Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Why is it...

3 posters

Go down

Why is it...  Empty Why is it...

Post by Idéfix Tue Jan 08, 2013 7:48 pm

... that people don't set up the greeting on their mobile phone voicemail? I called about half a dozen people at work today on their work mobile numbers. These numbers are listed in our corporate directory, so they are not some random personal phones. Most of them do not have a voicemail greeting or name announcement of any sort. I just get the standard carrier message that the person at 123-456-7890 is not available and to leave a message after the beep. Which always makes me want to double-check the number before leaving them a message, because the content of my message is not public information. It takes just a minute to set up your voicemail greeting. Is it now fashionable to not have a voicemail greeting? All the people I called were junior-level folks, so I wonder if this is the cool thing among today's twenty-somethings. I just think it comes across as a tad unprofessional.

Do you have a greeting set up for your mobile phone voicemail? If not, why not?

// End rant
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Why is it...  Empty Re: Why is it...

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Tue Jan 08, 2013 7:53 pm

panini press wrote:... that people don't set up the greeting on their mobile phone voicemail? I called about half a dozen people at work today on their work mobile numbers. These numbers are listed in our corporate directory, so they are not some random personal phones. Most of them do not have a voicemail greeting or name announcement of any sort. I just get the standard carrier message that the person at 123-456-7890 is not available and to leave a message after the beep. Which always makes me want to double-check the number before leaving them a message, because the content of my message is not public information. It takes just a minute to set up your voicemail greeting. Is it now fashionable to not have a voicemail greeting? All the people I called were junior-level folks, so I wonder if this is the cool thing among today's twenty-somethings. I just think it comes across as a tad unprofessional.

Do you have a greeting set up for your mobile phone voicemail? If not, why not?

// End rant

Mine simply says "just tell what the shyt you want now."

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Impedimenta Tue Jan 08, 2013 7:56 pm

TOO MUCH WORK! my BB from work does not have a voice mail set up. i will never set one up although i use it the most.

Impedimenta

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 08, 2013 8:00 pm

That reminds me, I think I still have the old voice mail greeting on my cell phone.

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Tue Jan 08, 2013 8:07 pm

Impedimenta wrote:TOO MUCH WORK! my BB from work does not have a voice mail set up. i will never set one up although i use it the most.
So many things wrong there... I will focus on the biggest. You still use BB!
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 08, 2013 8:11 pm

panini press wrote:
Impedimenta wrote:TOO MUCH WORK! my BB from work does not have a voice mail set up. i will never set one up although i use it the most.
So many things wrong there... I will focus on the biggest. You still use BB!

if its a free BB why not continue to use it?

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum