Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

maria ji

+7
Idéfix
bw
doofus_maximus
Rekz
Jeremiah Mburuburu
Maria S
Propagandhi711
11 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

maria ji Empty maria ji

Post by Propagandhi711 Tue Dec 18, 2012 12:51 am

missingu?

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

maria ji Empty Re: maria ji

Post by Guest Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:04 am

that is strange for i had thought she had decamped but she is posting in old ch. maybe it's the grief of sara boji's parting.

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria S Tue Dec 18, 2012 8:49 am

DUT Garu,

Is "missingu" simply a grand search Alertu..well, let me take it as a more endearing and stylish (!) e-way of abbreviating missing-you:)

In any case..it's nice to see at least one soul here who cared enough to wonder, and courageous enough to say it aloud..I appreciate it and missed you too!

Seriously, have been busy.

Hope you are doing well, always good to see you flower.

take care.
Maria S
Maria S

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria S Tue Dec 18, 2012 10:05 am

HK,

In the time you posted about my strangeness..a simple "miss her too" would have been nicer! Think, my sailings in the Sulekha Rivr were/are very short and rare:) There are lots of rivers and seas in this Universe friend..where there are friendly voices:) And I only grieve for the end of real friendships and passings which are real (!) not transformations into rishis and monks who have moved on to a different zone!

Hope you are doing well.

take care.
Maria S
Maria S

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Dec 18, 2012 10:27 am

You hate us Maria? Or maybe we are not interesting enough. Ya I been told I am
Godawful boring. So ya. Not so surprising.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Dec 18, 2012 10:30 am

Maria S wrote:HK,

In the time you posted about my strangeness..a simple "miss her too" would have been nicer!
i would have done that mariO but there are many smart asses on this forum who would have been quick to opine that i am in e-love with you. i have my own e-stressors in e-life and have stopped expressing e-adulation in e-public (except for vee). eeeeeee!

in fact i had composed a totally different response but just before clicking post i decided to check you on sulekha rivr and changed my response. i had composed something on the lines that i too noticed your absence and wondered if you did not love (make that e-love) us anymore! i had also wondered if you were perhaps vacationing in india!

Think, my sailings in the Sulekha Rivr were/are very short and rare:) There are lots of rivers and seas in this Universe friend..where there are friendly voices:) And I only grieve for the end of real friendships and passings which are real (!) not transformations into rishis and monks who have moved on to a different zone!

Hope you are doing well.

take care.
i am doing well in fact and better than before. by the way rivr is totally uff -- i can't make head or tail of it. in any case, i have stopped posting in discussion boards -- no joy. i play a few games and chat up people. in one game today, i was chatting with this pakistani girl and she pointed me to her fb page and i had a big laugh reading the comments below her profile pic (hindi content):

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=173947042745405&set=pb.100003903318911.-2207520000.1355830729&type=3&theater

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Dec 18, 2012 10:41 am

I am jealous from her bad pic too. Wonder how much jealous I will be from her good picture!

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremiah Mburuburu Tue Dec 18, 2012 10:48 am

Huzefa Kapasi wrote:

In the time you posted about my strangeness..a simple "miss her too" would have been nicer!
i would have done that mariO but there are many smart asses on this forum who would have been quick to opine that i am in e-love with you. i have my own e-stressors in e-life and have stopped expressing e-adulation in e-public (except for vee). eeeeeee!
i marvel at all the creativity that went into the prefixing of so many words with an 'e'. as? (age and sex as in asl? forget the location; we're sure that it's northindia.)

Jeremiah Mburuburu

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremiah Mburuburu Tue Dec 18, 2012 10:53 am

Natalia Romanova wrote:I am jealous from her bad pic too. Wonder how much jealous I will be from her good picture!
what does all that mean? a suggestion: write in hindi.

Jeremiah Mburuburu

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Dec 18, 2012 11:19 am

JM ji,

Kripaya pehle padiye phir likhiye.

Dhanyawaad!

PS: I knew one day I will have southindians begging me to talk to them in hindi, lol. Twisted Evil

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Dec 18, 2012 11:19 am

Jeremiah Mburuburu wrote:i marvel at all the creativity that went into the prefixing of so many words with an 'e'.
here's something i saw yesterday that made me smile (i may not be creative but i can recognize extremely brilliant creativity):

maria ji 530292_480319358677612_974484729_n

my older forwarded this song to me today:

what crap kids listen to these days. i replied saying it is lovely.

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria S Tue Dec 18, 2012 12:18 pm

Natalia Romanova wrote:You hate us Maria? Or maybe we are not interesting enough. Ya I been told I am
Godawful boring. So ya. Not so surprising.

That's it big storyteller Tracy? Not surprised and that's the end of it..I see:) No, I have never found you boring lady! For some reason..where is Maria sounds better than - you hate us Maria?

No hate..most topics discussed here lately, when I come by from time to time are uninteresting (to me). And while no ceremonious validation is necessary.."mutual interest/affection/respect" is always a good reason for anyone to visit any site or any place in the real world!

Hope all is well with you..do you get a holiday break?

take care.
Maria S
Maria S

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Dec 18, 2012 12:28 pm

Maria S wrote:most topics discussed here lately, when I come by from time to time are uninteresting (to me).
actually same here. rather, make that "worse" for the remaining topics interesting to you are lethally boring to me -- american politics and culture. Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria S Tue Dec 18, 2012 12:43 pm

HK!

Smart e-donkeys aside..Only in this special forum are the "normal" I e-love yous, e-miss yous and e-care about yous are made to seem like some monumental effort and something weird! Speaking of weird.. "Princess Fizzah"...really? You seem to know how to pick them..don't you:)

Ok..seriously, good to know that you are trying to take better care of yourself, managing the e-stressors and minimizing e-triggers. Hope you continue to feel good.

take care.
Maria S
Maria S

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:02 pm

Maria S wrote:Speaking of weird.. "Princess Fizzah"...really? You seem to know how to pick them..don't you:)
rofl rofl

Back to top Go down

Post by Rekz Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:13 pm

Checked out the rivr sulekha....looks good
Maria- How are u? TS still posting on rivr? was not able to locate him.
Rekz
Rekz

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria S Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:28 pm

Hello Rekz!

Nice to cross paths after a long time. Had some extra time today and came by! Have only been to the Rivr occasionally and have not seen Mr. TS around.

I am doing fine, thanks for asking and hope you are too. Getting ready for the holiday break..and catch up with people and things:) Not sure if you watch tamil movies..want to see "Kadal" and "Neerparavai"..was listening to this simple and lovely song from Kadal..

Nenjukkuley (Inside my heart)..

take care.

Last edited by Maria S on Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Maria S
Maria S

Back to top Go down

Post by doofus_maximus Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:29 pm

reksu and maria ...vanakkam.

listen to kumki songs.. they are good.

doofus_maximus
doofus_maximus

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria S Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:32 pm

Vanakkam Thiru. DM avargale!

Nalama? Nandri for the reco. Will do:)
Maria S
Maria S

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:42 pm

Rekz wrote:TS still posting on rivr? was not able to locate him.
good news: here you go: http://rivr.sulekha.com/truthseeker_1721972

bad news: he has stopped posting and is finally one with self.

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria S Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:54 pm

Huzefa Kapasi wrote:
Maria S wrote:most topics discussed here lately, when I come by from time to time are uninteresting (to me).
actually same here. rather, make that "worse" for the remaining topics interesting to you are lethally boring to me -- american politics and culture. Smile

Aha!

Frankly, while I am not lethally bored..I am kind of indifferent to a lot of things, which include American Politics and many of the happenings in "American culture", at this time..say the Serenity Prayer a lot about the "wisdom to know the difference between things we can change, and things we cannot change". It's more than enough to do- I can do!
Maria S
Maria S

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Dec 18, 2012 2:16 pm

Maria S wrote:Serenity Prayer a lot about the "wisdom to know the difference between things we can change, and things we cannot change".
that is the best prayer. i have quoted it often in old ch and i even had it printed and posted on a wall in my office room. thanks for reminding me of it -- i had forgotten about it -- and i will now use it frequently in another "mental heath" forum i am a moderator of.

