Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Which is the best religion and which is the worst ??

+6
FluteHolder
Maria S
pravalika nanda
MaxEntropy_Man
Idéfix
ashdoc
10 posters

Go down

Which is the best religion and which is the worst ?? Empty Which is the best religion and which is the worst ??

Post by ashdoc Tue Nov 13, 2012 8:28 pm

Let me clarify that I am classifying on basis of lifestyle---not holy books or fundamentals of religion .

I think Christianity is the best religion . You can party , disco ,eat ,drink , make merry . Your wife can wear sexy clothes banned in other religions . Lots of fun and drinking . I wish I was a Christian Smile Verdict---terrific .

Worst religion is Islam . Your wife is forced to wear the terrible burkha thats makes even breathing difficult . Your son will most likely become a hate spewing fundamentalist . one out of ten chance of him even becoming a suicide bomber . All crazy religious rules and restrictions that make life difficult . Verdict---horrible .

Hinduism is somewhere in the middle . Your wife cant wear sexy clothes but she is not forced under the veil . Religious rules and restrictions do make life difficult but not as much as in islam . But caste and casteism is worst feature . Verdict---just about okay .

Parsis are a progressive community . Women can wear sexy clothes . Are highly educated . Good looking . But many of these parsi bawas are mad due to the stupid custom of marriage between cousins . Anyway numbers are dwindling and may die out . Verdict---good but likely to die out .

Sikhism ----Religion of the brave . Suffice to say that it is sikhism that has protected that kept that part of Punjab that India has retained , other wise it would have all been Islam and Pakistan . But to maintain the long hair is a chore . Verdict---okay .

Jainism---Rich people with real moolah in their hands---but cant protect it . Their absolute vegetarianism has made them unable to fight and therefore they rely on the tolerance of hinduism to survive . Verdict---decent .

I dont know much about Confucianism , Shinto , buddhism or Judaism .

Do tell your opinion and please be politically incorrect .

ashdoc

Back to top Go down

Which is the best religion and which is the worst ?? Empty Re: Which is the best religion and which is the worst ??

Post by Idéfix Tue Nov 13, 2012 8:34 pm

Whatever religion you subscribe to ain't that great.

PS: It doesn't seem to be Hinduism, or for that matter, any religion I know.
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Which is the best religion and which is the worst ?? Empty Re: Which is the best religion and which is the worst ??

Post by Guest Tue Nov 13, 2012 8:39 pm

on this forum, atheism has solid favor.

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Tue Nov 13, 2012 8:41 pm

ashdoc wrote:Let me clarify that I am classifying on basis of lifestyle---not holy books or fundamentals of religion .

I think Christianity is the best religion . You can party , disco ,eat ,drink , make merry . Your wife can wear sexy clothes banned in other religions . Lots of fun and drinking . I wish I was a Christian Smile Verdict---terrific .

Worst religion is Islam . Your wife is forced to wear the terrible burkha thats makes even breathing difficult . Your son will most likely become a hate spewing fundamentalist . one out of ten chance of him even becoming a suicide bomber . All crazy religious rules and restrictions that make life difficult . Verdict---horrible .

Hinduism is somewhere in the middle . Your wife cant wear sexy clothes but she is not forced under the veil . Religious rules and restrictions do make life difficult but not as much as in islam . But caste and casteism is worst feature . Verdict---just about okay .

Parsis are a progressive community . Women can wear sexy clothes . Are highly educated . Good looking . But many of these parsi bawas are mad due to the stupid custom of marriage between cousins . Anyway numbers are dwindling and may die out . Verdict---good but likely to die out .

Sikhism ----Religion of the brave . Suffice to say that it is sikhism that has protected that kept that part of Punjab that India has retained , other wise it would have all been Islam and Pakistan . But to maintain the long hair is a chore . Verdict---okay .

Jainism---Rich people with real moolah in their hands---but cant protect it . Their absolute vegetarianism has made them unable to fight and therefore they rely on the tolerance of hinduism to survive . Verdict---decent .

i told you not to eat those tainted beef tongues.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by ashdoc Tue Nov 13, 2012 8:47 pm

Natalia Romanova wrote:on this forum, atheism has solid favor.

yeah , i am an atheist myself . but thats not religion---its being nonreligious . of course , i am hindu by cultural tradition but dont believe in god . for example we have ganpati idol installed in house during ganeshotsav but i go to sleep during the artis and poojas---am very reluctant to sit through them .

ashdoc

Back to top Go down

Post by pravalika nanda Tue Nov 13, 2012 9:28 pm

[quote="ashdoc"]Let me clarify that I am classifying on basis of lifestyle---not holy books or fundamentals of religion .

