Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Merlot may be interested in this

+3
Idéfix
Propagandhi711
Vakavaka Pakapaka
7 posters

Go down

Merlot may be interested in this Empty Merlot may be interested in this

Post by Vakavaka Pakapaka Fri Jan 18, 2013 8:48 pm

Two famous temples of Kakatiya dynasty in Warangal are in disrepair. One of them - Ramappa temple is magnificent. The other, the thousand pillar temple is devoted to Shiva. Merlot may be interested in visiting the place and restoring his lord's temple! Warangal has several archaeologically important structures. You can see the brutality of monomaniacs when you visit the Warangal fort. Just like in Vijayanagaram, they destroyed beautiful buildings in the most pieceful way.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/city/hyderabad/Thousand-pillar-temple-completes-850-years/articleshow/18082405.cms

Merlot may be interested in this Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRTsObLHpoIL75OZbstDlixiXNZ43V56tkje3J6iOoQ6On2hOptBA

Merlot may be interested in this Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRDhXjLO2E_ooSjPVpyf7QbPhLq4Wnz10QLhsgblXShCaahzrgp

Merlot may be interested in this Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTl9Cdvd4j3Li4bNPYdPdd0iWQR4u1qErVMDXExAaOVPZHJAh1Adw

Vakavaka Pakapaka

Back to top Go down

Merlot may be interested in this Empty Re: Merlot may be interested in this

Post by Propagandhi711 Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:49 pm

What happened since the monomaniacs left? Hindu douches stopped caring for these places since they weren't allowed to pray in them. So deep down, Hindus don't care about these places for their heritage or artistic value. They'd much rather have some place where a dumb fuck baba or religious figure can do miracles and make money. Different form of douchebaggery, same result.

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by Vakavaka Pakapaka Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:23 pm

Yeah. Materialism has its downside. I don't know if you visited Warangal fort. It must have been a beautiful place before the destruction. Incidentally, kavi Potana comes from a village near the fort. Hopefully, Telangana state will take pride in the place and restore it.

Vakavaka Pakapaka

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Sat Jan 19, 2013 2:12 am

I visited Warangal about ten years ago and saw the old fort, Hanumakonda, Ramappa temple, 1000 pillar temple, etc. The remains are quite beautiful, but the destruction is more thorough -- and the lack of care in modern times is more acute -- than at places like Hampi. I remember noticing some similarities to the Hindu temples of Ellora, like the Kailas temple.

The city is a comfortable three hour journey from Hyderabad by road and rail, and I was surprised at the lack of tourists at these historic sites on a good weekend day. The train that we took had absolutely no tourists on it, and many of the sites were completely desolate. I think the government of Andhra Pradesh ought to do a much better job of promoting these historic sites to both domestic and foreign tourists.
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by goodcitizn Sat Jan 19, 2013 2:16 am

Propagandhi711 wrote:What happened since the monomaniacs left? Hindu douches stopped caring for these places since they weren't allowed to pray in them. So deep down, Hindus don't care about these places for their heritage or artistic value. They'd much rather have some place where a dumb fuck baba or religious figure can do miracles and make money. Different form of douchebaggery, same result.

Well said.

goodcitizn

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Sat Jan 19, 2013 2:25 am

Vakavaka Pakapaka wrote:Yeah. Materialism has its downside. I don't know if you visited Warangal fort. It must have been a beautiful place before the destruction. Incidentally, kavi Potana comes from a village near the fort. Hopefully, Telangana state will take pride in the place and restore it.
If Telangana becomes a separate state, I don't expect much to change on this front. KCR and his ilk have no time for the history of the region. They profit from lying about history.

BTW, guruvu-gaaru, I don't know which century you think was the golden age of India when materialism didn't exist, and I do hate to break this to you. But people were and are always materialistic. There is no satya yugam in the past when dharmam walked on all four legs. We human beings are capable of great things and awful things, and we have always been capable of both. That's the human condition. I am sure once the Tughlaq forces were totally done with their destruction of Orugallu, the locals didn't waste a lot of time in carting away building materials from the old destroyed sites for their own purposes -- you can view that as recycling and feel better about it though.
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by ashaNirasha Sat Jan 19, 2013 1:50 pm

panini press wrote:I visited Warangal about ten years ago and saw the old fort, Hanumakonda, Ramappa temple, 1000 pillar temple, etc. The remains are .

What sort of a Telanganite are you? It is Hanamkonda, not Hanumakonda.

ashaNirasha

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Sat Jan 19, 2013 2:20 pm

ashaNirasha wrote:
panini press wrote:I visited Warangal about ten years ago and saw the old fort, Hanumakonda, Ramappa temple, 1000 pillar temple, etc. The remains are .

Haha, true!
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by b_A Sat Jan 19, 2013 2:51 pm

panini press wrote:
ashaNirasha wrote:

Haha, true!

Off topic , By blocking Rashmun , you are really missing so much fun today .

b_A

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:54 pm

b_A wrote:
Off topic , By blocking Rashmun , you are really missing so much fun today .

Why was he blocked!

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by Vakavaka Pakapaka Sun Jan 20, 2013 2:47 am

ashaNirasha wrote:

He is part Kosta! So, his Hanumakonda is justified. I bet Potana and Rudramadevi would have called it Hanumakonda. Hanamkonda, Domalguda, chikadpalli, Turkapalli, Kukatpalli, Basketball.

Vakavaka Pakapaka

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down