Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most egregious violators of privacy: proposed poll

+3
Propagandhi711
Merlot Daruwala
Idéfix
7 posters

Go down

Most egregious violators of privacy: proposed poll Empty Most egregious violators of privacy: proposed poll

Post by Idéfix Fri Feb 08, 2013 4:13 am

I am a little tired of the long and winding arguments about privacy here. So I want to start a poll to get a read on the community's perceptions about privacy and who the most egregious violators in this matter are. I have a feeling that the people know where the problem really lies, and I want to get a good understanding of it myself. I want to make sure the poll is as unbiased and objective as it can reasonably be. So I seek inputs here on the poll options. Below are the options I can think of; please suggest any additions or modifications to the list.

The poll question I propose is: Who is the most egregious violator of privacy of other posters in the history of this community?

The options, in no particular order, are:
Hellsangel: alleged by Rashmun to have disclosed personal information of a poster
Jeremiah Mburuburu: alleged by Panini Press to have disclosed personal information of a poster, including his purported real name and employer, in a threat to shut him up; also alleged by several posters to have disclosed personal information of at least two other posters
Panini Press: alleged by Jeremiah Mburuburu to have "incited" others to disclose personal information
Propagandhi: alleged by Rashmun to have disclosed personal information of a poster
Huzefa Kapasi: alleged by Rashmun and Jeremiah Mburuburu to have hacked into the latter's Sulekha account and disclosed his identity to Hellsangel
Rashmun: alleged by Panini Press to have disclosed personal information of a poster, including his purported real name, and repeatedly referred to him by the initials of his purported real name when it was completely unnecessary
BW: alleged by Jeremiah Mburuburu to have disclosed personal information a poster "from behind cover of a new ID"

I understand that others may have strong opinions on the allegations in question, so I am happy to make changes to the options before I run the poll. Thanks for your inputs.
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Most egregious violators of privacy: proposed poll Empty Re: Most egregious violators of privacy: proposed poll

Post by Merlot Daruwala Fri Feb 08, 2013 7:56 am

Haha..nice mapping of the crossfire of allegations, some of which are not untrue. But just to set the record straight, Hoozay stands accused not by anyone else's allegation but by his own admission of using a bug in old Sulekha to access JM's Inbox.

That said, what's the point of going through the motions of a poll? The results are preordained. In any event, for a Great Glut Admin who can nuke microwaves sitting thousands of miles away, fixing a poll results is child's play, na? So why?
Merlot Daruwala
Merlot Daruwala

Back to top Go down

Most egregious violators of privacy: proposed poll Empty Re: Most egregious violators of privacy: proposed poll

Post by Guest Fri Feb 08, 2013 9:18 am

panini press wrote:I am a little tired of the long and winding arguments about privacy here. So I want to start a poll to get a read on the community's perceptions about privacy and who the most egregious violators in this matter are. I have a feeling that the people know where the problem really lies, and I want to get a good understanding of it myself. I want to make sure the poll is as unbiased and objective as it can reasonably be. So I seek inputs here on the poll options. Below are the options I can think of; please suggest any additions or modifications to the list.

The poll question I propose is: Who is the most egregious violator of privacy of other posters in the history of this community?

Hellsangel: alleged by Rashmun to have disclosed personal information of a poster
Jeremiah Mburuburu: alleged by Panini Press to have disclosed personal information of a poster, including his purported real name and employer, in a threat to shut him up; also alleged by several posters to have disclosed personal information of at least two other posters
Panini Press: alleged by Jeremiah Mburuburu and Rashmun to have "incited" others to disclose personal information
Propagandhi: alleged by Rashmun to have disclosed personal information of a poster
Huzefa Kapasi: alleged by Rashmun and Jeremiah Mburuburu to have hacked into the latter's Sulekha account and disclosed his identity to Hellsangel
Rashmun: alleged by Panini Press to have disclosed personal information of a poster Panini Press, including his purported real name, and repeatedly referred to him by the initials of his purported real name when it was completely unnecessary
BW: alleged by Jeremiah Mburuburu to have disclosed personal information a poster "from behind cover of a new ID"

I understand that others may have strong opinions on the allegations in question, so I am happy to make changes to the options before I run the poll. Thanks for your inputs.

