Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

'Sanjay Dutt an honorable man'

4 posters

Go down

'Sanjay Dutt an honorable man' Empty 'Sanjay Dutt an honorable man'

Post by Guest Tue Mar 26, 2013 12:15 pm

It is clear from the above facts that Sanjay Dutt is an honourable person who according to the Supreme Court had made a voluntary confession setting out all the facts and circumstances in which he had acquired the automatic weapon, the confession which the Supreme Court found to be voluntary and true and his conviction is also based on his own voluntary and truthful confession.

It would be a travesty of justice if such a person has to go to jail now merely because an important provision of law has been overlooked by the Supreme Court. Either the Supreme Court in a review or curative petition or any other constitutional authority which is entitled to grant him relief must do justice by making an order so that an honourable person like Sanjay Dutt does not have to suffer any more.

http://www.thehindu.com/opinion/lead/this-plot-needs-a-new-ending/article4548129.ece?homepage=true

Back to top Go down

'Sanjay Dutt an honorable man' Empty Re: 'Sanjay Dutt an honorable man'

Post by truthbetold Tue Mar 26, 2013 1:13 pm

so is kasab, dawood ibrahim , etc.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 26, 2013 2:00 pm

truthbetold wrote:so is kasab, dawood ibrahim , etc.

Congress general secretary Digvijaya Singh on Monday said actor Sanjay Dutt had been "foolish" for getting involved with the accused in the 1993 Mumbai serial blasts but he still regarded him as a "great man".

"Sanjay Dutt just acted foolish," Singh was quoted by CNN-IBN as saying. Singh told the TV news channel that Dutt was being targeted because of his late father Sunil Dutt's efforts to create communal harmony. Singh's statement may create controversy while Dutt's friends and supporters are building a campaign to have his prison sentence in the serial blasts case reduced.

http://www.hindustantimes.com/India-news/NewDelhi/Sanjay-Dutt-is-a-great-man-Digvijaya-Singh/Article1-1031847.aspx

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 26, 2013 2:06 pm

Every time Sanjay Dutt’s name surfaces in the media in connection with the 1993 Mumbai blasts, the inhabitants of this village in Uttar Pradesh go on an overdrive to express their solidarity with the actor.

Chilbila, a nondescript village in Meja tehsil in Allahabad district’s eastern fringes, was where Jaddanbai, Nargis’ mother and Sanjay Dutt’s maternal grandmother, was brought up.

The village’s connection with Sanjay Dutt may be a bit tenuous, but for the residents it’s a good enough celebrity connection — one that would deliver them a miracle, the kind many villages in India pray for to escape rack and ruin. The Chilbila villagers arrange special community programmes and prayers at temples and mosques, with some offering “chadars” at the local shrine for the actor’s well-being, in the hope that that Mr. Dutt will eventually visit them and end their infrastructural and livelihood woes.

http://www.thehindu.com/news/national/in-up-village-prayers-for-sanjay-kin-and-wouldbe-saviour/article4548201.ece?homepage=true

Back to top Go down

Post by FluteHolder Tue Mar 26, 2013 2:21 pm

A simple question to Rash.

If you or I have done the same crime as this Munna, should you/I be pardoned?

FluteHolder

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 26, 2013 2:29 pm

FluteHolder wrote:A simple question to Rash.

the answer is yes because:

http://www.thehindu.com/opinion/lead/this-plot-needs-a-new-ending/article4548129.ece?homepage=true

Back to top Go down

Post by FluteHolder Tue Mar 26, 2013 2:32 pm

Rashmun wrote:

I give up. Now I know/understand why Max was getting upset Smile

You carry on!Smile

FluteHolder

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 26, 2013 3:22 pm

FluteHolder wrote:
Rashmun wrote:

I give up. Now I know/understand why Max was getting upset Smile

You carry on!Smile

remember also that he has already served 18 months in jail and the incident is more than 20 years old. It seems to me that like Shylock in the Merchant of Venice there are many people here who want 'a pound of flesh' from Sanjay Dutt.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 26, 2013 3:38 pm

he spent 18 months for a 5 year punishment crime.
the argument that says its a 20 yr old case, is as lame as you. very lame. its as lame as indian judicial system. very lame.

so devil's advocate rashmun pls dont make me angry.

