Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Aboriginals are Indians??

+7
goodcitizn
Marathadi-Saamiyaar
Idéfix
FluteHolder
Rishi
Vakavaka Pakapaka
doofus_maximus
11 posters

Go down

Aboriginals are Indians?? Empty Aboriginals are Indians??

Post by doofus_maximus Tue Jan 15, 2013 12:02 pm

Ancient migration: Genes link Australia with India By Rebecca Morelle Science reporter, BBC World Service Researchers compared the DNA of Aboriginal Australians with Indians' genetic material Continue reading the main story Related Stories Hair unlocks Aboriginal origins Oz marsupials 'began in Americas' Ancient humans interbred with us Australia experienced a wave of migration from India about 4,000 years ago, a genetic study suggests. It was thought the continent had been largely isolated after the first humans arrived about 40,000 years ago until the Europeans moved in in the 1800s. But DNA from Aboriginal Australians revealed there had been some movement from India during this period. The researchers believe the Indian migrants may have introduced the dingo to Australia. In the Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, they say that the fossil record suggests the wild dogs arrived in Australia at around the same time. They also suggest that Indians may have brought ston
doofus_maximus
doofus_maximus

Back to top Go down

Aboriginals are Indians?? Empty Re: Aboriginals are Indians??

Post by Vakavaka Pakapaka Tue Jan 15, 2013 12:13 pm

This is not entirely a new discovery. Genetic analysis in the past has suggested similarities between some segments TN and the Australian aborigines.

Vakavaka Pakapaka

Back to top Go down

Post by Rishi Tue Jan 15, 2013 12:26 pm

Bottomline: Indians were hunted down and massacred by whites in Australia.

Rishi

Back to top Go down

Post by doofus_maximus Tue Jan 15, 2013 12:44 pm

Vakavaka Pakapaka wrote:This is not entirely a new discovery. Genetic analysis in the past has suggested similarities between some segments TN and the Australian aborigines.

seriously.. where did you get that info? Please link the source.

AFAIK this is one of the first study to show conclusively the link between Aboriginals and Indians..

doofus_maximus
doofus_maximus

Back to top Go down

Post by FluteHolder Tue Jan 15, 2013 1:02 pm

doofus_maximus wrote:
Vakavaka Pakapaka wrote:This is not entirely a new discovery. Genetic analysis in the past has suggested similarities between some segments TN and the Australian aborigines.

AFAIK this is one of the first study to show conclusively the link between Aboriginals and Indians..

I have read Australia was separated from TN Area/India probably thousands of years agooo when the land masses separated. My worry is that Rashmun will say Australians/Aboriginals should learn Hindi and GOI should open a prachar sabha there:)

FluteHolder

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Tue Jan 15, 2013 1:07 pm

The previously known connection was with the original colonization of Australia by our species. The first people who went there are genetically linked to the tribal people of southern India.

Last edited by panini press on Tue Jan 15, 2013 1:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Tue Jan 15, 2013 1:08 pm

FluteHolder wrote:
doofus_maximus wrote:

I have read Australia was separated from TN Area/India probably thousands of years agooo when the land masses separated. My worry is that Rashmun will say Australians/Aboriginals should learn Hindi and GOI should open a prachar sabha there:)

Any land connection was over 50 million years age. Humans were not around then.
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Tue Jan 15, 2013 1:12 pm

What surprises me about this newly discovered wave of migration is that they were not successful in bringing agriculture with them. Perhaps they landed in the north which is closest to India but very unsuited to agriculture. And by the time they reached the southeast their descendants lost their agricultural knowledge.
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Tue Jan 15, 2013 1:16 pm

Or perhaps they were nonagricultural stone age people who were fleeing the colonization of their homeland by agricultural peoples -- but the timeline may not support this hypothesis.
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by Vakavaka Pakapaka Tue Jan 15, 2013 2:46 pm

doofus_maximus wrote:

Here is one. There were other studies as well.

http://www.abc.net.au/science/articles/2009/07/24/2635149.htm

Vakavaka Pakapaka

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Tue Jan 15, 2013 2:49 pm

I remember reading about a Y-chromosome study as well which confirmed this coastal route hypothesis for the original colonization of Australia.
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Tue Jan 15, 2013 3:17 pm

Now I remember where I read about the Y-chromosome study linking tribal people in TN to Australian aborigines. It was Spencer Wells's The Journey of Man: http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0812971469/geneexpressio-20.
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Tue Jan 15, 2013 3:20 pm

FluteHolder wrote:
doofus_maximus wrote:

I see several positives here:

1. India should claim part (or most of) Australia.

2. Tamil Nadu should Claim most of australia - and appoint Kani Mozhi as the leader of DMK in the new Eastern Tamil Nadu.

