Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

illayaraja/bhagyaraj

+5
bw
Marathadi-Saamiyaar
Maria S
garam_kuta
Impedimenta
9 posters

Go down

illayaraja/bhagyaraj  Empty illayaraja/bhagyaraj

Post by Impedimenta Wed Jan 09, 2013 5:55 pm

bhargyaraj ruled the thamizh movie scene for a period with his humor and screen play! And illayaraja gave some of his best songs for him.

and

Also, who remembers this movie? OMG! some really rib tickling scenes.

Impedimenta

Back to top Go down

illayaraja/bhagyaraj  Empty Re: illayaraja/bhagyaraj

Post by garam_kuta Wed Jan 09, 2013 6:14 pm

Impedimenta wrote:bhargyaraj ruled the thamizh movie scene for a period with his humor and screen play! And illayaraja gave some of his best songs for him.

surely..very sophisticated humor and authentic songs from the master himself

https://such.forumotion.com/t9453-genius-ilayaraja-then-now

garam_kuta

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 09, 2013 7:14 pm

How abt this Bhagyaraj song? A bit similar to the one in Mrs. Bagchi thread. The major difference is that in that one, the guy didn't touch the girl much. Here it's out and out molestation of the poor resisting girl.

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria S Wed Jan 09, 2013 7:47 pm

Nice songs Impedimenta!

Have not seen some before!

Bhagyaraj's comedy scenes in "Mundhanai Mudichu" and "Pudhiya Varpugal" were quite funny!
Maria S
Maria S

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria S Wed Jan 09, 2013 8:24 pm

Had to look up Mundhanai Mudichu...has been such a long time!

*Funny how that "I-Phone word" (with an "aal")..is used here for mistress- as they do in Tirunelveli and perhaps other places too...another BR-IR combo song..

The scenes with Bhagyaraj, insecure wife Urvasi and Deepa as the sexy coworker-teacher in the village are so funny too..until she makes him an hon. brother:)

Maria S
Maria S

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Wed Jan 09, 2013 8:45 pm

Impedimenta wrote:bhargyaraj ruled the thamizh movie scene for a period with his humor and screen play! And illayaraja gave some of his best songs for him.

He is one of my all-time favorites.. never miss his movie on TV.

Andha 7-Natkal is simply hilarious.

Then Suvarillatha Chithirangal - the first half is Super-O-comedy (the next half is boring tragedy, better to leave).

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by bw Wed Jan 09, 2013 9:58 pm

rashmun, you will appreciate this video.

bw

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 09, 2013 10:11 pm

bw wrote:

Thank you. I enjoyed watching it.

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Wed Jan 09, 2013 10:27 pm

Darling darling darling poornima jayaram led to their marriage. couple of nice songs in that movie too.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by bw Wed Jan 09, 2013 10:47 pm

Rashmun wrote:
bw wrote:

tamil boy has a hindi tutor come home Razz

bw

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 09, 2013 10:53 pm

bw wrote:
Rashmun wrote:
bw wrote:

Yes. You know one of the ambitions in my life is to learn tamil sufficiently enough to converse in it. When I was in Vellore I had picked up some tamil words and phrases (I went there on three or four occasions for 2-3 weeks) and a local Vellorian assured me that if I stayed in the city for three months continuously I would be knowing rudimentary conversational tamil.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 09, 2013 10:57 pm

With respect to the video I enjoyed watching the old guy keen to make our hero get on with his lessons while the old lady insists that no he needs to eat first. It reminded me of my childhood.

