Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What are you cooking / having cooked / eating today? [1 of 2]

+29
doofus_maximus
FluteHolder
Maria S
chameli
Jeremiah Mburuburu
garam_kuta
Nila
pravalika nanda
Miss.Blah
artood2
Mosquito
ashaNirasha
soul.peaceful
truthbetold
pravalika
Propagandhi711
indophile
Kris
MaxEntropy_Man
tapori
harharmahadev
Merlot Daruwala
Impedimenta
FreeStyle
Another Brick
.|Sublime|.
Hellsangel
Rekz
charvaka
33 posters

Page 16 of 20 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next

Go down

What are you cooking / having cooked / eating today? [1 of 2] - Page 16 Empty Re: What are you cooking / having cooked / eating today? [1 of 2]

Post by Guest Thu Jun 28, 2012 9:54 am

what's going on here? some alu-gobi revolution?

Back to top Go down

What are you cooking / having cooked / eating today? [1 of 2] - Page 16 Empty Re: What are you cooking / having cooked / eating today? [1 of 2]

Post by Guest Thu Jun 28, 2012 9:56 am

you can say that.

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlot Daruwala Fri Jun 29, 2012 1:53 am

Wow..I smell a conspiracy here.

BW, HK: Why did you just delete your posts??
Merlot Daruwala
Merlot Daruwala

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 29, 2012 1:55 am

editing & reposting upon request. bw wanted to change pic.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 29, 2012 2:01 am

Huzefa Kapasi wrote:[

paging blabberwock: how did your alu-gobi and dal turn out yesterday?

Like below! Had fluffy rotis too but no pictures. Ganpath Ram wins this time, it seems.

What are you cooking / having cooked / eating today? [1 of 2] - Page 16 20120616

What are you cooking / having cooked / eating today? [1 of 2] - Page 16 20120620

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 29, 2012 2:02 am

ya, i too think i win. Smile rather, ganpath ram wins. but but but, you win in the dal department. my wife and i are unanimous that your dal is better. close call (HA not in the reckoning except in the yellow, sickly department -- in which he is the undisputed champ). so what else is new? do cats meow?

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlot Daruwala Fri Jun 29, 2012 2:02 am

blabberwock wrote:

Like below! Had fluffy rotis too but no pictures. Ganpath Ram wins this time, it seems.

What are you cooking / having cooked / eating today? [1 of 2] - Page 16 20120616

What are you cooking / having cooked / eating today? [1 of 2] - Page 16 20120620

Much better.
Merlot Daruwala
Merlot Daruwala

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 29, 2012 2:06 am

Merlot Daruwala wrote:
blabberwock wrote:

Much better.

baby steps, MD. I will eventually get there and be the aloo gobi rani.

Back to top Go down

Post by FlowerPower Fri Jun 29, 2012 2:07 am

blabberwock wrote:
Huzefa Kapasi wrote:

What are you cooking / having cooked / eating today? [1 of 2] - Page 16 20120614

What are you cooking / having cooked / eating today? [1 of 2] - Page 16 Dscf3014

Both dishes look very appetising and very surprisingly these are the dishes are on the menu at my place today...

FlowerPower

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 29, 2012 2:09 am

FlowerPower wrote:Both dishes look very appetising and very surprisingly these are the dishes are on the menu at my place today...

post pics!

Back to top Go down

Post by artood2 Fri Jun 29, 2012 5:26 pm

blabberwock wrote:.

Dal

Na-dal!

artood2
artood2

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 30, 2012 2:30 am

lol!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 30, 2012 2:34 am

Dal-Na! (alu phukopi dalna is an alu-gobi curry in bengali cuisine).

What are you cooking / having cooked / eating today? [1 of 2] - Page 16 5460953661_89e69e524b

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jul 06, 2012 4:24 am

leftover haanser deemer devil chop (swan's egg chop). it's a bengali colonial item and has a keema filling with a bread crumbs shell. plus kosha mangsho and sorshe bhapa ilish (not in pic.). that's a huge egg in the pic. that you see. all leftovers from last night's dinner at 6 ballygunge.