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Tue Mar 26, 2013 4:04 pm

seven wrote:he spent 18 months for a 5 year punishment crime.
the argument that says its a 20 yr old case, is as lame as you. very lame. its as lame as indian judicial system. very lame.

seven,
you go girl.
(not that you need any support but i like that spirit).

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremiah Mburuburu Tue Mar 26, 2013 4:09 pm

truthbetold wrote:
seven wrote:he spent 18 months for a 5 year punishment crime.

seven,
you go girl.
(not that you need any support but i like that spirit).
tbt, you too go girl!

Jeremiah Mburuburu

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Tue Mar 26, 2013 4:13 pm

jm,
that ranks with rash's stupid posts. get your meds and go to your corner, old fart .

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by Rishi Tue Mar 26, 2013 10:25 pm

http://blog.tehelka.com/manufacturing-consent-for-the-pardon-of-sanjay-dutt/

“He is a nice man” goes the refrain. How many nice people do you know who store automatic weapons and grenades capable of causing carnage? Then there is the refrain that says he was too young. At 33? When leaders like Digvijaya Singh put out statements that say, “Sanjay Dutt is not a criminal, he is not a terrorist. Sanjay Dutt, at a young age, in the atmosphere of that time, thought that perhaps the way Sunil Dutt had been raising his voice against communalism and favoured the minorities, then perhaps he could be attacked,” they are making excuses for terror.

What do you say to all those people who are minorities, or favour minority rights and would never think of going down the path of violence or terror? Indeed, what do you tell people whose family members have been arrested and convicted for terror – that it is excusable because they thought they were in danger? Is this the same approach to dealing with Maoists who believe that the only way they can get heard by the State is by committing acts of terror?

Rishi

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 26, 2013 10:45 pm

Rishi wrote:http://blog.tehelka.com/manufacturing-consent-for-the-pardon-of-sanjay-dutt/

“He is a nice man” goes the refrain. How many nice people do you know who store automatic weapons and grenades capable of causing carnage? Then there is the refrain that says he was too young. At 33? When leaders like Digvijaya Singh put out statements that say, “Sanjay Dutt is not a criminal, he is not a terrorist. Sanjay Dutt, at a young age, in the atmosphere of that time, thought that perhaps the way Sunil Dutt had been raising his voice against communalism and favoured the minorities, then perhaps he could be attacked,” they are making excuses for terror.

What do you say to all those people who are minorities, or favour minority rights and would never think of going down the path of violence or terror? Indeed, what do you tell people whose family members have been arrested and convicted for terror – that it is excusable because they thought they were in danger? Is this the same approach to dealing with Maoists who believe that the only way they can get heard by the State is by committing acts of terror?

The Muslim MP Ehsaan Jaffery was cut up by swords by a mob during the Gujarat riots. Merlot Daruwala made the point earlier that if Mr Jaffery had an automatic weapon he may have survived the mob attack.

Back to top Go down

Post by FluteHolder Wed Mar 27, 2013 1:52 am

Rash,
Did you read the entire blog completely and re-read (Bhushan's write up). It looks like he is mocking Kaju katli/pardon requests. I think the comment describes this well.

Mr. Bhushan. Great sense of humor. A very nice sarcasm.
Posted on: Mar 26, 2013 at 19:40 IST

FluteHolder

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 27, 2013 8:19 am

FluteHolder wrote:Rash,
Did you read the entire blog completely and re-read (Bhushan's write up). It looks like he is mocking Kaju katli/pardon requests. I think the comment describes this well.

The Hindu does not publish satire. This means Bhushan was serious and so you can stop smiling.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 27, 2013 8:56 am

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/india/Markandey-Katju-seeks-pardon-for-Zaibunissa-in-1993-Mumbai-blasts-case/articleshow/19239355.cms

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 27, 2013 9:05 am

Rashmun wrote:
FluteHolder wrote:Rash,

The Hindu does not publish satire. This means Bhushan was serious and so you can stop smiling.

The comments to the article are more sensible and logical than the article. It's a shame that this Bhushan guy was once the law minister of the country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 27, 2013 9:09 am

Rashmun wrote:http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/india/Markandey-Katju-seeks-pardon-for-Zaibunissa-in-1993-Mumbai-blasts-case/articleshow/19239355.cms

oh yeah, this after being questioned by Jetmalani in the debate on the toi news channel as to why he wasn't doing the same for Zaibunnisa.The guy has no other choice.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down