Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Some Profile: What did Maria do to you?

+6
pravalika
charvaka
Marathadi-Saamiyaar
Rekz
MaxEntropy_Man
sambarvada
10 posters

Go down

Some Profile: What did Maria do to you? Empty Some Profile: What did Maria do to you?

Post by sambarvada Fri Jun 17, 2011 8:42 pm

why are you after her?

sambarvada

Back to top Go down

Some Profile: What did Maria do to you? Empty Re: Some Profile: What did Maria do to you?

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Sat Jun 18, 2011 9:31 am

she says she like uppili's humility and uses the word thAzhmai (தாழ்மை); except it's not right. thAzhmai is inferiority. the word she wants is paNivu (பணிவு). also of course uppili's humility is very thinly disguised false modesty. but that's of course totally her speed anyway.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Some Profile: What did Maria do to you? Empty Re: Some Profile: What did Maria do to you?

Post by sambarvada Sat Jun 18, 2011 9:45 am

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:she says she like uppili's humility and uses the word thAzhmai (தாழ்மை); except it's not right. thAzhmai is inferiority. the word she wants is paNivu (பணிவு). also of course uppili's humility is very thinly disguised false modesty. but that's of course totally her speed anyway.

=== Maria might have gotten the meanings of some Tamil words mixed up.

May be she should have said "Uppili does not have any Agambaavam".

But this has no relevance to what people like Some Profile are doing.

Badmouthing her on this forum and hounding her on Sulekha is not right.

I have never seen her resort to any name calling or being gratuitously disrespectful towards anyone.

sambarvada

Back to top Go down

Post by Rekz Sat Jun 18, 2011 11:44 am

Sambarvada quote - But this has no relevance to what people like Some Profile are doing.

I have never seen her resort to any name calling or being gratuitously disrespectful towards anyone.
[/quote]

Agree 100%
Rekz
Rekz

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sat Jun 18, 2011 12:04 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:she says she like uppili's humility and uses the word thAzhmai (தாழ்மை); except it's not right. thAzhmai is inferiority. the word she wants is paNivu (பணிவு). also of course uppili's humility is very thinly disguised false modesty. but that's of course totally her speed anyway.

You are right.... or wrong. Uppili's views, outlook, and beliefs are being misinterpreted as humility. His 8th grade failed qualification, 2 MWJ's - I think - are meant as "netscreens" and should not be looked upon as humility.

ThOmas Padre AKA Flimmy is the ultimate model when it comes to humility.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by charvaka Sat Jun 18, 2011 12:36 pm

Uppili wrote:His 8th grade failed qualification, 2 MWJ's - I think - are meant as "netscreens" and should not be looked upon as humility.
In addition to his age, weight, picture, and pretty much everything else he says about himself...
charvaka
charvaka

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sat Jun 18, 2011 1:13 pm

no...no...age and weight are 100% egmark facts.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 18, 2011 1:52 pm

Rekz wrote:
Sammbarvada wrote: - But this has no relevance to what people like Some Profile are doing.

Sambarvada wrote:I have never seen her resort to any name calling or being gratuitously disrespectful towards anyone.

Agree 100%

agreed 100%

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 18, 2011 7:33 pm

Huzefa Kapasi wrote:
Rekz wrote:
Sammbarvada wrote: - But this has no relevance to what people like Some Profile are doing.

Sambarvada wrote:I have never seen her resort to any name calling or being gratuitously disrespectful towards anyone.

Agree 100%

agreed 100%

Disagree 100%

Back to top Go down

Post by pravalika Sun Jun 19, 2011 7:29 pm

sambarvada wrote:why are you after her?

you guys need some exciting topics on the board (thank you for the forum, charvy). I can only say that after my interaction with maria i have developed an aversion to all vitamins, she went on endlessly about them. the only thing i can say in their favor is that vitamins never killed anybody. and with that, good night and sweet dreams.

pravalika

Back to top Go down

Post by SomeProfile Wed Jun 22, 2011 1:21 am

When I was in school, I had a cheerful, always smiling, caring female teacher called Maria. She was in my school from the time I was in kindergarten. By the time I reached highschool, she had become the assistant principal.

Ms Maria using to teach English. She was loved by all the students and teachers. Her personality was exactly like that of Maria from Sulekha. Always appearing cheerful and nice and caring on the outside (she was the only teacher in the school who wished the students before we wished her), but something scary and dangerous on the inside.

When she was the assistant principal, whenever one of my friends got in trouble and got called to the principal's office, Maria was always there in attendance. Our principal was kind of a strict bitch. And Maria was always there to be kind and consoling towards the students. Many a student has gone in to the principal's office and come out feeling like Maria was their best friend (and having confessed their misdeeds, of course). I myself got called into the principal's office only once in my life and I had the same experience. The principal was this angry, scolding authority who was ready to punish you, but there was Ms Maria, the image of kindness and calm and caring and friendliness. It is only much later, when I was grown up, did I realize that the principal and Ms Maria were playing the bad cop / good cop routine. Maria was the perfect good cop who managed to trick so many students into confessing.

