Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

is sandy hyped too much?

3 posters

Go down

is sandy hyped too much? Empty is sandy hyped too much?

Post by truthbetold Sat Nov 03, 2012 8:04 pm

What they did not get right is the storm size, impact area, the mixing of midwest weather patterns with east coast storm.
sandy proved too be devastating storm on coastal areas because of combination of storm surge on a full moon day/night. Most of the damage was from sea water entering coastal residences. Huge long term damage was inflicted on subway and other infrastructure.
Sandy caused about 90 deaths and an estimated $50 billion dollar damage.
millions of people will suffer for few more days and weeks from post sandy problems.
overall the residents of ny, nj, de, wv, pa, va, and ct feel this was a.historic storm. Preparations were appropriate. Storm hype helped prepare most people.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

is sandy hyped too much? Empty Re: is sandy hyped too much?

Post by confuzzled dude Sat Nov 03, 2012 9:25 pm

I think it is the location it made landfall, not the area it spread over, caused the most damage, don't even want to imagine what a category 3 would do to the New York city/mid-atlantic region. It is an overhype excluding NJ & NY.

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Sat Nov 03, 2012 9:27 pm

mucho how is the test series shaping up?
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Sat Nov 03, 2012 9:46 pm

Haven't followed cricket in a while, but given how green behind the ears our team is, I don't have much expectations, I'm thinking we will lose this one at home unless Yuvi resurrects his career plays super allrounder (which I highly doubt).

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Sun Nov 04, 2012 8:04 am

Mucho,
location of landfall is certainly the reason for $50 billion estimated loss. A 50 mile northward shift would have caused misery in southern new england. It was a necessary preparation fornmost of northeast. Rest of the country did not pay attention until after the storm.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down