Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

To Saamiyaar

4 posters

Go down

To Saamiyaar Empty To Saamiyaar

Post by Rishi Sat Mar 16, 2013 1:30 pm

Since I consider you as my friend, philosopher and guide, what do you think about the workplace advice below?

Show up on time, keep your head down, do your work, no small talk about non work related topics with coworkers, stay away from office politics, don't disagree with your boss, don't listen to any gossip, eat your lunch at your desk, stay away from corporate functions (happy hours, picnics, etc), and try to use email for pretty much all of your workplace communications.

Read more: http://www.city-data.com/forum/work-employment/1025424-go-work-keep-your-head-down.html#ixzz2Nj0QQKzO

Rishi

Back to top Go down

To Saamiyaar Empty Re: To Saamiyaar

Post by goodcitizn Sat Mar 16, 2013 2:28 pm

Rishi wrote:
Since I consider you as my friend, philosopher and guide, what do you think about the workplace advice below?

Idhu over build up!

goodcitizn

Back to top Go down

Post by Uppili Sun Mar 17, 2013 10:37 pm

goodcitizn wrote:
Rishi wrote:

Idhu over build up!

Silar Sirippaar, Silar Azhuvaar, Naan SirithukOndae AzhuginraEn......

Now as a Rishi's FPG SaamiYaar:

If you did as you had quoted, you will be exploited, taken advantage of by everyone, and will be over run by everyone. Of course, you will be an indispensable "worker."

The single most important to come up in a career is to find THAT ambitious, likeable boss just older than you and work hard and support the boss. He will move faster and so will you. It is easier said than done and many times you go down with the boss. VERY VERY few have come to the top on their own without backing.

I would say watch what(ever) you say in the presence of a third person, bcz one never forgets the words and you can never deny your own words if there was a 3rd person.

Smile and be very kind but carry a big stick - and APPEAR to be kind, friendly, understanding and helpful...just appear.

Uppili

Back to top Go down

Post by Impedimenta Sun Mar 17, 2013 10:43 pm

Rishi wrote:

me? e-thangachi? no?

Impedimenta

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down