*Corrected*

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 08, 2013 9:34 am

I deny using the full purported name of Panini Press (PP) in my posts although i admit that i have given links to his posts on sulekha (where he posted under his purported real name) for the purpose of showing his reaction to my philosophy posts ('Great Post', etc.).

On one (and only one) occasion i copied the entire post of the poster NG (PP knows who i am talking about) along with the link in which she uses his purported real name. This was an error on my part and i regret it. But, on second thoughts, PP has no concern for his privacy. For instance his blogs on sulekha continue to be under his real name. His forum posts on sulekha continue to be present on the site under his real name although he knows he can write to Sulekha to edit out his purported real name from the posts. Nobody can stop me from posting portions of PP's sulekha blogs on this forum (where he uses his purported real name) but i choose not to do this. I have always confined my fight with PP to this forum and have no desire to inflict any professional damage to him in any way.

Compare my approach with the approach of PP's buddies Hellsangel and Propagandhi who have taken a special delight in repeatedly posting the entire purported real name of the poster JM. In addition, Propa has given links to the purported photographs of JM's wife and daughter on chat (in JM's presence) with the claim that he would like to make love to both of them.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 08, 2013 10:12 am

Merlot Daruwala wrote:Haha..nice mapping of the crossfire of allegations, some of which are not untrue. But just to set the record straight, Hoozay stands accused not by anyone else's allegation but by his own admission of using a bug in old Sulekha to access JM's Inbox.

That said, what's the point of going through the motions of a poll? The results are preordained. In any event, for a Great Glut Admin who can nuke microwaves sitting thousands of miles away, fixing a poll results is child's play, na? So why?

lol!

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Fri Feb 08, 2013 11:14 am

Rashmun wrote:I deny using the full purported name of Panini Press (PP) in my posts although i admit that i have given links to his posts on sulekha (where he posted under his purported real name) for the purpose of showing his reaction to my philosophy posts ('Great Post', etc.).

On one (and only one) occasion i copied the entire post of the poster NG (PP knows who i am talking about) along with the link in which she uses his purported real name. This was an error on my part and i regret it. But, on second thoughts, PP has no concern for his privacy. For instance his blogs on sulekha continue to be under his real name. His forum posts on sulekha continue to be present on the site under his real name although he knows he can write to Sulekha to edit out his purported real name from the posts. Nobody can stop me from posting portions of PP's sulekha blogs on this forum (where he uses his purported real name) but i choose not to do this. I have always confined my fight with PP to this forum and have no desire to inflict any professional damage to him in any way.

Compare my approach with the approach of PP's buddies Hellsangel and Propagandhi who have taken a special delight in repeatedly posting the entire purported real name of the poster JM. In addition, Propa has given links to the purported photographs of JM's wife and daughter on chat (in JM's presence) with the claim that he would like to make love to both of them.

Lol@entire purported real name..and claimed to make love to both. This is gold in terms of entertainment.

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 08, 2013 11:35 am

Propagandhi711 wrote:
Rashmun wrote:I deny using the full purported name of Panini Press (PP) in my posts although i admit that i have given links to his posts on sulekha (where he posted under his purported real name) for the purpose of showing his reaction to my philosophy posts ('Great Post', etc.).

Lol@entire purported real name..and claimed to make love to both. This is gold in terms of entertainment.

As mentioned before saying these things might be unusual for a regular poster but for someone who is known to be a foul mouth with filth oozing out of his mouth every moment, to the extent that said poster takes a perverse pleasure in abusing children of other posters, it is nothing out of the ordinary and something to be expected.