**Hindu women cannot wear "sexy" clothes? I've never had any religious rules or restrictions growing up. Caste and casteism are good, it's one way to get higher education and get married, one more box to check off on bharathmatrimony, but it's not so troublesome.

pravalika nanda

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria S Tue Nov 13, 2012 9:50 pm

ashdoc wrote:Let me clarify that I am classifying on basis of lifestyle---not holy books or fundamentals of religion .

God bless you child:)

No reason to feel that you missed out..When you wish upon a star..makes no difference..who you are (well, that's not Biblical, it's Disney Very Happy!)

Seriously, don't let appearances fool you..we have the range of lifestyles too as in other religions, it depends on the culture, community and most importantly "family".. conservative to liberal..very strict to quite trusting and allow/accept more freedom etc.

Since there are no Muslim women here, and I have had/have many friends..let me say, the range of lifestyles among their communities, culture and families vary just like I said above. If you only knew how much fun they have. Anyways, there is all kinds of synthesis which goes on in this forum..no Christian synthesis with anyone:(..we are are lumped and labeled in all kinds of boring and false stereotypes, not to mention silly name calling..it's quite refreshing to hear something nice even if it was about lifestyles and in the "name" of good humor.

Cheers;)!
Maria S
Maria S

Back to top Go down

Post by FluteHolder Wed Nov 14, 2012 12:30 am

>>>>
Since you said based on lifestyle, I am not going beyond this:)

According to Garuda Purana:
1.64.6 "A real wife is like a minister for the personal affairs of her husband, a friend in executing his tasks, in affectionate dealings she is like his mother and in his bed she is like a courtesan to him. Such a wife is auspicious.

FluteHolder

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlot Daruwala Wed Nov 14, 2012 8:34 am

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:

i told you not to eat those tainted beef tongues.

Bwahahaha
Merlot Daruwala
Merlot Daruwala

Back to top Go down

Post by southindian Wed Nov 14, 2012 9:30 am

You obviously haven't met Rush Limbaugh and other GOP nuts.
southindian
southindian

Back to top Go down

Post by Vakavaka Pakapaka Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:35 am

How come Carvakism, DKism and Indian secularism are not listed here?

Carvakas believe that "Newtonian" physics is the ultimate in describing the physical world. They are like iSlamists who believe that the 7th century camel culture is at the pinnacle of human civilization.

Indian secularists strongly believe in the caste system. When the caste system disappears, Hinduism may still survive but secular CONartists will become history.

Vakavaka Pakapaka

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlot Daruwala Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:42 am

Vakavaka Pakapaka wrote:How come Carvakism, DKism and Indian secularism are not listed here?

Vakavaka Unkil, you forgot pol-potism and hiranyakashipuism, the reigning religions of this board.
Merlot Daruwala
Merlot Daruwala

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandee2020 Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:57 am

:DThe best religion is one you create on your own: take a bit from all the religions and make the best of it. Celebrate Diwali, Christmas, Raksha Bhandan, observe TG.... and you will be happy.

Sandee2020

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Wed Nov 14, 2012 11:03 am

Vakavaka Pakapaka wrote:Carvakas believe that "Newtonian" physics is the ultimate in describing the physical world.
Guruvu-gaaru, you are at your best when you "describe" what others believe.
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlot Daruwala Wed Nov 14, 2012 11:08 am

Sandee2020 wrote::DThe best religion is one you create on your own: take a bit from all the religions and make the best of it. Celebrate Diwali, Christmas, Raksha Bhandan, observe TG.... and you will be happy.

Sounds like fakularism.
Merlot Daruwala
Merlot Daruwala

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Wed Nov 14, 2012 11:10 am

ashdoc: have you had your beef tongue today? a beef tongue a day keeps the weakness away.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by pravalika nanda Wed Nov 14, 2012 5:48 pm

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2012/nov/14/abortion-protesters-vigil-irish-embassy-london

**can die if a country decides to practice christianity.

pravalika nanda

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down