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Tue Dec 18, 2012 2:31 pm

Huzefa Kapasi wrote:

in fact i had composed a totally different response but just before clicking post i decided to check you on sulekha rivr and changed my response. i had composed something on the lines that i too noticed your absence and wondered if you did not love (make that e-love) us anymore! i had also wondered if you were perhaps vacationing in india!

Think, my sailings in the Sulekha Rivr were/are very short and rare:) There are lots of rivers and seas in this Universe friend..where there are friendly voices:) And I only grieve for the end of real friendships and passings which are real (!) not transformations into rishis and monks who have moved on to a different zone!

Hope you are doing well.

take care.
i am doing well in fact and better than before. by the way rivr is totally uff -- i can't make head or tail of it. in any case, i have stopped posting in discussion boards -- no joy. i play a few games and chat up people. in one game today, i was chatting with this pakistani girl and she pointed me to her fb page and i had a big laugh reading the comments below her profile pic (hindi content):

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=173947042745405&set=pb.100003903318911.-2207520000.1355830729&type=3&theater

dear hk, have you gotten this internet person into e-murgi position yt?

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria S Tue Dec 18, 2012 4:34 pm

Huzefa Kapasi wrote:
Maria S wrote:Serenity Prayer a lot about the "wisdom to know the difference between things we can change, and things we cannot change".
that is the best prayer. i have quoted it often in old ch and i even had it printed and posted on a wall in my office room. thanks for reminding me of it -- i had forgotten about it -- and i will now use it frequently in another "mental heath" forum i am a moderator of.

You are welcome Moderator:) Hope it's helpful to others too.

I like it and keep a set of prayers, poems, and lines which are meaningful reminders to me..among them (am sure you know this one too):

Desiderata - by Max Ehrmann

Go placidly amid the noise and haste, and remember what peace there may be in silence.

As far as possible, without surrender, be on good terms with all persons. Speak your truth quietly and clearly; and listen to others, even to the dull and the ignorant, they too have their story. Avoid loud and aggressive persons, they are vexations to the spirit.

If you compare yourself with others, you may become vain and bitter; for always there will be greater and lesser persons than yourself. Enjoy your achievements as well as your plans. Keep interested in your own career, however humble; it is a real possession in the changing fortunes of time.

Exercise caution in your business affairs, for the world is full of trickery. But let this not blind you to what virtue there is; many persons strive for high ideals, and everywhere life is full of heroism. Be yourself. Especially, do not feign affection. Neither be cynical about love, for in the face of all aridity and disenchantment it is perennial as the grass.

Take kindly to the counsel of the years, gracefully surrendering the things of youth. Nurture strength of spirit to shield you in sudden misfortune. But do not distress yourself with imaginings. Many fears are born of fatigue and loneliness.

Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself. You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars; you have a right to be here. And whether or not it is clear to you, no doubt the universe is unfolding as it should.

Therefore be at peace with God, whatever you conceive Him to be, and whatever your labors and aspirations, in the noisy confusion of life, keep peace in your soul.

With all its sham, drudgery and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world.

Be cheerful. Strive to be happy.
Maria S
Maria S

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Dec 19, 2012 12:06 am

no, i was not familiar with desidereta. thanks for posting this! i became acquainted with the serenity prayer through AA literature.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Dec 19, 2012 11:48 am

Maria S wrote:
Desiderata - by Max Ehrmann

Speak your truth quietly and clearly; and listen to others, even to the dull and the ignorant, they too have their story. Avoid loud and aggressive persons, they are vexations to the spirit.
this is very nice!

i just read the whole thing again. thanks again.

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria S Wed Dec 19, 2012 12:27 pm

Since you like Princesses and Queens (!) Queen Marriahh (for the moment) says - You are welcome again HK ji:)

Seriously, I read it when I am feeling down, and it is always uplifting to me.
Maria S
Maria S

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Dec 19, 2012 2:20 pm

am sure you have seen this by now

maria ji O-OBAMA-SPIDERMAN-570

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria S Wed Dec 19, 2012 6:47 pm

No, I have not seen this, thanks.

He is a good soul (I mean the older one in this pic). Take away all the layers of President, Parent, Lawyer etc, etc..he would still be exactly the same with anyone, anywhere-with the same compassion, kindness and humility (not to mention playfulness!) Truly one of a kind!
Maria S
Maria S

Back to top Go down

Post by bw Wed Dec 19, 2012 7:22 pm

Maria S wrote:No, I have not seen this, thanks.

He is a good soul (I mean the older one in this pic). Take away all the layers of President, Parent, Lawyer etc, etc..he would still be exactly the same with anyone, anywhere-with the same compassion, kindness and humility (not to mention playfulness!) Truly one of a kind!

have you known him for long? as in, interacted with him, had coffee with him?

bw

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria S Wed Dec 19, 2012 7:54 pm

It was nice to come by and see a few old friends again in this forum.

Until next time, take care.
Maria S
Maria S

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria S Fri Dec 21, 2012 8:45 pm

I don't know about others..think I have to say the Serenity prayer a few times today:)

So much bad news..insane news (thank you NRA) the Zimmermans of this world..who are trigger happy can apply for jobs and carry more guns and be placed in front for schools (I guess the school buses should have bus Marshalls etc) not to mention..create a "Mentally ill people registry"..well, I can see people "rushing" for Mental Health Care now..and putting their name up there, that's a nice incentive..just one problem..the Lanza guy took his sane Mom's "legally registered" guns..

And in the middle of all this..as we say in Tamil "romba mukyam" (very important)..falling fiscal cliff aside..the Republicans said their bye-byes and are gone home to see what Santa brought them..not to mention the President said his Aloha as he boarded to eat more Chistmas cookies and enjoy the beaches of Hawaii..

And then there is this news.."Look honey, I fired the cute lady I can't take my eyes off in my office- to save our marriage"..

Bosses can legally fire employees they see as an ‘irresistible attraction’: Iowa court.

http://news.nationalpost.com/2012/12/21/bosses-can-legally-fire-employees-they-see-as-an-irresistible-attraction-iowa-court/

America.. the beautiful indeed:D!
Maria S
Maria S

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Fri Dec 21, 2012 8:46 pm

I read that John Boehner read the Serenity Prayer yesterday after his Plan B fell apart.
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria S Fri Dec 21, 2012 8:50 pm

panini press wrote:I read that John Boehner read the Serenity Prayer yesterday after his Plan B fell apart.

LOL! Was he crying uncontrollably too..like he always does?

Men..what's happening to you all:)

Heaven help us all..
Maria S
Maria S

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Fri Dec 21, 2012 9:01 pm

"Near tears" was the description used... Smile

http://www.vanityfair.com/online/daily/2012/12/RIP-Plan-B-Boehner-Near-Tears-Recites-Serenity-Prayer-Following-Routine-Professional-Failure

"Nearly cried," as Politico says: http://dyn.politico.com/printstory.cfm?uuid=DF1EF715-953D-49B7-837A-DE199E5136B2
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Fri Dec 21, 2012 9:06 pm

Maria S wrote:
panini press wrote:I read that John Boehner read the Serenity Prayer yesterday after his Plan B fell apart.

LOL! Was he crying uncontrollably too..like he always does?

Men..what's happening to you all:)

Heaven help us all..

it's not all of us. just boehner. maybe he has some ancestral northindian genes.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria S Fri Dec 21, 2012 9:15 pm

I knew it, I knew it! He probably held himself together until he left the room..at first, I thought you were joking about the Serenity Prayer too:)

In all seriousness..did not think he was so fragile, and had better sense/leadership qualities - and some real "inner" toughness.

Hope you are doing well Carvaka. take care.
Maria S
Maria S

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Fri Dec 21, 2012 10:46 pm

Thanks Maria, I am doing well. Just moved into our new house and been busy with all sorts of unpacking and organizing chores.

