Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tribal Justice in Pakistan

+2
Kris
Hellsangel
6 posters

Go down

Tribal Justice in Pakistan Empty Tribal Justice in Pakistan

Post by Hellsangel Wed Mar 13, 2013 11:45 am

http://worldnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/03/13/17295723-pakistani-soldier-stoned-to-death-over-romance-girlfriend-may-be-shot
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Tribal Justice in Pakistan Empty Re: Tribal Justice in Pakistan

Post by Kris Wed Mar 13, 2013 11:52 am

Hellsangel wrote:http://worldnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/03/13/17295723-pakistani-soldier-stoned-to-death-over-romance-girlfriend-may-be-shot

>>>> This is where tribal jurisprudence comes apart at the seams in these parts-- such egregious favoritism-- one is shot and the other stoned. I think this 'separate but equal' notion needs to go to the supreme tribal court and the grievance addressed pronto. I am by no means suggesting that the fnest legal minds in pakistan are not already whirring with ideas on this, but time is of the essence here

Kris

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Wed Mar 13, 2013 11:53 am

this is a place that uppili can love. let's send him over

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by Rishi Wed Mar 13, 2013 12:12 pm

Bibi is Shiite while Din was Sunni, Hussain added.

very similar to the Iyer-Iyengar conflict that is happening now in TN Smile

Rishi

Back to top Go down

Post by Rishi Wed Mar 13, 2013 12:15 pm

Jessica-1170252Tribal Justice in Pakistan B_expandcomment Comment collapsed by the community

"Muslim Religion of peace"

How ignorant most americans are of our own history...wasnt too long ago that "Peaceful Christians" behaved in a similar manner. Oh sure, maybe we havent stoned people to death since nearer to jesus' time, but it really wasnt that long ago that a woman and man couldnt decide to make their own decision about who'd they'd like to shack up with.

You see, women were always the property of their fathers, who earned a pretty penny when they gave their daugthers over in marriage.

Yes, thank goodness Christians evovled...but, rest assured...it's not because Christians chose to evolve, more like they were forced to...every evolution was forced.

I mean, today's christians still bitch about feminism and womens liberation, ya know, allowing women the right to pick an occupation and such minor things like that.

Sorry Christians, bashing Muslims - you have little chest to thump because in the historical timeline you're 15 min ahead of the muslims.

http://worldnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/03/13/17295723-pakistani-soldier-stoned-to-death-over-romance-girlfriend-may-be-shot

The comment by Jessica is somewhat true and applies to non-muslim cultures I guess. It was in 1968, a white man and a black woman wanted to get married. The state of Virginia made it illegal for a white person to marry a person of other race. So this couple went to Washington D.C and got married. They moved back to Virginia. One day the sherriff woke them up in the middle of the night and arrested them for violating the law.

Rishi

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Wed Mar 13, 2013 12:28 pm

Rishi wrote:Jessica-1170252Tribal Justice in Pakistan B_expandcomment Comment collapsed by the community

How ignorant most americans are of our own history...wasnt too long ago that "Peaceful Christians" behaved in a similar manner. Oh sure, maybe we havent stoned people to death since nearer to jesus' time, but it really wasnt that long ago that a woman and man couldnt decide to make their own decision about who'd they'd like to shack up with.

You see, women were always the property of their fathers, who earned a pretty penny when they gave their daugthers over in marriage.

Yes, thank goodness Christians evovled...but, rest assured...it's not because Christians chose to evolve, more like they were forced to...every evolution was forced.

I mean, today's christians still bitch about feminism and womens liberation, ya know, allowing women the right to pick an occupation and such minor things like that.

Sorry Christians, bashing Muslims - you have little chest to thump because in the historical timeline you're 15 min ahead of the muslims.

She is right. But you know who has even less chest to thump? Hindus bashing Muslims when it comes to the treatment of women. Hindus who now bash Muslims for allowing men to marry multiple wives, and for giving daughters half of what sons get in inheritance, are typically religious, right-of-center Hindus. Guess what, in the early 1950s, when Nehru and Ambedkar were trying to reform Hindu personal law to make polygamy illegal and establish gender equality in inheritance matters, the same religious, right-of-center types were thoroughly outraged. Even that great sage that most southern Indian brahmins hold in high esteem -- the "paramacharya" of Kanchi -- wrote and spoke against reform. They wanted to keep sanatana dharma going, without interference from atheists like Nehru and Ambedkar. Much like the ulema do with Muslim law now.
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by Rishi Wed Mar 13, 2013 1:35 pm

trofimov wrote:
Rishi wrote:Jessica-1170252Tribal Justice in Pakistan B_expandcomment Comment collapsed by the community

She is right. But you know who has even less chest to thump? Hindus bashing Muslims when it comes to the treatment of women. Hindus who now bash Muslims for allowing men to marry multiple wives, and for giving daughters half of what sons get in inheritance, are typically religious, right-of-center Hindus. Guess what, in the early 1950s, when Nehru and Ambedkar were trying to reform Hindu personal law to make polygamy illegal and establish gender equality in inheritance matters, the same religious, right-of-center types were thoroughly outraged. Even that great sage that most southern Indian brahmins hold in high esteem -- the "paramacharya" of Kanchi -- wrote and spoke against reform. They wanted to keep sanatana dharma going, without interference from atheists like Nehru and Ambedkar. Much like the ulema do with Muslim law now.

