Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

sandy insurance

Go down

sandy insurance Empty sandy insurance

Post by Guest Sat Jan 05, 2013 7:27 pm

As you know, so many trees had fallen in our yards during Sandy. We thought maybe the home insurance won't cover it, coz the dwelling wasn't damaged. But I hoped that maybe they will factor in the little damage to the fence now. Also the future potential damage to it if the still dangling trees fall down later.

So I called them and filed the claim anyway. They said if I am getting the work done, then to keep the pictures and receipts ready. But we didn't get anything done immediately as we heard of all the scams going on. Two-three weeks later their claim adjustor called and then came and took the pics one day. We didn't need to be present there. A couple of weeks later, we got a mail from them that we can get up to $1500 (approximately).

Then we got the work done by our landscaper, which costed $2500 in all. So now, we were thinking of sending the receipts, etc to the insurance people to finally claim.

Turns out we didn't need to. Got the check in the mail y'day. Full money.

Nice people. Good country. For many many reasons.

Back to top Go down

sandy insurance Empty Re: sandy insurance

Post by Kris Sat Jan 05, 2013 7:46 pm

Vidya Bagchi wrote:As you know, so many trees had fallen in our yards during Sandy. We thought maybe the home insurance won't cover it, coz the dwelling wasn't damaged. But I hoped that maybe they will factor in the little damage to the fence now. Also the future potential damage to it if the still dangling trees fall down later.

So I called them and filed the claim anyway. They said if I am getting the work done, then to keep the pictures and receipts ready. But we didn't get anything done immediately as we heard of all the scams going on. Two-three weeks later their claim adjustor called and then came and took the pics one day. We didn't need to be present there. A couple of weeks later, we got a mail from them that we can get up to $1500 (approximately).

Then we got the work done by our landscaper, which costed $2500 in all. So now, we were thinking of sending the receipts, etc to the insurance people to finally claim.

Turns out we didn't need to. Got the check in the mail y'day. Full money.

Nice people. Good country. For many many reasons.

>>> Hey, that is good news.

Kris

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 05, 2013 7:48 pm

Congrats! Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down