What are you cooking / having cooked / eating today? [1 of 2] - Page 16 Imag0010

while we were feasting last night, i couldn't help but think, agent daruwala, wish you were here!

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremiah Mburuburu Fri Jul 06, 2012 10:09 am

boobsy, either ask ganpath ram to post here, or post photographs of interesting dishes that you have cooked.

Jeremiah Mburuburu

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremiah Mburuburu Fri Jul 06, 2012 10:21 am

boobsy kapasi, you get no points for posting pictures of all the stuff that made its way down your alimentary canal. Her Royal Roundness doesn't either.

Jeremiah Mburuburu

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jul 06, 2012 10:30 am

why not? the title of the thread includes, 'eating' and 'having cooked'. totally legit. stop trying to bully.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jul 06, 2012 10:44 am

erratum
Huzefa Kapasi wrote:leftover haanser deemer devil chop

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jul 06, 2012 11:08 am

Jeremiah Mburuburu wrote:boobsy, either ask ganpath ram to post here, or post photographs of interesting dishes that you have cooked.
next you will ask me to stop posting pics. of what blabberwock has cooked. where does it stop o sirjee? (yaar)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jul 06, 2012 11:12 am

Huzefa Kapasi wrote:
Jeremiah Mburuburu wrote:boobsy, either ask ganpath ram to post here, or post photographs of interesting dishes that you have cooked.
next you will ask me to stop posting pics. of what blabberwock has cooked. where does it stop o sirjee? (yaar)

aha, i now realize why bw makes u post her food pics. i am slow.

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremiah Mburuburu Fri Jul 06, 2012 11:31 am

Natalia Romanova wrote:why not? the title of the thread includes, 'eating' and 'having cooked'. totally legit. stop trying to bully.
the questions that arise are not about legitimacy, but about the poster's role.

did he make the dish? what was interesting about making the dish? was any special ingredient, process, or method used? was there anything about its qualities that made the dish special or unique?

oddly, the poster depicts only the visual attributes of an item whose fundamental values are in its taste, aroma and texture, and the nutrition it provides. one concludes that boobsy's posts have no value in a civilized thread on food. they are the posts of a common glutton.

Jeremiah Mburuburu

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jul 06, 2012 11:32 am

Natalia Romanova wrote:
Huzefa Kapasi wrote:

aha, i now realize why bw makes u post her food pics. i am slow.
Razz we indians know how to work the loopholes very well. not an inferior race or culture at all!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jul 06, 2012 11:37 am

Jeremiah Mburuburu wrote:oddly, the poster depicts only the visual attributes of an item whose fundamental values are in its taste, aroma and texture, and the nutrition it provides.
let me break this up:
oddly, the poster depicts only the visual attributes of an item
never! most of my posts have a back story that sometimes includes the recipe. i delve into the cultural aspects of the dish as well as what endears me to it.
an item whose fundamental values are in its taste, aroma and texture, and the nutrition it provides.
it took CH 5/6 years to add pics. (earlier folks could only rave, in words, about sambars (note the sp.) they never made). but now we are growing at an exponential rate. by next year we will add aroma. our target is to incorporate taste and texture, both, by 2014.

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Fri Jul 06, 2012 12:58 pm

phlegmy limpdick is fixated on man boobs. probably wants to suck on them and then dig stray hairs from between his teeth in contentment afterwards.

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by Impedimenta Fri Jul 06, 2012 1:22 pm

Huzefa Kapasi wrote:Dal-Na! (alu phukopi dalna is an alu-gobi curry in bengali cuisine).

What are you cooking / having cooked / eating today? [1 of 2] - Page 16 5460953661_89e69e524b

OMG, that is it! i am moving over to the dark side. where do i sign up?

