Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jesus and Doma

3 posters

Go down

Jesus and Doma Empty Jesus and Doma

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Wed Jun 26, 2013 11:50 pm

....Maria and JM:

What is your opinion about DOMA and what will Jesus say if he were to give his opinion on this issue?

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Jesus and Doma Empty Re: Jesus and Doma

Post by Maria S Thu Jun 27, 2013 8:38 am

Uppili avargale!

Why this tricky business bringing up "you know who" (and it is highly predictable- I will "willingly" fall for it all the time- if I am around!).

Seriously, I don't know what Jesus would say..because he did not address homosexuality directly..but, HE sometimes"drops hints" and leaves it all up for interpretation.  Speaking of hints..he does say God created Man and Woman differently..and also does "emphasize- monogamous commitment" in relationships..considers all relationships outside of that committment as adultery (One can interpret that as a "legal marriage" or "legal -civil union")

*He does break Jewish traditions..openly supports women when it comes to equality- all the time..when a man could easily divorce his wife is not happy about it..condemns women being stoned to death for adultery- is friendly with prostitutes and women society looks down upon, BUT gently gives good advice to women  too(imo)..not to be with men-unless there is a commitment..*in the end, when it comes to sin..he says "don't judge others"..because all of us are sinners, and all of us can be forgiven:)..leaving a lot "ambiguity"..

*Now, this is Maria's opinion:

Personally- I think "Marriage" is between a man and a woman (think is just think/opinion)..I am not going to protest or boycott my Church if there is a same-sex marriage. Medically- only very a small % people are "true" homosexuals (not as projected by the activists to push their agendas) others are hetero and bisexuals.

Legally- I am not opposed to Civil Unions-a legal contract between two people of any gender. DOMA is unconstitutional.  
Maria S
Maria S

Back to top Go down

Post by southindian Thu Jun 27, 2013 9:16 am

Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote:

....Maria and JM:

What is your opinion about DOMA and what will Jesus say if he were to give his opinion on this issue?

Don't know if Jesus said this to man, "If there are holes in body, check them out."

Jesus truly may have said, "Love thy animals." So watch out.

Animals next... now that DOMA is smashed.
southindian
southindian

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Thu Jun 27, 2013 10:57 am

Maria S wrote:Uppili avargale!

Why this tricky business bringing up "you know who" (and it is highly predictable- I will "willingly" fall for it all the time- if I am around!).

Seriously, I don't know what Jesus would say..because he did not address homosexuality directly..but, HE sometimes"drops hints" and leaves it all up for interpretation.  Speaking of hints..he does say God created Man and Woman differently..and also does "emphasize- monogamous commitment" in relationships..considers all relationships outside of that committment as adultery (One can interpret that as a "legal marriage" or "legal -civil union")

*He does break Jewish traditions..openly supports women when it comes to equality- all the time..when a man could easily divorce his wife is not happy about it..condemns women being stoned to death for adultery- is friendly with prostitutes and women society looks down upon, BUT gently gives good advice to women  too(imo)..not to be with men-unless there is a commitment..*in the end, when it comes to sin..he says "don't judge others"..because all of us are sinners, and all of us can be forgiven:)..leaving a lot "ambiguity"..

*Now, this is Maria's opinion:

Personally- I think "Marriage" is between a man and a woman (think is just think/opinion)..I am not going to protest or boycott my Church if there is a same-sex marriage. Medically- only very a small % people are "true" homosexuals (not as projected by the activists to push their agendas) others are hetero and bisexuals.

Legally- I am not opposed to Civil Unions-a legal contract between two people of any gender. DOMA is unconstitutional.  

"You know who" will not post as the person belongs to the "Premium group"

This is going to be like Roe vs Wade....and will drag on for decades.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down