Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

mindblowing guitar playing

2 posters

Go down

mindblowing guitar playing Empty mindblowing guitar playing

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Sat Jan 26, 2013 11:23 pm

i've been looking for this for close to a decade. i used to have it on tape a long time ago. if you've been curious about carnatic music, but have been reluctant to give this a listen because you can't handle the lyrical emphasis, this is for you.

this is another one of those disappeared artistes who just dropped off the scene and nobody knows their whereabouts. so beautifully bluesy.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

mindblowing guitar playing Empty Re: mindblowing guitar playing

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Sat Jan 26, 2013 11:27 pm

sorry took a while to fix the link.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Sat Jan 26, 2013 11:33 pm

how can people just disappear never to be heard from again. especially when one is such an incandescent talent?
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Sat Jan 26, 2013 11:48 pm

ecstasy, just pure unadulterated ecstasy. that's how i always felt after listening to this version of brova barama. despite the less than stellar sound quality and at one point a slight gap in the recording, this always brought me to tears. i used to go around for hours in a complete daze after listening to this. so over the top happy to have found it on youtube!
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Sun Jan 27, 2013 12:12 am

sukumar p was a graduate of IIT-M.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Sun Jan 27, 2013 12:27 am

and i don't know why i used the past tense. i'm sure he is alive somewhere, just not playing music.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Impedimenta Sun Jan 27, 2013 9:39 am

thanks for posting this. v apt for my mood today.

i am generally feeling low and blue and really don't know what to do. Some repressed memories from my past wrt my mom has surfaced, memories that were utterly painful that they had to be repressed almost. The painful part is that they are back with a vengeance and crystal clear :-(

human mind is such a bitch! Sorry for the rant and thanks for listening. sometimes, it helps to write, i guess.

Impedimenta

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 27, 2013 9:51 am

Impedimenta wrote:thanks for posting this. v apt for my mood today.

i am generally feeling low and blue and really don't know what to do. Some repressed memories from my past wrt my mom has surfaced, memories that were utterly painful that they had to be repressed almost. The painful part is that they are back with a vengeance and crystal clear :-(

human mind is such a bitch! Sorry for the rant and thanks for listening. sometimes, it helps to write, i guess.

be grateful for the fact that you have children yourself. Transfer your love from your mom to your children. Realize that it is something very precious to have children and that not everyone is able to have what you do. Marilyn Monroe is said to have been depressed because of the fact that she was unable to have children and the same is true for many other women.

and realize that there are so many people who are coping bravely despite having a lot more to handle than you do. for instance:

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/01/27/opinion/sunday/schizophrenic-not-stupid.html?hpw

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 27, 2013 10:01 am

Rashmun wrote:

be grateful for the fact that you have children yourself. Transfer your love from your mom to your children. Realize that it is something very precious to have children and that not everyone is able to have what you do. Marilyn Monroe is said to have been depressed because of the fact that she was unable to have children and the same is true for many other women.

and realize that there are so many people who are coping bravely despite having a lot more to handle than you do. for instance:

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/01/27/opinion/sunday/schizophrenic-not-stupid.html?hpw

this may also help:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 27, 2013 10:03 am

Rashmun wrote:
Rashmun wrote:

this may also help:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down