Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

the very first physics lecture you should listen to...

4 posters

Go down

the very first physics lecture you should listen to... Empty the very first physics lecture you should listen to...

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Thu Nov 22, 2012 2:44 pm

....if you're a middle or high school student just embarking on learning physics. wish i had listened to this a long time ago:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q6Gw08pwhws

just fantastic.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

the very first physics lecture you should listen to... Empty Re: the very first physics lecture you should listen to...

Post by aanjaneya Fri Nov 23, 2012 5:34 pm

Stunning clarity in his content and a deep style of delivery. In my experience, the best teachers are those that know their subject very deeply, and are effortlessly able to transport a willing student from the surface to the depths without the student even realizing it.
Will keep tuning into his lectures as and when time permits.
Thanks for sharing!

aanjaneya

Back to top Go down

the very first physics lecture you should listen to... Empty Re: the very first physics lecture you should listen to...

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Sat Nov 24, 2012 10:50 am

aanjaneya -- glad you enjoyed it. he has an entire course on QM, the bulk of which i have watched and made notes of when i was desperately looking for a low cost (in terms of time) brushing up of QM. he also has this series on classical physics which i am just beginning to watch. he's just fabulous. i just wish i had encountered him as a teacher earlier in life. i'm a huge fan.

leonard susskind at stanford has a series on similar subject matter, but i prefer prof balky's rigor to susskind's interesting but often hand waving presentation.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Impedimenta Sat Nov 24, 2012 10:57 am

thanks max. wow, never thought someone could make physics so interesting.

Impedimenta

Back to top Go down

Post by rawemotions Sun Nov 25, 2012 9:40 pm

Thanks for sharing this. I had seen lectures by Dr Walter Lewin, on Magnetism, and they were good. I was amazed by the pains, he takes to clarify basic concepts.

rawemotions

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down