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Fri Feb 08, 2013 11:52 am

Merlot Daruwala wrote:That said, what's the point of going through the motions of a poll? The results are preordained. In any event, for a Great Glut Admin who can nuke microwaves sitting thousands of miles away, fixing a poll results is child's play, na? So why?
The purpose is twofold. First, to help me get a pulse of what people think of all these allegations. If my thinking does not match the general view of the community, then I need to introspect on my approach to this matter. Second, to get beyond the din of allegations and counter-allegations and see what the community believes.

There is no way to fix poll results here beyond creating new user accounts. And we can all easily see new accounts being created if that happens.
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 08, 2013 11:57 am

panini press wrote:
Merlot Daruwala wrote:That said, what's the point of going through the motions of a poll? The results are preordained. In any event, for a Great Glut Admin who can nuke microwaves sitting thousands of miles away, fixing a poll results is child's play, na? So why?
The purpose is twofold. First, to help me get a pulse of what people think of all these allegations. If my thinking does not match the general view of the community, then I need to introspect on my approach to this matter. Second, to get beyond the din of allegations and counter-allegations and see what the community believes.

There is no way to fix poll results here beyond creating new user accounts. And we can all easily see new accounts being created if that happens.

The new accounts have already been created by PP and his buddies. PP just wants to have another rigged poll so that it will give him the legitimacy to keep inciting his buddies against posters he dislikes.

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Fri Feb 08, 2013 12:31 pm

A request... I know Rashmun made some posts here, but don't know if he made any specific suggestions regarding the content of the poll (the question or the choices). If (and only if) he suggested specific edits, would someone please quote it so I can see it?
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 08, 2013 12:33 pm

panini press wrote:A request... I know Rashmun made some posts here, but don't know if he made any specific suggestions regarding the content of the poll (the question or the choices). If (and only if) he suggested specific edits, would someone please quote it so I can see it?

even if you have blocked me (as you claim) and so are unable to view my posts all you have to do is logout of the PP handle and then you will be able to view my posts. Why this childish behavior?

Back to top Go down

Post by Nila Fri Feb 08, 2013 2:32 pm

please to include "Ourselves" as an option. We ourselves become the source of information and fall for phishing.

In earlier sulekha days most of us had our first name, last name in our email IDs. Even we called others without caring much from our phone numbers. I guess, we learned to be a little masked with threats like this.

I know many here value privacy and don't get into others business.

Nila

Back to top Go down

Post by goodcitizn Fri Feb 08, 2013 3:05 pm

panini press wrote:I am a little tired of the long and winding arguments about privacy here. So I want to start a poll to get a read on the community's perceptions about privacy and who the most egregious violators in this matter are. I have a feeling that the people know where the problem really lies, and I want to get a good understanding of it myself. I want to make sure the poll is as unbiased and objective as it can reasonably be. So I seek inputs here on the poll options. Below are the options I can think of; please suggest any additions or modifications to the list.

Panini Press: alleged by Jeremiah Mburuburu to have "incited" others to disclose personal information
Rashmun: alleged by Panini Press to have disclosed personal information of a poster, including his purported real name, and repeatedly referred to him by the initials of his purported real name when it was completely unnecessary

IMO such a poll would serve no purpose. The privacy policy is clear. But people continue to abuse it indirectly by giving links to some old historic posts made in sulekha where personal information is revealed; and directly by citing something they gleaned from chat. Banning a poster doesn't work.

The odds are this circus will continue and the finger pointing will also continue.

goodcitizn

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremiah Mburuburu Fri Feb 08, 2013 3:11 pm

by what you have written above, you have already lied about me and several other posters. any poll result will be biased by these lies, and therefore, be invalid.

this kind of lying and slander goes beyond a poll. it is unethical and possibly illegal.

Jeremiah Mburuburu

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Fri Feb 08, 2013 3:35 pm

Jeremiah Mburuburu wrote:by what you have written above, you have already lied about me and several other posters.
I have not. I have just summarized allegations made by different members against one another, without expressing my own opinion on any of them. In other words, your statement amounts to libel and slander.

Jeremiah Mburuburu wrote:any poll result will be biased by these lies, and therefore, be invalid.
See above. No lies, so no bias.