Back to top Go down

Post by bw Wed Jan 09, 2013 11:12 pm

Rashmun wrote:
bw wrote:
Rashmun wrote:
bw wrote:

Yes. You know one of the ambitions in my life is to learn tamil sufficiently enough to converse in it. When I was in Vellore I had picked up some tamil words and phrases (I went there on three or four occasions for 2-3 weeks) and a local Vellorian assured me that if I stayed in the city for three months continuously I would be knowing rudimentary conversational tamil.

why not find some tamilians in your neighbourhood and talk to them regularly only in tamil? you should pick it up soon enough. the key thing to pick up a language is to lose all inhibitions and not be afraid to make mistakes and keep chattering away in that tongue.

bw

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Wed Jan 09, 2013 11:48 pm

bw wrote:
Rashmun wrote:

why not find some tamilians in your neighbourhood and talk to them regularly only in tamil? you should pick it up soon enough. the key thing to pick up a language is to lose all inhibitions and not be afraid to make mistakes and keep chattering away in that tongue.

ALSO,

Not to force the Tamil tutor to learn and speak in Dhakhni wonly.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 10, 2013 7:00 am

bw wrote:
Rashmun wrote:
bw wrote:
Rashmun wrote:
bw wrote:

I will try. Thanks for the advice.

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Thu Jan 10, 2013 7:56 am

Rashmun wrote:

for years you have been spouting off on sulekha and here that tamilians and southern indians should learn hindi. had you displayed the same fervor in learning tamil, you'd be a fluent speaker by now. what's stopping you? stop giving excuses.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Rekz Thu Jan 10, 2013 8:20 am

Sweet pati...feel like eating laddu now
Rekz
Rekz

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 10, 2013 9:38 am

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:
Rashmun wrote:

for years you have been spouting off on sulekha and here that tamilians and southern indians should learn hindi. had you displayed the same fervor in learning tamil, you'd be a fluent speaker by now. what's stopping you? stop giving excuses.

My rationale is that we need a link language in India. English cannot be the link language because very few people in India (perhaps as few as 5%) know English. Many Tamilians in TN agree with my position as per several online articles which I have referred to in my posts.

Many tamil parents in TN are insisting that their children learn hindi in case they end up working outside TN in which case a knowledge of Hindi would be useful.

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:26 am

yeah yeah. you need a link language to communicate with the household help in m.iyengar's house. git boy. you don't need a tamil tutor. you have m.i.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:30 am

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:yeah yeah. you need a link language to communicate with the household help in m.iyengar's house. git boy. you don't need a tamil tutor. you have m.i.

on the contrary the reason for my wanting to learn tamil was to be able to say things like naan unnai kaadhalikireen and other such words with the proper intonation. i thought it would be a nice gesture.

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:32 am

Rashmun wrote:
MaxEntropy_Man wrote:yeah yeah. you need a link language to communicate with the household help in m.iyengar's house. git boy. you don't need a tamil tutor. you have m.i.

on the contrary the reason for my wanting to learn tamil was to be able to say things like naan unnai kaadhalikireen and other such words with the proper intonation. i thought it would be a nice gesture.

nobody says that. you'll be looked upon strangely.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:36 am

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:
Rashmun wrote:

nobody says that. you'll be looked upon strangely.

What words would you use (in tamil) when you wish to say naan unnai kaadhalikireen to someone.

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:39 am

innamma davadikkalama?
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:45 am

or if you want to be classy about it you might say: "sundari neeyum, sundaran nAnum sernthirundal thiruvoNam".
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:47 am

Thanks Max.

Back to top Go down

Post by Impedimenta Thu Jan 10, 2013 5:45 pm

LOL! max, Malini iyengar is going to come kick your you know what....

Impedimenta

Back to top Go down

Post by Impedimenta Thu Jan 10, 2013 5:46 pm

M akka, never liked mundhanai mudhichu for some reason. i think he career best was indru poi naalai vaa.

Impedimenta

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Thu Jan 10, 2013 6:02 pm

Impedimenta wrote:LOL! max, Malini iyengar is going to come kick your you know what....

His middle-parted head?
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 10, 2013 6:03 pm

Hellsangel wrote:
Impedimenta wrote:LOL! max, Malini iyengar is going to come kick your you know what....

His middle-parted head?

you sound frustrated.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down