Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pune rape victim's husband to challenge Supreme Court ruling

Go down

Pune rape victim's husband to challenge Supreme Court ruling Empty Pune rape victim's husband to challenge Supreme Court ruling

Post by Guest Sun Jan 06, 2013 8:25 pm

PUNE: Devastated by the Supreme Court's judgement to commute a death sentence to life for 23-year-old Sandesh alias Sainath Kailas Abhang (23), the husband of the rape victim has decided to fight a legal battle till the convict gets death sentence. The convict had killed a 65-year-old woman and raped her pregnant 25-year-old daughter-in-law in the city in September 2007.

The husband told TOI on Sunday that while reducing Abhang's death sentence to life the Supreme Court had stated that it could not be called a rarest of rare case. "The convict Abhang had stabbed my aunt 21 times and killed her. He had raped my pregnant wife and also stabbed her 19 times. If the court did not find it rarest of rare, then what is the court's definition of the term rarest of rare," he asked.

He said that he was going to file a review petition against the decision of the Supreme Court. "I have fighting for justice for the past three to four years. I will fight the case till he gets a death sentence," he said.

The husband said that he had discussed the judgement with some senior lawyers. "All of them have said that capital punishment is the right punishment for the convict."

He also said that he has 90 days to file a review petition against the judgement. "I have met the chief minister and sought his help as the review petition can also be filed by the state," he said, adding, "I have also decided to file a separate review petition on my own."

The husband also said that after the high court's judgement, the convict Abhang had threatened him and his wife on the premises of the court. "He had threatened that he will kill me and my wife once he is released from jail. "He had also threatened us after the sessions court judgement in Pune in 2010."

He said that despite the threats he had fought the case till the Supreme Court. "I will fight till he gets death sentence," he added.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/city/pune/Pune-rape-victims-husband-to-challenge-SC-ruling/articleshow/17918452.cms

Back to top Go down

Pune rape victim's husband to challenge Supreme Court ruling Empty Re: Pune rape victim's husband to challenge Supreme Court ruling

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sun Jan 06, 2013 9:29 pm

Rashmun wrote:PUNE: Devastated by the Supreme Court's judgement to commute a death sentence to life for 23-year-old Sandesh alias Sainath Kailas Abhang (23), the husband of the rape victim has decided to fight a legal battle till the convict gets death sentence. The convict had killed a 65-year-old woman and raped her pregnant 25-year-old daughter-in-law in the city in September 2007.

The husband told TOI on Sunday that while reducing Abhang's death sentence to life the Supreme Court had stated that it could not be called a rarest of rare case. "The convict Abhang had stabbed my aunt 21 times and killed her. He had raped my pregnant wife and also stabbed her 19 times. If the court did not find it rarest of rare, then what is the court's definition of the term rarest of rare," he asked.

He said that he was going to file a review petition against the decision of the Supreme Court. "I have fighting for justice for the past three to four years. I will fight the case till he gets a death sentence," he said.

The husband said that he had discussed the judgement with some senior lawyers. "All of them have said that capital punishment is the right punishment for the convict."

He also said that he has 90 days to file a review petition against the judgement. "I have met the chief minister and sought his help as the review petition can also be filed by the state," he said, adding, "I have also decided to file a separate review petition on my own."

The husband also said that after the high court's judgement, the convict Abhang had threatened him and his wife on the premises of the court. "He had threatened that he will kill me and my wife once he is released from jail. "He had also threatened us after the sessions court judgement in Pune in 2010."

He said that despite the threats he had fought the case till the Supreme Court. "I will fight till he gets death sentence," he added.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/city/pune/Pune-rape-victims-husband-to-challenge-SC-ruling/articleshow/17918452.cms

Yep...this Abhang deserves a fast-track death sentence (FTDS). i think the husband is better off in arranging a lOrry accident to Abhang, and break both his legs and arms. I am sure that should be easier for him to arrange than file a review petition which will be thrown out after 8 more years. This guy and his wife wil lbe living in fear forever. This Abhang can arrange to take care of this poor couple just by sitting in jail.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down