Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NCAA Basketball Championship-any body watching?

4 posters

Go down

NCAA Basketball Championship-any body watching? Empty NCAA Basketball Championship-any body watching?

Post by truthbetold Sun Mar 24, 2013 9:08 pm

Other than FGCU, Wichita st., and may be oregon, rest of them were well known programs with lot of history. i count at least 9 past champions, probably more. most of them were number one for a period of time this season.

who is your pck?

my logical pick is lou and sentimental pick is syr.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

NCAA Basketball Championship-any body watching? Empty Re: NCAA Basketball Championship-any body watching?

Post by Uppili Sun Mar 24, 2013 9:14 pm

truthbetold wrote:Other than FGCU, Wichita st., and may be oregon, rest of them were well known programs with lot of history. i count at least 9 past champions, probably more. most of them were number one for a period of time this season.

who is your pck?

my logical pick is lou and sentimental pick is syr.

That is my pick this year as well. Oregon used to be a very good team in the 90s. I am expecting Indiana, Arizona, Louisville, and Minnesota in the final four - if I remember my bracket right.

Uppili

Back to top Go down

NCAA Basketball Championship-any body watching? Empty Re: NCAA Basketball Championship-any body watching?

Post by truthbetold Sun Mar 24, 2013 9:23 pm

there were surprise teams in the past. Gonzaga did it few years ago. George Mason did it one year> valpariso did it for few rounds few years ago. Butler did it few years back.

Let us see if FGCU can do that.

Oregon were good once looks like they are more into football these day.

MN is not likely to make it to final four.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:08 am

Wichita state provided the surprise element. It was not an unknown ball team but is not among elite teams. Good for them.
Syracuse made it to final four again.they lost several games before the gournament. But got their game back at the right time. What a stifling defence. It may look ugly but it got results.
lou vs duke could be the best game of the tournament.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by Uppili Sun Mar 31, 2013 10:29 am

truthbetold wrote:Wichita state provided the surprise element. It was not an unknown ball team but is not among elite teams. Good for them.
Syracuse made it to final four again.they lost several games before the gournament. But got their game back at the right time. What a stifling defence. It may look ugly but it got results.
lou vs duke could be the best game of the tournament.

Yes. Rick Pitino vs. Kzgsinski (damn the poles whose names are not easy) provides a great contrast in styles. Pitino the typical mercurial Brooklyn italian and the calm, quiet and confident Pole and both one time understudies of Jim Boehm of Syracuse (which reached the in the final 4).

Then there is this Wichita State who butchered much fancied Pittsburgh, then #1 Gonzaga, followed by a massacr of La Salle, which beat K-State - the better respected K-State. Even worse yesterday they beat Ohio State (leading by 20 points just 10 min before close), who beat Arizona (my pickfor Final 4). to rub salt into the wound is the loss of the most favored school in the midwest - the great Univ of Kansas on Thursday. The commentators were CONSTANTLY praising, egging on, excusing, and advising Ohio State whether they trailed 5 points, 12 points (at half-time), 20 points or 4 points in the end. What was despicable was they were attributing Angel's smiling, luck, umpires mistakes, etc..etc. when they rarely described Wichita State. What a shame that they pander to the better known team with "viewers market" in mind. What a match it could have been if only Unv of Kansas had reached the Final four to meet the much ignored Wichita State in an intra-state match.

Just now found out I may be out during the Duke - Louisville match. I picked Louisville to win the tournament and realized only on Thursday that it is led by the indefatigable Pitino - the former champion from Univ of Kentucky and New York's NBA team.

Uppili

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Sun Mar 31, 2013 11:41 am

uppili ,
i picked Lou because of pitino . but the pole is no slouch either.
Florida could the fourth team.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Sun Mar 31, 2013 11:43 am

an interesting tidbit is that about 15 of the top forty surviving bracket selectorspicked Syracuse to win championship. that is much more than any other team.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria S Sun Mar 31, 2013 4:28 pm

https://such.forumotion.com/t11881-nba-games#93067

For better or worse..winning or whopping..I will stick with my 2 teams: Univ of Michigan and my "new like" Wichita State!

We'll see:)
Maria S
Maria S

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Sun Mar 31, 2013 4:40 pm

Michigan really whipped florida. They look really good. But so does syracuse defence and wichita 's surprise.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by Uppili Sun Mar 31, 2013 5:07 pm

Louisville vs. Duke starts.

SIVA playing for Louisville ? an A B C D ?????

Now that will be the first for a desi - to be in a final four - if it wins.