Jeremiah Mburuburu wrote:this kind of lying and slander goes beyond a poll. it is unethical and possibly illegal.
If you suspect something illegal is going on, I suggest you speak with law enforcement.
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Fri Feb 08, 2013 3:37 pm

goodcitizn wrote:IMO such a poll would serve no purpose. The privacy policy is clear. But people continue to abuse it indirectly by giving links to some old historic posts made in sulekha where personal information is revealed; and directly by citing something they gleaned from chat. Banning a poster doesn't work.

The odds are this circus will continue and the finger pointing will also continue.
I understand you... my purpose is not to put a stop to the finger pointing. I just want to understand if the community's views on who the most egregious violators are. If my opinion on this is drastically different from that of the community, I would need to rethink my approach to this matter.
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 08, 2013 3:46 pm

panini press wrote:
goodcitizn wrote:IMO such a poll would serve no purpose. The privacy policy is clear. But people continue to abuse it indirectly by giving links to some old historic posts made in sulekha where personal information is revealed; and directly by citing something they gleaned from chat. Banning a poster doesn't work.

I understand you... my purpose is not to put a stop to the finger pointing. I just want to understand if the community's views on who the most egregious violators are. If my opinion on this is drastically different from that of the community, I would need to rethink my approach to this matter.

Any polls on this issue will not work because we know it is possible for one poster with multiple handles to cast multiple votes

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 08, 2013 4:46 pm

Jeremiah Mburuburu wrote:

by what you have written above, you have already lied about me and several other posters. any poll result will be biased by these lies, and therefore, be invalid and, therefore, be invalid.

this kind of lying and slander goes beyond a poll. it is unethical and possibly illegal.

corrected.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 08, 2013 4:55 pm

lets put an end to the whole priivacy-is-an-issue thing by having a SuCH meetup

whatsay?

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Fri Feb 08, 2013 4:57 pm

seven wrote:lets put an end to the whole priivacy-is-an-issue thing by having a SuCH meetup

whatsay?
Hahaha, let's do it!
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 08, 2013 5:00 pm

panini press wrote:
seven wrote:lets put an end to the whole priivacy-is-an-issue thing by having a SuCH meetup

whatsay?
Hahaha, let's do it!

i'm Sirius. say vegas? and dont say feb 30th

iExcited Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Petrichor Fri Feb 08, 2013 5:00 pm

panini press wrote:

whatsay?
Hahaha, let's do it!

I see an outing to see Haneke's Amour in the near future, out west.

Petrichor

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Fri Feb 08, 2013 5:04 pm

atcg wrote:
panini press wrote:

whatsay?
Hahaha, let's do it!

Have you seen it yet? Worth watching? We took the pass on it yesterday and watched Zoolander instead. Cheapest movie tickets I ever bought in the US, at $5 a head.
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 08, 2013 5:07 pm

panini press wrote:
atcg wrote:
panini press wrote:

whatsay?
Hahaha, let's do it!

Have you seen it yet? Worth watching? We took the pass on it yesterday and watched Zoolander instead. Cheapest movie tickets I ever bought in the US, at $5 a head.

until very recently, all tickets in amc used to be $5/person before 12noon. now they're $6 Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremiah Mburuburu Fri Feb 08, 2013 5:09 pm

seven wrote:
JM wrote:by what you have written above, you have already lied about me and several other posters. any poll result will be biased by these lies, and therefore, be invalid and, therefore, be invalid. this kind of lying and slander goes beyond a poll. it is unethical and possibly illegal.
corrected.
i don't think that's right. an "and" is not followed immediately by a comma.

Jeremiah Mburuburu

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Fri Feb 08, 2013 5:10 pm

seven wrote:
panini press wrote:
atcg wrote:
panini press wrote:

whatsay?
Hahaha, let's do it!

until very recently, all tickets in amc used to be $5/person before 12noon. now they're $6 Wink
Do they even have shows before noon? We watched a 9 pm show yesterday for $5 per head. I was surprised. They told me it is because they show old movies on Thursday evenings at this low price.
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by Petrichor Fri Feb 08, 2013 5:12 pm

fwiw, I vote for comma after the 'and'.