3. All aborigines will be declared as SC/ST

4. Ban Hindi immediately in the new Eastern TN (Before Dhakni is forced upon our brothers).

5. There could be a strong connection between Vellupillai Pirabhakaran and the Aborigines - hair samples will prove, and Pirabhakaran was only using Aboriginal war techniques. This will absolve him of any kind of crime.

6. Andrew Symmonds was not a Monkey after all as called upon by Ex-cricketer Harbhajan Singh and permanent member Tendulkar. He is a Tamilian.

7. Condolences to Indians in Australia. They thought they had gone and settles in a Phoren country. Too bad.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by goodcitizn Tue Jan 15, 2013 3:39 pm

Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote:
FluteHolder wrote:
doofus_maximus wrote:

2. Tamil Nadu should Claim most of australia - and appoint Kani Mozhi as the leader of DMK in the new Eastern Tamil Nadu.

4. Ban Hindi immediately in the new Eastern TN (Before Dhakni is forced upon our brothers).

5. There could be a strong connection between Vellupillai Pirabhakaran and the Aborigines - hair samples will prove, and Pirabhakaran was only using Aboriginal war techniques. This will absolve him of any kind of crime.

6. Andrew Symmonds was not a Monkey after all as called upon by Ex-cricketer Harbhajan Singh and permanent member Tendulkar. He is a Tamilian.

7. Condolences to Indians in Australia. They thought they had gone and settles in a Phoren country. Too bad.

Aboriginals are Indians?? 3077217049

goodcitizn

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria S Tue Jan 15, 2013 3:58 pm

Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote:

This is original and hilarious Aboriginals are Indians?? 459784477!

Thozhar U..you are in your element-at your best today..pongalo pongal:)

Last edited by Maria S on Tue Jan 15, 2013 4:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Maria S
Maria S

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Tue Jan 15, 2013 4:00 pm

Maria S wrote:

This is original and hilarious Aboriginals are Indians?? 459784477!

Thozhar U..you are in your element today..pongalo pongal:)

Hmm.
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by doofus_maximus Tue Jan 15, 2013 6:05 pm

Vakavaka Pakapaka wrote:
doofus_maximus wrote:

Here is one. There were other studies as well.

http://www.abc.net.au/science/articles/2009/07/24/2635149.htm

Like PP said, this article talks about the original migration 40,000 odd years ago..
It was thought to be isolated after the original migration till Australian land mass was inhabited by the Europeans in 1800s.

The article I posted talks about the more recent migration 4000 years ago.

doofus_maximus
doofus_maximus

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:38 pm

FluteHolder wrote:
doofus_maximus wrote:

yesss...first thing we need is a link language and based on future discovery that aborigines speak a variant of cluckini with words heavily borrowed from duckini. it totally makes sense. haryanvis and oopi bhaiyyas should emigrate to australia in order to bridge their female:male ratio gap and drive autorickshaws while refusing to learn the local duckini variant. I would like to see rashmun appointed as the first prachar sabha founder. and before we forget, merlot recommends a fun midnight lathi charge activity as a welcome gesture, while letting them know how things are done in desh.

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by garam_kuta Tue Jan 15, 2013 11:30 pm

Propagandhi711 wrote:
FluteHolder wrote:
doofus_maximus wrote:

yesss...first thing we need is a link language and based on future discovery that aborigines speak a variant of cluckini with words heavily borrowed from duckini. it totally makes sense. haryanvis and oopi bhaiyyas should emigrate to australia in order to bridge their female:male ratio gap and drive autorickshaws while refusing to learn the local duckini variant. I would like to see rashmun appointed as the first prachar sabha founder. and before we forget, merlot recommends a fun midnight lathi charge activity as a welcome gesture, while letting them know how things are done in desh.

please ..some respect for Luigi Luca Cavalli-Sforza and suchlike ...

garam_kuta

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down