There is one difference though.

It was not difficult for Nehru to overcome the opposition of retrograde Hindus like Kanchi Sankracharya and pass a just law emancipating the Hindu women.

But is it possible to do such a thing for the Muslim women in India or the Islamic nations?

Rishi

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Wed Mar 13, 2013 1:36 pm

Rishi wrote:

There is one difference though.

It was not difficult for Nehru to overcome the opposition of retrograde Hindus like Kanchi Sankracharya and pass a just law emancipating the Hindu women.

But is it possible to do such a thing for the Muslim women in India or the Islamic nations?

That is right. Hindus should slaughter more goats to resist those damned atheists.
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Wed Mar 13, 2013 2:07 pm

Rishi wrote:It was not difficult for Nehru to overcome the opposition of retrograde Hindus like Kanchi Sankracharya and pass a just law emancipating the Hindu women.
It was difficult. The first attempt started in 1941 failed after 2-3 years. Nehru and Ambedkar picked up the pieces after independence and got a draft going in 1948 and presented it to the Constituent Assembly. That attempt also failed. The failure soured the Nehru-Ambedkar relationship. After that, Nehru had to change strategy, break up the reform into four separate bills and pass them piecemeal. He eventually succeeded in 1955-'56.

Rishi wrote:But is it possible to do such a thing for the Muslim women in India or the Islamic nations?
Reform has to come from within. No Hindu leader will be able to reform Muslim family law in India. Turkey, Egypt, Indonesia, etc. reformed their family laws under Muslim leaders.
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by Rishi Wed Mar 13, 2013 3:22 pm

[quote="trofimov] It was difficult. The first attempt started in 1941 failed after 2-3 years. Nehru and Ambedkar picked up the pieces after independence and got a draft going in 1948 and presented it to the Constituent Assembly. That attempt also failed. The failure soured the Nehru-Ambedkar relationship. After that, Nehru had to change strategy, break up the reform into four separate bills and pass them piecemeal. He eventually succeeded in 1955-'56.
[/quote]

Can you please give me a link about the difficulties Nehru faced in getting the Hindu reform laws passed?

Rishi

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Wed Mar 13, 2013 4:04 pm

Rishi wrote:
trofimov wrote: It was difficult. The first attempt started in 1941 failed after 2-3 years. Nehru and Ambedkar picked up the pieces after independence and got a draft going in 1948 and presented it to the Constituent Assembly. That attempt also failed. The failure soured the Nehru-Ambedkar relationship. After that, Nehru had to change strategy, break up the reform into four separate bills and pass them piecemeal. He eventually succeeded in 1955-'56.
Can you please give me a link about the difficulties Nehru faced in getting the Hindu reform laws passed?
I will post relevant extracts from the book India after Gandhi by Ramachandra Guha a little later when I have time. That book contains a detailed account of the efforts to pass the Hindu Code and the determined attempts of the BJP-of-the-day (Jana Sangh if I remember right) and assorted sadhu-sant types against reform. Even some right-of-center members of Congress opposed reform, including party president PD Tandon.
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by Vakavaka Pakapaka Wed Mar 13, 2013 4:11 pm

trofimov wrote:
Rishi wrote:
trofimov wrote: It was difficult. The first attempt started in 1941 failed after 2-3 years. Nehru and Ambedkar picked up the pieces after independence and got a draft going in 1948 and presented it to the Constituent Assembly. That attempt also failed. The failure soured the Nehru-Ambedkar relationship. After that, Nehru had to change strategy, break up the reform into four separate bills and pass them piecemeal. He eventually succeeded in 1955-'56.
I will post relevant extracts from the book India after Gandhi by Ramachandra Guha a little later when I have time. That book contains a detailed account of the efforts to pass the Hindu Code and the determined attempts of the BJP-of-the-day (Jana Sangh if I remember right) and assorted sadhu-sant types against reform. Even some right-of-center members of Congress opposed reform, including party president PD Tandon.

So....... are you supporting UCC?

Vakavaka Pakapaka

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Wed Mar 13, 2013 4:16 pm

Vakavaka Pakapaka wrote:
trofimov wrote:
Rishi wrote:

I have always supported UCC.
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by Vakavaka Pakapaka Wed Mar 13, 2013 4:28 pm

trofimov wrote:
Vakavaka Pakapaka wrote:
trofimov wrote:
Rishi wrote:

I have always supported UCC.

Seva will be pleased.

Vakavaka Pakapaka

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Wed Mar 13, 2013 6:14 pm

Rishi wrote:
https://such.forumotion.com/t11716-rss-opposed-reforms-that-outlawed-hindu-polygamy-and-gave-women-inheritance-rights
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down