. same theory can be extrapolated to human mammals. female of the species is also ready to put it's legs behind it's ears at the sight of a dominant man (read: men in power). so there. rich men, men in power, men on TV etc make most women ready to put their legs behind their ears.

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Tue Sep 11, 2012 12:11 pm

Maria S wrote:What about women in - with power?

women need to be pretty and sexually attractive. power doesnt do anything for men. usually powerful women look like bulldogs/battleaxes. no go

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 11, 2012 12:32 pm

Propagandhi711 wrote:as always the answer lies in the animal kingdom. I've done several studies on this and noticed that when facing a dominant male dog, the female dog will roll over on it's back and spread it's legs so it's genitals are on display, with a obedient expression on it's face. same theory can be extrapolated to human mammals. female of the species is also ready to put it's legs behind it's ears at the sight of a dominant man (read: men in power). so there. rich men, men in power, men on TV etc make most women ready to put their legs behind their ears.

didn't answer the WHY part of the question.

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Tue Sep 11, 2012 12:35 pm

Natalia Romanova wrote:
Propagandhi711 wrote:as always the answer lies in the animal kingdom. I've done several studies on this and noticed that when facing a dominant male dog, the female dog will roll over on it's back and spread it's legs so it's genitals are on display, with a obedient expression on it's face. same theory can be extrapolated to human mammals. female of the species is also ready to put it's legs behind it's ears at the sight of a dominant man (read: men in power). so there. rich men, men in power, men on TV etc make most women ready to put their legs behind their ears.

Oh.... another thing 711 forgot to mention.

Men don't like women who ask "why, what, when, how, why now, etc..etc..."

we prefer to come straight to the bottom of the subject matter - be it men in power or out of power.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 11, 2012 12:39 pm

Natalia Romanova wrote:hmm, no wonder u been neutral to me, HK Razz I belong in neither category.
i'm no longer a "young man." my tastes and priorities have changed. so don't you jump to conclusions. Razz

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 11, 2012 12:46 pm

Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote:
Natalia Romanova wrote:

Oh.... another thing 711 forgot to mention.

Men don't like women who ask "why, what, when, how, why now, etc..etc..."

we prefer to come straight to the bottom of the subject matter - be it men in power or out of power.

str8 to the bottom? that's a major no-no Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 11, 2012 12:48 pm

Huzefa Kapasi wrote:

turn offs:

women doctors & nurses
women in civil service
women in airlines and aviation (except air india -- nostalgia factor)
women soliciting in asset management companies, insurance, door to door salewomen blah blah blah

I thought men were attracted to air hostesses. That was considered a glamorous job, at least back in the day.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 11, 2012 12:59 pm

kinnera wrote:I thought men were attracted to air hostesses. That was considered a glamorous job, at least back in the day.
they were. but indian airlines quickly brought us back to reality. but frankly, even today i am not attracted to air hostesses -- maybe the skimpy dress, maybe the age difference or maybe the profession.

Last edited by Huzefa Kapasi on Tue Sep 11, 2012 1:01 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria S Tue Sep 11, 2012 1:01 pm

Tracy,

Being asexual is ideal/good in the workplace, but in reality "gender" is always an issue..communication-how we react to people, and how they respond to us..is different. The same with age too- a "certain awareness" am quite formal at work..17 or 71, I always refer to people by their last name with Mr/Ms/Dr etc..when you have work with/manage people much older than you/with great experience..it's a different kind of respect than one extends to a much younger person. I am not sure if dressing slutty (I know you said that for humor) really helps a lot..to further one's career..being neat and good attitude goes a long way!

HK,

Interesting list:) Hmm..so health care professionals turn you off..not even the cute ones who help you to relax and feel comfortable?! Kidding, to each his own!

*Read this passage posted in the Fb page of a friend, who is reading the book "South of the Border, West of the Sun" by Haruki Murakami. I have not read any of his writings..but, got my attention..think you may like them too..

"With a very few exceptions, your typical beautiful women don’t turn me on.
I was always attracted not by some quantifiable, external beauty, but by something deep down, something absolute. Just as some people have a secret love for rainstorms, earthquakes, or blackouts, I liked that certain undefinable something directed my way by members of the opposite sex. For want of a better word, call it magnetism. Like it or not, it’s a kind of power that snares people and reels them in."