Petrichor

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 08, 2013 5:14 pm

atcg wrote:fwiw, I vote for comma after the 'and'.

your vote is rejected. next question.

Back to top Go down

Post by Petrichor Fri Feb 08, 2013 5:16 pm

panini press wrote:
atcg wrote:
panini press wrote:

whatsay?
Hahaha, let's do it!

I haven't seen it yet - although it's running in the local 'fashionable' theater where people stay rooted to seats for end credits. I might catch it if it snows - hot chocolate and a walk along the main street, might just be what Roger Ronjen is looking for.

Petrichor

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 08, 2013 5:46 pm

seven wrote:
JM wrote:by what you have written above, you have already lied about me and several other posters. any poll result will be biased by these lies, and therefore, be invalid and, therefore, be invalid. this kind of lying and slander goes beyond a poll. it is unethical and possibly illegal.
corrected.

well it was definitely wrong the way you used it. bcz, as i understand, the meaning of sentence should not change (and first of all sentence should make sense) even if the words between two commas are removed. so your sentence wasnt correct.

now about the comma after 'and', you think i'll correct YOU without checking it with critique my writing dot com?!?
i entered ur sentence followed by my correction and the tool confirmed there was 1 punctuation mistake in ur sentence and none (no punctuation mistakes) in mine. then i posted the correction.

the grammar experts of London Scotland have spoken and, unfortunately, you will have to stand corrected.

Last edited by seven on Fri Feb 08, 2013 5:48 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Fri Feb 08, 2013 5:48 pm

seven wrote:
seven wrote:
corrected.

well it was definitely wrong the way you used it. bcz, as i understand, the meaning of sentence should not change (and first of all sentence should make sense) even if the words between two commas are removed. so your sentence wasnt correct.

now about the comma after 'and', you think i'll correct YOU without checking it with critique my writing dot com?!?
i entered both, ur sentence and my correction and the tool confirmed there was 1 punctuation mistake in ur sentence and none (no punctuation mistakes) in mine. then i posted the correction.

the grammar experts of London Scotland have spoken and, unfortunately, you will have to stand corrected.
rofl
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 08, 2013 5:49 pm

panini press wrote:
seven wrote:
seven wrote:
corrected.

i entered both, ur sentence and my correction and the tool confirmed there was 1 punctuation mistake in ur sentence and none (no punctuation mistakes) in mine. then i posted the correction.

rofl

lol!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 08, 2013 5:59 pm

panini press wrote:
seven wrote:
panini press wrote:
atcg wrote:
panini press wrote:Hahaha, let's do it!

Do they even have shows before noon? We watched a 9 pm show yesterday for $5 per head. I was surprised. They told me it is because they show old movies on Thursday evenings at this low price.

all the time! smtimes we wake up on wknds at 10 and go straight to 20mercado Razz
$5 for 9pm show is awesome

if u and wife enjoy old movies, you might wanna check out the standford theatre in palo alto. they have balcony seating n everything cheers

Last edited by seven on Fri Feb 08, 2013 6:00 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 08, 2013 6:00 pm

Rashmun wrote:
panini press wrote:
seven wrote:
seven wrote:
corrected.

Most egregious violators of privacy: proposed poll 3077217049

lol!

'tis true. laughter IS contageous Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Fri Feb 08, 2013 6:05 pm

seven wrote:if u and wife enjoy old movies, you might wanna check out the standford theatre in palo alto. they have balcony seating n everything cheers
Thanks, will check it out. We have a university theater called PFA here which shows good old movies from time to time. But no balcony.
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by goodcitizn Fri Feb 08, 2013 6:12 pm

seven wrote:
seven wrote:
corrected.

i entered ur sentence followed by my correction and the tool confirmed there was 1 punctuation mistake in ur sentence and none (no punctuation mistakes) in mine. then i posted the correction.

Most egregious violators of privacy: proposed poll 3077217049 Now we can add comma to hyphen.

goodcitizn

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down