Uppili

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:31 pm

Siva is the ladt name of peyton.not abcd for sure. A small chance that he could from west indies area. Most likely of african descent.
Lou vs duke is as ecpected a tight game.
i missed the injury. I hope that kid recovers from that.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by Uppili Sun Mar 31, 2013 8:58 pm

truthbetold wrote:Siva is the ladt name of peyton.not abcd for sure. A small chance that he could from west indies area. Most likely of african descent.
Lou vs duke is as ecpected a tight game.
i missed the injury. I hope that kid recovers from that.

Peyton Siva - Samoan descent: pretty tough kid out of gang-territory, seems like a great role model.

Uppili

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Sun Mar 31, 2013 9:07 pm

Louisville turned the game into a blowout of duke. Coach mike k. Did not face this kind of rout often. Game wad ovet about 6 or 7 min into second half.
Syr vs mi - my pick syr
Lou vs wich st - lou
final winner head picks lou. Heart goes to syr. My pick syr.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by Uppili Mon Apr 01, 2013 12:35 am

Lousiville - they will dedicate the championship to their "broken-leg" team member.

Although, I am bit suspicious of the Christians from Wichita State who was blessed by "Time Tebow" If MI and Wichita State win, have a strong suspicion that MI will get a drubbing.

Uppili

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria S Mon Apr 01, 2013 8:04 am

Uppili wrote:Lousiville - they will dedicate the championship to their "broken-leg" team member.

Although, I am bit suspicious of the Christians from Wichita State who was blessed by "Time Tebow" If MI and Wichita State win, have a strong suspicion that MI will get a drubbing.

With the serious injury of the player, Louisville is the "emotional" fav..the kind of human drama the media likes to highlight- blow it up bigger too!

Nalla preemptive strike U! Sure, you are suspicious:)
No prayers or blessings from me..it's totally guessing and watching for fun!
Maria S
Maria S

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sat Apr 06, 2013 3:06 pm

Today....

Louisville will Pummel Wichita State - with even crowd sympathizing with Louisville and players playing for their injured comprade. Wichita State has only Jesus and Tebow on their side.

Michigan and Syracuse : Syracuse is likely to edge out. Thanks to Jim Boehem.

Talking about Jim, a final between Syracuse and Louisille will be tough and intersting - Two great teams led by two great coaches.... and ironically the famed Rick Pitino was once an asst coach under the famed Jim Boehem...

What a Guru-Sishya match that will be.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Sat Apr 06, 2013 8:19 pm

Lou vs wich st.
Its a tied game with 5 min to go.
Wichita dominated for first 30 min.
Last 5 min lou fought back to lead.
maria come on. Pull your team through.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Sat Apr 06, 2013 10:28 pm

Maria was too busy to watch the game and cost wichita st a game by a small margin.
Michigan is spanking syr butt. halftime lead.of 11 and syr is not a great scoring team.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sat Apr 06, 2013 10:40 pm

truthbetold wrote:Maria was too busy to watch the game and cost wichita st a game by a small margin.
Michigan is spanking syr butt. halftime lead.of 11 and syr is not a great scoring team.

I think the Umpire goofed up in calling giving possession to Louisville instead of calling a foul on Louisville. With the score at 68-70 and only 5 secs left, Wichita State could have equalized the score. What is worse is Wichita State dominated the match leading by 10+ points till 7 min to go and held on to the lead till 3 min to the final whistle.

Literally, the Umpire stole the match for Louisville. This is like giving the last wicket a LBW on a bat-pad with only 2 runs to score in a key semi-final World cup cricket match. Or, like Sandra Day O'Connor giving the presidency to Dubya in 2001.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Sat Apr 06, 2013 11:40 pm

Syr played a good second half but could get over the hump. It will bean interesting final .
My pick lou.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria S Sat Apr 06, 2013 11:44 pm

truthbetold wrote:Maria was too busy to watch the game and cost wichita st a game by a small margin.

Aww, that is so nice of you to think of me and my power of cheering, TBT!
And how right you are, I could not watch the Wichita game today and cheer them to victory:)
But, I watched most of the MI- Syr game! Yay Very Happy! And you know who won and why!

Just a reminder about my top pick:

https://such.forumotion.com/t11881-nba-games#93067

Ok, I am quite satisfied..MI is in the finals..no predictions from me..but, will cheer for MI whether they win the Championship or not.. to the end:)
Maria S
Maria S

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria S Tue Apr 09, 2013 8:59 am

As I said- was very satisfied..did cheer for MI and while they had a great first half..Louisville did well in the second half to win the Championship!

Another season ends. This year seems to be going by so fast!
Maria S
Maria S

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down