Impedimenta

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Fri Jul 06, 2012 1:39 pm

Huzefa Kapasi wrote:it took CH 5/6 years to add pics. (earlier folks could only rave, in words, about sambars (note the sp.) they never made). but now we are growing at an exponential rate. by next year we will add aroma. our target is to incorporate taste and texture, both, by 2014.
What are you cooking / having cooked / eating today? [1 of 2] - Page 16 3077217049. When we do add any of those things, we should expect a healthy dose of whining from Jer-ji that it was added just for you.
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Fri Jul 06, 2012 1:43 pm

Jeremiah Mburuburu wrote:one concludes that boobsy's posts have no value in a civilized thread on food.
His posts are at least about food. Yours are not even about food; you are simply whining about him.

Jeremiah Mburuburu wrote:they are the posts of a common glutton.
Think about your own posts -- here and in other threads. They are the posts of an uncommon whiner.
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Fri Jul 06, 2012 4:44 pm

panini press wrote:They are the posts of an uncommon whiner.

You are not going to change him. He will continue to whine and blame the caste system for his miserable life.
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jul 06, 2012 11:46 pm

panini press wrote:Jer-ji
lol!

Back to top Go down

What are you cooking / having cooked / eating today? [1 of 2] - Page 16 Empty whole grain (51% wheat) thin spaghetti with veggies.

Post by Bittu Sat Jul 14, 2012 1:14 pm

What are you cooking / having cooked / eating today? [1 of 2] - Page 16 Dsc_6911

Bittu

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jul 14, 2012 2:03 pm

we call it vegetable chowmein here. good pic. Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Bittu Sat Jul 14, 2012 3:34 pm

What are you cooking / having cooked / eating today? [1 of 2] - Page 16 DSC_6976.NEF

What are you cooking / having cooked / eating today? [1 of 2] - Page 16 DSC_6986.NEF

Bittu

Back to top Go down

Post by Bittu Sat Jul 14, 2012 3:34 pm

Huzefa Kapasi wrote:we call it vegetable chowmein here. good pic. :)

lol thanks...ya you're bang on...veg chowmein it is :D

Bittu

Back to top Go down

Post by Kris Sat Jul 14, 2012 6:35 pm

Bittu wrote:What are you cooking / having cooked / eating today? [1 of 2] - Page 16 Dsc_6911

>>>>Looks really good and I am not even that much of a noodles person.

Kris

Back to top Go down

Post by Bittu Sat Jul 14, 2012 7:06 pm

Thanks Kris. Usually wheat noodles don't taste good at all but this stuff is surprisingly tasty:

http://ozbo.com/Barilla-Pasta-Whole-Grain-Thin-Spaghetti-77143-ozbo.html

Bittu

Back to top Go down

Post by Kris Sat Jul 14, 2012 7:25 pm

Bittu wrote:Thanks Kris. Usually wheat noodles don't taste good at all but this stuff is surprisingly tasty:

http://ozbo.com/Barilla-Pasta-Whole-Grain-Thin-Spaghetti-77143-ozbo.html

>>>Looks like something my wife would like. Will check it out.

Kris

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlot Daruwala Fri Aug 03, 2012 1:42 am

To show my fakular solidarity with the latest convert to Islam - our own Maratullah Saamiullah Khan (formerly a Gounder known as Uppili), I headed out last night after sundown to the Muslim hub in Mbai and feasted on:
- Mutton rolls (with a layer of egg) that just melted in the mouth
- Baida roti with keema and egg
- The most subtly flavored firni

All this was eaten by a table literally in the middle of a sea of people - mostly Muslims. And yes, it was past 8pm.

Walking back to where I'd parked, I passed by a sweet shop where the halwai was frying fresh malupas the size of dinner plates. Packed a couple of single-egg malpuas for later(see pic below from internets):

What are you cooking / having cooked / eating today? [1 of 2] - Page 16 Malpua-man
Merlot Daruwala
Merlot Daruwala

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 03, 2012 2:00 am

Merlot Daruwala wrote:And yes, it was past 8pm.
rofl

great feast you had. are the mutton rolls of mumbai like the egg-mutton/chicken kaati rolls of calcutta? i recall they called them frankies there (which was almost but not exactly a kaati roll -- the meat was shredded).