DUT,

"Real" as always..pretty and sexually attractive certainly are a big factor for most men. In the workplace..too pretty and sexually attractive is often seen as "she got the job because of it" among men, that and jealousy among women..muting that with a pleasant attitude would be good. I am not sure about bulldogs and battle axes (!)..think that has changed/changing..

Last edited by Maria S on Tue Sep 11, 2012 1:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Maria S
Maria S

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Tue Sep 11, 2012 1:04 pm

Huzefa Kapasi wrote:
kinnera wrote:I thought men were attracted to air hostesses. That was considered a glamorous job, at least back in the day.
they were. but indian airlines quickly brought us back to reality. but frankly, even today i am not attracted to air hostesses -- maybe the skimpy dress, maybe the age difference or maybe the profession.
Haha. No matter how they look, flight attendants on most airlines in India are usually courteous and nice to passengers. You have to see the flight attendants on some of the discount US airlines to understand what bad looks like.
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Tue Sep 11, 2012 1:24 pm

panini press wrote:
Huzefa Kapasi wrote:
Haha. No matter how they look, flight attendants on most airlines in India are usually courteous and nice to passengers. You have to see the flight attendants on some of the discount US airlines to understand what bad looks like.

I agree.... more or less most desi airlines - including Air-India (or whatever it is called today) - have good looking airplane servants. Despite all the negative comments, I have found them to be cordial - and it is the passengers who bring the worst in them.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Tue Sep 11, 2012 1:58 pm

Natalia Romanova wrote:

same reason as dogs, per my research. you want to know why dogs do that, best talk to a dog whisperer/psychologist

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by Impedimenta Tue Sep 11, 2012 2:21 pm

panini press wrote:
Huzefa Kapasi wrote:

PP/HK

Totally agree. Its been a long time since i saw an attractive air hostess on a domestic US carrier. Some of the attractive ones service business class like the one we had last week. the last attractive attendant i saw was on jet airways. she was drop dead gorgeous! thank god hubz slept through the entire flight.

BTW, i need a clone of Sheldon cooper ASAP. well, him or RDJ. no? fine.

Impedimenta

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Tue Sep 11, 2012 2:46 pm

Impedimenta wrote:

PP/HK

Totally agree. Its been a long time since i saw an attractive air hostess on a domestic US carrier. Some of the attractive ones service business class like the one we had last week. the last attractive attendant i saw was on jet airways. she was drop dead gorgeous! thank god hubz slept through the entire flight.

That is only way POKCTAPs travel.
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by b_A Tue Sep 11, 2012 9:53 pm

Hellsangel wrote:
Impedimenta wrote:

PP/HK

That is only way POKCTAPs travel.

Pardon my ignorance. What is a POKCTAP?

b_A

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 11, 2012 10:50 pm

b_A wrote:Pardon my ignorance. What is a POKCTAP?
rock star in russian.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 12, 2012 9:46 am

Maria S wrote:"With a very few exceptions, your typical beautiful women don’t turn me on.
I was always attracted not by some quantifiable, external beauty, but by something deep down, something absolute. Just as some people have a secret love for rainstorms, earthquakes, or blackouts, I liked that certain undefinable something directed my way by members of the opposite sex. For want of a better word, call it magnetism. Like it or not, it’s a kind of power that snares people and reels them in."

LOL! he stole my lines. thief! thief! Razz

let me now go google haruki murakami before i submerge myself in ashoka again.

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria S Wed Sep 12, 2012 9:49 am

Very Happy

Mr. HK,

He surely sounded a little like you!
Maria S
Maria S

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 12, 2012 9:51 am

The Guardian praised Murakami as "among the world's greatest living novelists" for his works and achievements.[3]
...and i have never heard of him! must read his fiction for his "alienation and surreal" style. thanks for the pointer maria!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 12, 2012 9:53 am

Maria S wrote:
Very Happy

Mr. HK,

He surely sounded a little like you!
lol.

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria S Wed Sep 12, 2012 9:54 am

You are welcome HK!

I got the pointer in the Fb page of a blogger who is a fantastic writer herself! Plan to look into his books when I can.
Maria S
Maria S

Back to top Go down

Post by doofus_maximus Thu Sep 13, 2012 4:03 pm

Fifty Shades of Grey: When women read/swoon/extol porn it becomes mainstream and becomes a bestseller. Man can't watch porn on the interwebs without being labeled a pervert. Double standards I say.
doofus_maximus
doofus_maximus

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down