Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

so irrelevant

4 posters

Go down

so irrelevant Empty so irrelevant

Post by Guest Sat Jun 15, 2013 11:56 am

me to daughter: take your stuff from here.

daughter: Ya I will.

me: take it NOW, i have to vacuum... (then as an FYI) divorcee BIL's parents are coming here in the afternoon.

daughter: why, i thought we are going to meet them at other grandparent's house.

me: ya, they will come here first, then you all will go there.

daughter: WHY???

me: ya well, since i am not going there, they are coming here to meet me.

daughter : why YOU?

me: *exasperated* I don't know why, ok? They are coming.

daughter: I don't get it. Why are they coming to meet you? You are so irrelevant to them now. You are not even part of the family.

Neutral Ya I mean, I am bad at cutting off relationships. Is it something I need to work on?

Funniest part is, they didn't even talk to me. They asked K if I will be home, and he said, "Ya it's a Saturday, where else would she be, come over". But I did have an all-day plan. K was like, can you do that tomorrow? So ya, I am doing all that tomorrow. And I am cleaning and arranging food today to meet family of my divorced husband, who btw, is living with me.

Something is grossly wrong about me.

Back to top Go down

so irrelevant Empty Re: so irrelevant

Post by Seva Lamberdar Sat Jun 15, 2013 12:04 pm

Vidya Bagchi wrote:      And I am cleaning and arranging food today to meet family of my divorced husband, who btw, is living with me.

More than that ... is the divorce for real or just in imagination?
Seva Lamberdar
Seva Lamberdar

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1bYp0igbxHcmg1G1J-qw0VUBSn7Fu

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 15, 2013 12:09 pm

Seva Lamberdar wrote:
Vidya Bagchi wrote:      And I am cleaning and arranging food today to meet family of my divorced husband, who btw, is living with me.

Crying or Very sad It is for real.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 15, 2013 1:15 pm

so irrelevant Icon_neutral Ya I mean, I am bad at cutting off relationships. Is it something I need to work on? 

No

And I am cleaning and arranging food today to meet family of my divorced husband, who btw, is living with me. 

K didn't leave yet? I thought he was staying at your home only for the time you were out of town. 

Nothing wrong, but when ppl hear abt your relationships with others, esp XH, I am sure they are going to go tearing hair out

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 15, 2013 1:30 pm

nenu wrote:

K didn't leave yet? I thought he was staying at your home only for the time you were out of town. 

no. he decided to stay over instead of going and coming back over n over. Besides, his heart is where the kids are. Why deny him that. The three were just too happy to reunite. Also, my own selfishness. He shares a lot of house work, and had fixed a lots of things inside and outside the house. For the first time after months, I got some peace of mind and assurance/security. I know it's only temporary, but any break is welcome.

To me alone, this setup seem normal, and I realize the abnormality of it only when someone points it out, like daughter did today.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 15, 2013 1:44 pm

Ya, good for all of you. Let it continue as long as it can.

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sat Jun 15, 2013 3:01 pm

Vidya Bagchi wrote:
daughter: I don't get it. Why are they coming to meet you? You are so irrelevant to them now. You are not even part of the family.

:|Ya I mean, I am bad at cutting off relationships. Is it something I need to work on?

Funniest part is, they didn't even talk to me. They asked K if I will be home, and he said, "Ya it's a Saturday, where else would she be, come over". But I did have an all-day plan. K was like, can you do that tomorrow? So ya, I am doing all that tomorrow. And I am cleaning and arranging food today to meet family of my divorced husband, who btw, is living with me.

I have to learn from K. This is a just such a fantastic strategy....you do everything, he gets to boss over you, and he does not do any chores...

Damnnn.. he is so very smart...I am going to be like him.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 15, 2013 3:31 pm

Actually he did do a lot of chores. Like I vaccumed living and family room. Then when I came to the dining room, I saw a lot of mail. So I sat down to sort through them and write checks. Ya I do suffer from mild ADD that way. So he took over the vacuum and did the rest of the first floor. And cleaned some other stuff. Fixed the deck door and so on. He also took son to soccer.

Back to top Go down

Post by southindian Sat Jun 15, 2013 3:38 pm

Vidya Bagchi wrote:
Seva Lamberdar wrote:

Crying or Very sad It is for real.

I don't believe this story. Too casual.

You have taken this 'short story' quite a distance. Time to give it a twist.

southindian
southindian

Back to top Go down

Post by southindian Sat Jun 15, 2013 3:55 pm

Vidya Bagchi wrote:me to daughter: take your stuff from here.

daughter: Ya I will.

me: take it NOW, i have to vacuum... (then as an FYI) divorcee BIL's parents are coming here in the afternoon.

daughter: why, i thought we are going to meet them at other grandparent's house.

me: ya, they will come here first, then you all will go there.

daughter: WHY???

me: ya well, since i am not going there, they are coming here to meet me.

daughter : why YOU?

me: *exasperated* I don't know why, ok? They are coming.

:|Ya I mean, I am bad at cutting off relationships. Is it something I need to work on?

This 'short story's logistics is a little confusing. Why are the same characters addressed differently?
southindian
southindian

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 15, 2013 4:08 pm

Divorcee BIL= Ex-husband's cousin, vid's ex-BIL.

Back to top Go down

Post by Bittu Sat Jun 15, 2013 4:20 pm

don't do any funny business with divorcee BIL. I *know* you have thought about it. Just don't act on it. Raaz ko raaz rehne do.

Bittu

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 15, 2013 5:33 pm

Bittu wrote:don't do any funny business with divorcee BIL. I *know* you have thought about it. Just don't act on it. Raaz ko raaz rehne do.

ugh

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sat Jun 15, 2013 5:39 pm

Vidya Bagchi wrote:Actually he did do a lot of chores. Like I vaccumed living and family room. Then when I came to the dining room, I saw a lot of mail. So I sat down to sort through them and write checks. Ya I do suffer from mild ADD that way. So he took over the vacuum and did the rest of the first floor. And cleaned some other stuff. Fixed the deck door and so on. He also took son to soccer.

wait a minute... he does all the husbandly things after he becomes an ex... May be divorce is not bad after all.

Hey... You can tell your buddies in India and the 20+ crowd that you are a divorce and living together with someone who is also divorced...They will think you are so cool, trendy and modern.

This relationship needs only one thing...and then it will be a perfect match made in heaven - ready to get remarried again (only to ruin it all).

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down