In case I don't talk to you before next week: merry Christmas and a happy new year to you!
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Fri Dec 21, 2012 11:41 pm

Maria S wrote:I knew it, I knew it! He probably held himself together until he left the room..at first, I thought you were joking about the Serenity Prayer too:)

In all seriousness..did not think he was so fragile, and had better sense/leadership qualities - and some real "inner" toughness.

Good evening, Maria. As always, it is so nice to see canine traits during reindeer season.
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Fri Dec 21, 2012 11:48 pm

Hellsangel wrote:
Maria S wrote:I knew it, I knew it! He probably held himself together until he left the room..at first, I thought you were joking about the Serenity Prayer too:)

Good evening, Maria. As always, it is so nice to see canine traits during reindeer season.

hell-stew what does that mean?
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Fri Dec 21, 2012 11:52 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:
Il Professore, are you ready to make a bargain with the devil?
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Sat Dec 22, 2012 12:12 am

Hellsangel wrote:
MaxEntropy_Man wrote:

eh?
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Sat Dec 22, 2012 12:15 am

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:
Hellsangel wrote:
MaxEntropy_Man wrote:

eh?
I know you are a big fan of PGW, but the 'eh' sounds quite retarded, Il Professore
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Sat Dec 22, 2012 12:36 am

Hellsangel wrote:
MaxEntropy_Man wrote:
Hellsangel wrote:
MaxEntropy_Man wrote:

eh?
I know you are a big fan of PGW, but the 'eh' sounds quite retarded, Il Professore

the gratuitous rudeness is puzzling. got up on the wrong side of the bed?
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria S Sat Dec 22, 2012 9:37 am

panini press wrote:Thanks Maria, I am doing well. Just moved into our new house and been busy with all sorts of unpacking and organizing chores.

In case I don't talk to you before next week: merry Christmas and a happy new year to you!

Thank you very much for your kind wishes Carvaka!

Good to know that you have moved into your new house. Speaking for myself..moving is such a pain, among my least "like to do" things!

Wish you much joy in your new house..a happy holiday season and New Year santa!
Maria S
Maria S

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Sat Dec 22, 2012 7:52 pm

Maria,
Merry Christmas.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria S Sun Dec 23, 2012 10:12 am

Thanks TBT!

Appreciate your short and kind wishes:) Says and means a lot.

Season's greetings and Happy New Year!
Maria S
Maria S

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria S Mon Dec 24, 2012 1:12 pm

Yes, I did take the time to come by here (one of the places I stop by) in the middle of lots of stuff going on at home..to see if anyone else bothered enough to wish me you know what:)

Yes, I perfectly understand that this is not a Christian forum and I am/may be the only Christian here..but, how strange or (how revealing!) after years of interactions one would think that besides all the endless discussions: religion vs.religion or no religion, region vs. region, race vs. race, caste vs. caste (not so subtle at times!) past vs. present, gender vs. gender, Ivy leagues vs. whatever..analyzing the analyzers..two or three wishing words would have been nice!

Even the most unexpected (the silent of the silent) people in any forum who hardly say a word, year around- somehow found a way to utter the kind wishes, and I was not disappointed..Anyways..it's kind of sad (if I had only got into trashing someone..think there would be a lot more responses!)

It is what it is *sigh*..

Maria S
Maria S

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Mon Dec 24, 2012 1:21 pm

maria, merry christmas. this is one of my most favorite pieces of music. some people don't like the cynical overlay of the horrifying news stories over the song, but i do. i don't think of it as cynical, but that despite the murder and mayhem, a reassurance that there is hope for peace in the world. i find it incredibly moving, always have, though i am not a christian and in recent years have become not a believer.

MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria S Mon Dec 24, 2012 1:32 pm

Thank you Max..appreciate your kind wishes and the song.

Let's face it..we all our opinions, views, beliefs..I don't come here to change mine, and I don't think most don't, most of the time..like everyone I struggle with my faith when I am disillusioned with people and life itself..but, do bounce back and cling with hope..

I took the liberty of saying how I felt ("urimaiyodu", if you will) ..and glad you heard it:)
Will go back to my marathon preps (!).

Last edited by Maria S on Mon Dec 24, 2012 1:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Maria S
Maria S

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next