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlot Daruwala Fri Aug 03, 2012 2:23 am

It's been a very long time since I ate a egg-mutton roll in calcutta. The inside I think is similar (mutton boti, onion and green chili rather than shredded meat) but on the outside, the rolls here are tawa-fried in so much oil they have a near deep-fried look and texture. Is it the same there?

See pics below:
What are you cooking / having cooked / eating today? [1 of 2] - Page 16 7872350894c5fd1d61354f_ramzan2
What are you cooking / having cooked / eating today? [1 of 2] - Page 16 Rolls
Merlot Daruwala
Merlot Daruwala

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 03, 2012 2:47 am

yes, it is the same.

the frankies i was talking about were mainly dispensed from an aluminium dabba (pre-prepared stuff) and more often than not sold by parsi vendors. what i see in the pic. above is different -- it is a mutton roll.

chicken frankie:
What are you cooking / having cooked / eating today? [1 of 2] - Page 16 Chicken+frankie+open

What are you cooking / having cooked / eating today? [1 of 2] - Page 16 DSC00318

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlot Daruwala Fri Aug 03, 2012 3:01 am

Correct. Frankies are just chapatis wrapped around that filling. The skin of a roll is thinner and is probly made of maida rather than atta. And under the skin is a layer of egg.
Merlot Daruwala
Merlot Daruwala

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 03, 2012 3:04 am

chicken/mutton rolls are also made of maida in kolkata.

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlot Daruwala Fri Aug 03, 2012 6:11 am

Complying with Mahatma Anna's statement that fasting is a waste of time, I promptly broke my five-hour long fast at 1 pm today at the local Irani cafe with a meal of:
- Mutton cutlets in gravy
- Salli boti
- Bheja masala
- Pav

Together we can. Burp.
Merlot Daruwala
Merlot Daruwala

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 03, 2012 6:16 am

lol.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 09, 2012 4:09 am

prawns in white sauce with butter-rice platter:

What are you cooking / having cooked / eating today? [1 of 2] - Page 16 Imag0010

butter chicken and naan:

What are you cooking / having cooked / eating today? [1 of 2] - Page 16 Imag0011

all shared with my inmate for lunch. life in jail is bliss.

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlot Daruwala Thu Aug 09, 2012 4:18 am

Hoozay, you are supposed to be on the run. Fugitives gotta be lean and mean and ready to vamoose at the slightest inkling of the lawman getting close. With meals like this, you will be leading a life less on the run and more on the waddle.
Merlot Daruwala
Merlot Daruwala

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 09, 2012 4:35 am

vot2do vot2do Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlot Daruwala Thu Aug 09, 2012 8:20 am

Huzefa Kapasi wrote:vot2do vot2do Sad

Maybe you could stick to grilled food - tandoori chicken / fish / kebabs etc. Avoid all those rich gravies.
Merlot Daruwala
Merlot Daruwala

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 09, 2012 8:56 am

omg butter chicken!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 10, 2012 5:27 am

Merlot Daruwala wrote:
Huzefa Kapasi wrote:vot2do vot2do Sad

Maybe you could stick to grilled food - tandoori chicken / fish / kebabs etc. Avoid all those rich gravies.

grilled bhetki with a thin, shredded cheese layer, rice and veggies.

What are you cooking / having cooked / eating today? [1 of 2] - Page 16 Imag0012

my inmate did not enjoy the lunch. i told him who was to blame. he was shocked that he, of all people, would recommend such a bland lunch. he had to overcome the shock by ordering a plate of greasy fish orley (colonial item) for himself. i abstained.

What are you cooking / having cooked / eating today? [1 of 2] - Page 16 Imag0013

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 16 of 20 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next