Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

tribute to bharathi - nellai kaNNan

2 posters

Go down

tribute to bharathi - nellai kaNNan Empty tribute to bharathi - nellai kaNNan

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Sat Sep 15, 2012 3:48 pm

part 1: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C7SrMEoyO-U&feature=relmfu

rest of the video links on youtube.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

tribute to bharathi - nellai kaNNan Empty Re: tribute to bharathi - nellai kaNNan

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sat Sep 15, 2012 4:05 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:part 1: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C7SrMEoyO-U&feature=relmfu

rest of the video links on youtube.

I want to announce that 2 people will be posting their responses soon.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

tribute to bharathi - nellai kaNNan Empty Re: tribute to bharathi - nellai kaNNan

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Sat Sep 15, 2012 4:24 pm

it's a wide ranging exposition of the man and his poetry, but one thing he says about bharathi that i have myself imagined is that bharathi was often just one step away from being classified as certifiably loony; and i say this with the deepest of affection for the poet. he had to be, to have written the kind of passionate poetry he wrote -- laden with angry political protest, sometimes erotic, sometimes revolutionary, sometimes laceratingly satirical, and sometimes deeply spiritual with a child-like marvel for nature.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Sat Sep 15, 2012 4:28 pm

glad to see an event held just to discuss his poetry in a place where he is largely a forgotten eccentric.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down