SomeProfile

Back to top Go down

Post by SomeProfile Wed Jun 22, 2011 1:30 am

Ms Maria had a daughter named Sophia. Sophia did not study in our middle-class, co-ed school. Sophia studied in the elite, all-girls Catholic convent. Once in a while, Ms Maria bragged about Sophia academic or literary or cultural achievements in school. Sophia was the same age as I.

I still remember the day we got our class 10 results, we were all so happy to have passed in high first class with some good percentage. But Ms Maria had a look of great sorrow when we went to the school to get the results. She told us how Sophia had missed the state rankings by just one percentage point and she had not eaten the whole day and had locked herself up in her room and was crying all day.

During my years growing up through school, I had seen Sophia only once or twice. She was dressed in her Catholic convent uniform, had short-cut hair and a posh English accent. She made us middle-class school kids feel like village bumpkins. After my class 10, I went into the pre-university class and lost touch totally with Ms Maria.

It was in my engineering college that Ms Maria came back into my life quite unexpectedly. You see, although Sophia was much ahead of us academically, some how, in my engineering college, we ended up as classmates in the same computer science department. During those days, I was too shy to even go talk with her. But she recognized me as one of the old students of her mom and she just stuck next to me from day 1 in college. I felt a little shy, a little embarrassed and a lot of pleasure that she chose to hang out with me. In retrospect, I think a hot girl like Sophia hanging out with me contributed to my being popular and included in a lot of social activities in college. I didn't realize it during those days.

Sophia and I hung out not only in college, but also at her home. We started to study together for exams in her house (she had a separate room of her own where we could study in peace; in contrast, typical desi middle-class yours truly shared a room with a brother and a sister). That is when Ms Maria came back into my life. She was as sweet and nice and caring and cheerful as ever. And somehow, she still continued to wish me good morning first, before I wished her.

SomeProfile

Back to top Go down

Post by SomeProfile Wed Jun 22, 2011 1:40 am

In my school days, I was the nightmare of the parents of my friends. You see, I was always upto some mischief or the other, some activity or the other, some trickery or the other. And I was always successful in enrolling my friends / classmates into my schemes. The parents didn't know whether to love me or to hate me... not unlike the people of Sulekha. I was always great at academics. So, the parents liked my studiousness. At the same time, I seemed to lead their kids into all kinds of troubles, for which they hated me (their kids usually did not do well academically). Ms Maria knew about this side of me during the school days, but only as a third-party observer.

During engineering college, Ms Maria got a first hand taste of this from the parents's perspective, of what it means for her child to be the friend of a tempting devil like me. I'm sure she saw me as such a bad influence on Sophia considering that I was there when Sophia bunked classes for the first time in her life, I took Sophia home the first time she got drunk, I was there when Sophia got less than first class marks in an exam (came close to flunking, in fact), I was there when Sophia argued back against Ms Maria for the first time in her life... the list is endless. I am sure Ms Maria blamed me for the thorough spoiling of Sophia in the prime of her teens and early 20s.

For my part, I was madly in love with Sophia. And Sophia loved me too. She was my first real hug with a girl, she was my first real romantic lip-to-lip kiss, she was my first hand holding in the public bus, the first girl I went on a movie date with, the first person with whom I tasted pizza for the very first time in life, she was my first a lot of things... She could have easily been my first lover in bed. But we were really such good, sincere middle-class kids, a fact that Ms Maria never fully appreciated. By mutual consent (and to my great regret in retrospect), Sophia and I decided to never go all the way till we were married. Oh Sophia...!

SomeProfile

Back to top Go down

Post by SomeProfile Wed Jun 22, 2011 1:50 am

Anyway, during those college days, I still liked and respected Ms Maria. Somehow, it seemed important for me that she know how much I loved her daughter. Her approval and acceptance of our romance seemed crucial for me. Now that I am much older and wordly-wise, I have no clue why I gave so much importance to Maria's opinions and feelings.

Anyway, one weekend, when Sophia was visiting her aunt's house in another city, I wrote a romantic story about two college kids in love, took it to Sophia's house and read it to Ms Maria. It was so obvious that it was supposed to represent the romance of Sophia and I. Ms Maria realized this before I had finished reading the second page. After that, she tried to keep a brave, cheerful and understanding look on her face. But I could see that she was so uncomfortable. After I finished reading the story, she gave the usual, classic Maria-like passive-aggressive dialogs of understanding my feelings and wanting me to do the "right thing" and of her always respecting the feelings of people, etc. When I left the house, I was thankful to god that Sophia had such a understanding mom like Ms Maria. I mean, if it was a typical middle-class Indian mom like mine, she would have slapped or scolded the boy who expressed romantic feelings for her daughter and driven him out of the house. But I still felt somewhat uneasy cuz I had a nagging feeling that Ms Maria was not wholly thrilled.

