Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

mindblowing keith jarrett concert

Go down

mindblowing keith jarrett concert Empty mindblowing keith jarrett concert

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Thu Oct 23, 2014 5:09 pm

i have been a fan of keith jarrett for a long time, but had never heard this before. it has elements of indian classical ragas, but this is entirely a creation of jarrett's fertile mind. this is breathtaking creativity.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

mindblowing keith jarrett concert Empty Re: mindblowing keith jarrett concert

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Sat Oct 25, 2014 4:27 pm

been listening to this thing over and over again. the passage from about 13 to about 30 mins is some of the greatest music i've ever heard. it explores all kinds of terrain, but to my indian ears, there is a strong element of raga puriya dhanashree that it begins with and then somehow morphs into sindhu bhairavi.  this guy was clearly influenced by indian classical music when he played this concert. it's hard to be convinced otherwise.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Wed Apr 20, 2016 10:19 am

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:been listening to this thing over and over again. the passage from about 13 to about 30 mins is some of the greatest music i've ever heard. it explores all kinds of terrain, but to my indian ears, there is a strong element of raga puriya dhanashree that it begins with and then somehow morphs into sindhu bhairavi.  this guy was clearly influenced by indian classical music when he played this concert. it's hard to be convinced otherwise.

i discovered this article recently:

Popular Music (2003) Volume 22/2 Copyright @ 2003 Cambridge University Press, pp 117-142

" Blurred affinities: tracing the
influence of North Indian
classical music in Keith Jarrett's
solo piano improvisations" by Gernot Blume

it's available on JSTOR if anyone is interested in checking it out.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down