Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What I posted a few days ago is now news in all major newspapers

+2
Ponniyin Selvan
Kayalvizhi
6 posters

Go down

What I posted a few days ago is now news in all major newspapers Empty What I posted a few days ago is now news in all major newspapers

Post by Kayalvizhi Wed Feb 06, 2013 11:19 pm

What I posted a few days ago is now news in all major newspapers 31933_342367649205599_1912353218_n

Kayalvizhi

Back to top Go down

What I posted a few days ago is now news in all major newspapers Empty Re: What I posted a few days ago is now news in all major newspapers

Post by Ponniyin Selvan Wed Feb 06, 2013 11:22 pm

Right, I saw this in today's Times of India as well.

Ponniyin Selvan

Back to top Go down

What I posted a few days ago is now news in all major newspapers Empty Re: What I posted a few days ago is now news in all major newspapers

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Wed Feb 06, 2013 11:24 pm

well thanks for informing us about it. i didn't say you were lying, just wanted you to tell us where you read it.

what kind of moron would think of putting hindi street names in madurai in the first place?
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 06, 2013 11:27 pm

I once heard about 6 people talking in Hindi on streets of Madurai. 4 were from my family, and 2 were friends, but that's not the point here.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rishi Wed Feb 06, 2013 11:31 pm

The NI district collector did a stupid thing by posting signs in Hindi. He should have known better.

KV, Can you please post the links?

Rishi

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Wed Feb 06, 2013 11:35 pm

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/city/madurai/Hindi-signboards-in-Madurai-removed-after-row/articleshow/18376852.cms

Rather than the corporation, it was the district administration that came under fire, especially in social networking sites accusing collector Anshul Mishra behind the trilingual boards. Mishra initially attempted to explain that Hindi was added in the name board taking into consideration the difficulties faced by Hindi-speaking pilgrims to the temple. But he had to backtrack after he was personally targeted by the members of the Tamil outfit, that raked up the issue.

where have we heard that before?
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Kayalvizhi Wed Feb 06, 2013 11:37 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:well thanks for informing us about it. i didn't say you were lying, just wanted you to tell us where you read it.

Thanks

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:
what kind of moron would think of putting hindi street names in madurai in the first place?

District Collector Misra from a Hindi State.

I hold no ill wiil for him. Once we explained our opposition he wrote "I understand the feeling of my Tamil brothers and sisters. I ordered to stop installing the signs and remove the 2 already installed."

In fact I sent him a mail "You are a honorable man. I wish you and your family all the best."

Kayalvizhi

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Wed Feb 06, 2013 11:46 pm

perhaps he could have explained that the signs are not in hindi, but southern indians' favorite language batakhini.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Wed Feb 06, 2013 11:53 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:perhaps he could have explained that the signs are not in hindi, but southern indians' favorite language batakhini.
I am truly disappointed with Mishraji. Where was the Batakhini Conjecture when we needed it?
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by Kayalvizhi Wed Feb 06, 2013 11:57 pm

See how the Madurai City Corporation Commissioner disowns the Hindi signs.

The city corporation had not only removed the boards, but also warned that police action would be initiated against people installing boards in three languages. The corporation also disowned the boards stating that it was a private agency that was given the contract that erected the trilingual boards at two places while at the other places the boards had just English and Tamil.

"Name boards are being erected in all streets and lanes to help visitors identify the localities in general and tourist places in particular. The boards are only in Tamil and English across the city. The private advertising agency had erected the trilingual boards only on Town Hall road. This board has been removed. In future, a police complaint would be lodged against people erecting trilingual name boards," corporation commissioner R Nanthagopal said.

Kayalvizhi

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 07, 2013 12:00 am

tninety 15 hours ago
They come to Bengaluru and put boards in tamil. And advise, kannadigas should show love for all languages!

http://www.deccanherald.com/content/310280/move-have-hindi-signboards-madurai.html[/i]

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 07, 2013 12:02 am

panini press wrote:
MaxEntropy_Man wrote:perhaps he could have explained that the signs are not in hindi, but southern indians' favorite language batakhini.
I am truly disappointed with Mishraji. Where was the Batakhini Conjecture when we needed it?

Jeremiah Mburuburu wrote:
as the moon waxed and waned ten times, powerful vacuums were applied** in both directions. now the merger is complete! the two are now one. there is nothing but the One. all that is seen is The One; all that is unseen is also The One.

** not that there's anything wrong with that.

https://such.forumotion.com/t10568-hindustani-influences-in-carnatic-music#81408

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Thu Feb 07, 2013 12:04 am

i can't imagine that tamilians have the authority to take over government function and erect street name signs in tamil in bengaluru.

are we talking about street name signs, or signs that private businesses put up at the storefront?
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Thu Feb 07, 2013 1:11 am

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/city/madurai/Hindi-signboards-in-Madurai-removed-after-row/articleshow/18376852.cms

Rather than the corporation, it was the district administration that came under fire, especially in social networking sites accusing collector Anshul Mishra behind the trilingual boards. Mishra initially attempted to explain that Hindi was added in the name board taking into consideration the difficulties faced by Hindi-speaking pilgrims to the temple. But he had to backtrack after he was personally targeted by the members of the Tamil outfit, that raked up the issue.

where have we heard that before?

OMG....Mishra Sir ji must be the long last cousin of Rashmun Sir ji.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Kayalvizhi Thu Feb 07, 2013 10:21 pm

I could not find Max's reply in some thread. Max reply quoted Deccan Herald Comment in which Ragavendra said Hindi should not be tauight from 5th grade (or something like that)

Rashmun, please put the link to that thread hdere. then we can find for ourselves whether Max or you posted first. I remember Max did it first.

Kayalvizhi

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Thu Feb 07, 2013 10:22 pm

Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by Kayalvizhi Thu Feb 07, 2013 10:29 pm

Panini

THanks for the link

Kayalvizhi

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down