SomeProfile

Back to top Go down

Post by SomeProfile Wed Jun 22, 2011 2:18 am

Over the next couple of years, Maria took on the role of my love counselor. You know, how when you are totally crazy in love, you want to have that one friend with whom you can share your feelings and hopes and fears? The one friend with whom you share all the details of your romance, to whom you turn for advice or comfort when something goes wrong in your romance, when you have little disagreements and arguments with your love? Well, strange as it may seem, Ms Maria filled the role of that friend for me. It was really strange, considering that it was her own daughter that I was in love with. But Ms Maria always seemed so nice and kind and genuinely interested, it was easy for me to trust her and share all with her.

Little did I know that, Maria was a totally different person in the background. She didn't like me much, although she was so sweet and nice to my face. She had a low opinion of me and thought I wouldn't amount to much in life. She thought her precious daughter deserved someone much better than me academically, financially. I think religion also played a role - she wanted a Christian son-in-law.

So, during all those days and months that Ms Maria was my trusted love-counselor, she was filling her daughter's mind with doubts about me. She successfully managed to convince her daughter that I was just a college infatuation and she deserved an older, better-settled guy. By the time we finished engineering college, Sophia was brainwashed thoroughly and she left me. Just simply left me. Just like that.

I accepted a job through campus selection (even though my parents and siblings tried to convince me to study further). You see, I wanted to get settled quickly in life, ASAP so that I could marry Sophia and be able to support a family. Meanwhile, Ms Maria convinced Sophia to go to the US and enroll in a business school and forget me and concentrate on her career and get married to a much better qualified and suitable guy. I can't even describe how cold and practical Sophia turned out to be after we finished college and she came to break up with me and bid me good bye. All coached by Ms Maria, no doubt.

Thus, Maria killed my sweet innocent first love by stabbing from the back. Ms Maria has the exact same attitude, character, behavior, opinions, languages etc. as Maria from Sulekha. I am pretty sure they are the same person in spirit. Hope you can understand my feelings now.

SomeProfile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 22, 2011 9:52 am

I am pretty sure I have seen the translated version of this movie.

Back to top Go down

Post by Impedimenta Wed Jun 22, 2011 10:04 am

SomeProfile wrote:
Little did I know that, Maria was a totally different person in the background. She didn't like me much, although she was so sweet and nice to my face. She had a low opinion of me and thought I wouldn't amount to much in life. She thought her precious daughter deserved someone much better than me academically, financially. I think religion also played a role - she wanted a Christian son-in-law.

Thus, Maria killed my sweet innocent first love by stabbing from the back. Ms Maria has the exact same attitude, character, behavior, opinions, languages etc. as Maria from Sulekha. I am pretty sure they are the same person in spirit. Hope you can understand my feelings now.

aiyoo raama, you could have simply converted and changed your name to george anthony sebastian. so, when you use the word "thus", that means it is a closing statement to this saga, right?

Impedimenta

Back to top Go down

Post by doofus_maximus Wed Jun 22, 2011 10:05 am

Some Profile: What did Maria do to you? Thefuck
doofus_maximus
doofus_maximus

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 22, 2011 10:06 am

SomeProfile wrote:So, during all those days and months that Ms Maria was my trusted love-counselor, she was filling her daughter's mind with doubts about me.

LOL. major klpd. with you one can never be sure when fact blurs into fiction.

Back to top Go down

Post by SomeProfile Wed Jun 22, 2011 10:14 am

Tracy Whitney wrote:I am pretty sure I have seen the translated version of this movie.

My No. 1 regret this morning is that I don't have the skill for dialogs and comedy like AB and HK. If the dynamic duo of AB-HK wrote the screenplay and dialogs, I am sure we can remake the movie into another hit fillum.

SomeProfile

Back to top Go down

Post by SomeProfile Wed Jun 22, 2011 10:17 am

SomeProfile wrote:
Tracy Whitney wrote:I am pretty sure I have seen the translated version of this movie.

My No. 1 regret this morning is that I don't have the skill for dialogs and comedy like AB and HK. If the dynamic duo of AB-HK wrote the screenplay and dialogs, I am sure we can remake the movie into another hit fillum.

And we'll definitely add the scene of love-letter re-reading and tearing as the climax of this movie. Only here, SP will read the letters and Sophia will listen with a neutral expression and short skirt. There will not be a single dry eye in the theater, I promise.

SomeProfile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 22, 2011 10:21 am

[quote="SomeProfile"]
SomeProfile wrote:

And we'll definitely add the scene of love-letter re-reading and tearing as the climax of this movie. Only here, SP will read the letters and Sophia will listen with a neutral expression and short skirt. There will not be a single dry eye in the theater, I promise.

lol!

Back to top Go down

Post by charvaka Wed Jun 22, 2011 11:37 am

doofus_maximus wrote:Some Profile: What did Maria do to you? Thefuck
lol!
charvaka
charvaka

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 22, 2011 12:02 pm

apt pic.

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Wed Jun 22, 2011 12:56 pm

SomeProfile wrote:

AB yes; HK only if you find the absurd cabin boy kind of humor appealing.

if you haven't watched cabin boy, here's an excerpt, so you know what i mean:

MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Nila Wed Jun 22, 2011 1:57 pm

Bad bad Marie...she is responsible for killing your first love!

I am so sad for you SP!

Nila

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down