Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

any tinnitus sufferers on this board?

+3
Marathadi-Saamiyaar
Uppili
MaxEntropy_Man
7 posters

Go down

any tinnitus sufferers on this board? Empty any tinnitus sufferers on this board?

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Sun Mar 24, 2013 12:59 pm

please share therapies that have worked for you.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

any tinnitus sufferers on this board? Empty Re: any tinnitus sufferers on this board?

Post by Guest Sun Mar 24, 2013 2:46 pm

http://dremilykane.com/2002/05/10/top-five-remedies-for-tinnitus/

Back to top Go down

any tinnitus sufferers on this board? Empty Re: any tinnitus sufferers on this board?

Post by Uppili Sun Mar 24, 2013 2:51 pm

It is a god-given protective mechanism to man - as he gets older - to put up with the wife's nagging and chronic whining about all things silly.

Uppili

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Mon Mar 25, 2013 9:53 am

Uppili wrote:It is a god-given protective mechanism to man - as he gets older - to put up with the wife's nagging and chronic whining about all things silly.

how is this a protective mechanism? how is a constant, annoying hum in your ear protective? if you don't know or have anything to say about it, why don't you just STFU?
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Uppili Mon Mar 25, 2013 10:24 am

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:
Uppili wrote:It is a god-given protective mechanism to man - as he gets older - to put up with the wife's nagging and chronic whining about all things silly.

how is this a protective mechanism? how is a constant, annoying hum in your ear protective? if you don't know or have anything to say about it, why don't you just STFU?

I have a question for you - for a long long time...

Have you ever joked, humored, or laughed in real life?

Uppili

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 25, 2013 10:29 am

I used to have this humming sound as a kid. Not always but often enough. I had to ask people if they hear the bizz too or is it just me. That time, since it was not a big issue in terms of frequency, was told that this happens and nbd. It went away on its own. But I later read about it that it is something neurological. And in extreme cases, can be really harmful. I think you should get it checked out if not already.

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Mon Mar 25, 2013 11:34 am

Vidya Bagchi wrote:I used to have this humming sound as a kid. Not always but often enough. I had to ask people if they hear the bizz too or is it just me. That time, since it was not a big issue in terms of frequency, was told that this happens and nbd. It went away on its own. But I later read about it that it is something neurological. And in extreme cases, can be really harmful. I think you should get it checked out if not already.

This is more common with men. It is like a hissing noise - remember the old loudspeakers in Indian public meetings? The nerve endings start to fail - there are some 30,000 of them - one by one like some stations going off the air in your TV replaced with noise. It is common to men (till now) bcz men worked outside and exposed to too much noise all their lives - war/honking (listening to women 24/7)/etc.

Of course, if it is worrisome needs to have a Darshan of the ENT God and pay his Dakshina. Of course, there are a few cardio-related sounds too and one needs to be careful - especially Desis. Of course Max is in his 40s and jogs all the time and hence LESS CHANCE for that.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by doofus_maximus Mon Mar 25, 2013 11:41 am

Uppili wrote:
MaxEntropy_Man wrote:

I have a question for you - for a long long time...

Have you ever joked, humored, or laughed in real life?

The operative word here is 'joke'.

doofus_maximus
doofus_maximus

Back to top Go down

Post by Impedimenta Mon Mar 25, 2013 11:46 am

max, please check your email when you get a chance.

Impedimenta

Back to top Go down

Post by southindian Mon Mar 25, 2013 11:49 am

Max, we knew it all along. There has to be someone (in the head) telling you about Hindians. These voices can make people do wierd things, is what we are worried about. The problem is, now we can't tell you to listen to the voice in your head.
southindian
southindian

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 25, 2013 12:17 pm

i have this whistling sound too in one of my ears but not always. it is not a nuisance till i sneeze or yawn or do something that makes me realize that i had it and its now suddenly gone. if your tinnitus is serious and if you intend to seek medical help, eschew benzodiazepines (sometimes used as a cure for tinnitus -- http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17260879 ). however, it depends on the severity. i don't think there is any herbal etc. cure for it.

Back to top Go down

Post by FluteHolder Mon Mar 25, 2013 12:34 pm

See www.earthclinic.com for any natural therapies available. That site has lots of info and experience of ppl trying/tried alternative therapies. I guess the owner or main contributor (Ted) has given some reasons/remedies to cure this.

FluteHolder

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 25, 2013 12:42 pm

Huzefa Kapasi wrote:sometimes used as a cure to manage for tinnitus -- http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17260879 ).

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 25, 2013 12:48 pm

I read in this issue of readers digest that there was a hole in the inner ear of this person, and he/she could hear his/her heartbeat. To the point that no other sound was audible. That was fixed by a surgery.

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Mon Mar 25, 2013 1:00 pm

Huzefa Kapasi wrote:
Huzefa Kapasi wrote:sometimes used as a cure to manage for tinnitus -- http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17260879 ).

benzos???? yeah rite.... and then stuck with a bunch of other problems?

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 25, 2013 1:14 pm

Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote:
Huzefa Kapasi wrote:

benzos???? yeah rite.... and then stuck with a bunch of other problems?
dagtar uppili mbbs, i have already warned max in my post above. yet, let me clarify, they are life savers on occasions.

but dagtar uppili mbbs, what other problems are you talking about? yes, you can google dagtar.

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Tue Mar 26, 2013 7:50 pm

this is one of the more challenging things i've had to deal with. here are some things that seem to help in case there are fellow sufferers.

1) ginkgo biloba
2) daily vitamin b-12 and b-complex
3) drastic reduction of salt
4) eliminating alcohol and caffeine
5) constant low level white noise like this especially at night:

the intensity has come down in the last couple of days.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 26, 2013 10:07 pm

http://tinnitusdx.com/blog/the-many-causes-of-tinnitus/treating-tinnitus-from-ear-wax/

I don't suffer from tinnitus but I have suffered from a fungal ear infection in the past and it was very painful. One of the things you might wish to do is to clean out your ears regularly with olive oil or something similar using a bulb syringe. You will find bottles labelled 'ear wax removal system' at the local pharmacy.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 27, 2013 3:29 am

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:this is one of the more challenging things i've had to deal with. here are some things that seem to help in case there are fellow sufferers.

1) ginkgo biloba
2) daily vitamin b-12 and b-complex
3) drastic reduction of salt
4) eliminating alcohol and caffeine
5) constant low level white noise like this especially at night:

the intensity has come down in the last couple of days.
good for you max. hope it improves fast.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down