Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

i went shopping

+3
seven
Marathadi-Saamiyaar
pravalika nanda
7 posters

Go down

i went shopping Empty i went shopping

Post by pravalika nanda Fri Jul 26, 2013 12:18 am

guess what! i finished all my shopping for my cousin's wedding. i've never gotten clothes exclusively for an indian wedding before. we've had other weddings but usually some one would pick a silk saree for me in india and tailor it there and i'd get stuck wearing it. in fact that's how it has been for all the girls in my family but now since we're going to have  north indian family members we realized we had to buy nice stuff cuz they really dress up and we don't want to look like the help. so i got three outfits! one is for the sangeet, one is for the wedding, and one for the reception. i got everything in one shot at a bridal couture place.

the wedding outfit is going to be kanjeevaram silk in magneta, jade and gold with paisley bead work, it's not as heavy as it sounds; the one for the sangeet is a lehenga saree in mango with green and red borders and a red sash, it twirls around nicely and is perfect for the sangeet cuz we're all going to dance then and it can't possibly fall off, it's so beautiful; and the one for the reception is super-duper expensive cuz it's some kind of easy to drape sheer silk with lots of swarovski crystals all over it, i love it, it's so sparkly, even my mom liked it. you know what, anyone with day-time sleepiness is going to wake up when they see me in it, put away the red bull! she got it for me cuz initially i liked this dutch blue saree with a halter blouse and she flipped out and when i said i like this one, she had to say okay. mom's too conservative. she needs to keep up with the times.

i love shopping. indian clothes are too beautiful. you guys need to go shopping, believe me it can make you happy...instead of sen this and sen that.

pravalika nanda

Back to top Go down

i went shopping Empty Re: i went shopping

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Fri Jul 26, 2013 12:29 am

pravalika nanda wrote:guess what! i finished all my shopping for my cousin's wedding. i've never gotten clothes exclusively for an indian wedding before. we've had other weddings but usually some one would pick a silk saree for me in india and tailor it there and i'd get stuck wearing it. in fact that's how it has been for all the girls in my family but now since we're going to have  north indian family members we realized we had to buy nice stuff cuz they really dress up and we don't want to look like the help. so i got three outfits! one is for the sangeet, one is for the wedding, and one for the reception. i got everything in one shot at a bridal couture place.

the wedding outfit is going to be kanjeevaram silk in magneta, jade and gold with paisley bead work, it's not as heavy as it sounds; the one for the sangeet is a lehenga saree in mango with green and red borders and a red sash, it twirls around nicely and is perfect for the sangeet cuz we're all going to dance then and it can't possibly fall off, it's so beautiful; and the one for the reception is super-duper expensive cuz it's some kind of easy to drape sheer silk with lots of swarovski crystals all over it, i love it, it's so sparkly, even my mom liked it. you know what, anyone with day-time sleepiness is going to wake up when they see me in it, put away the red bull! she got it for me cuz initially i liked this dutch blue saree with a halter blouse and she flipped out and when i said i like this one, she had to say okay. mom's too conservative. she needs to keep up with the times.

i love shopping. indian clothes are too beautiful. you guys need to go shopping, believe me it can make you happy...instead of sen this and sen that.

Perhaps Rashmunullah will shop for a Kanjeevarum Silk and Mbururu will go for Lehenga shopping now that they are at a dating stage and mutually appreciate the others culture.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jul 26, 2013 12:30 am

better to post pics of the saris, if you can.

hear ya about shopping. in india, dad gave me 20K rupees for shaapinggg. Went to a mall one day, and blew away 12K in 3 hours.

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Fri Jul 26, 2013 12:38 am

Vidya Bagchi wrote:better to post pics of the saris, if you can.

hear ya about shopping. in india, dad gave me 20K rupees for shaapinggg. Went to a mall one day, and blew away 12K in 3 hours.

What did you do with the rest 8K?

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by seven Fri Jul 26, 2013 12:54 am

sounds like you had a lot of fun shopping. i agree shopping makes you happy! its therapeutic - they don't call it retail therapy for nothing B)

post pics when you can. at least of the reception saree. it sounds incredibly b'ful.

i just checked out my shoe cart and was very excited about it. but now my shoes seem very dull compared to your sarees Sad
nothing like shopping for weddings 8->

happy flirting cheers

seven

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jul 26, 2013 1:01 am

Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote:

What did you do with the rest 8K?

About 3 k in another shoppig spree. Btw, in those 15k i bought them all some little gifts too. 3k with a dermatologist for hair removal. I still have about 2000 rupees. I save some for the next India trip for Mumbai/Delhi airport.

When leaving he handed me another 100 dollars that he had left over from his last trip. From that I think I spent about 90 at Mumbai airport buying a shawl for the plane as I had forgotten my only jacket at home, little gift items for the kids and lots of books.

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlot Daruwala Fri Jul 26, 2013 1:47 am

pravalika nanda wrote:guess what! i finished all my shopping for my cousin's wedding. i've never gotten clothes exclusively for an indian wedding before. we've had other weddings but usually some one would pick a silk saree for me in india and tailor it there and i'd get stuck wearing it. in fact that's how it has been for all the girls in my family but now since we're going to have  north indian family members we realized we had to buy nice stuff cuz they really dress up and we don't want to look like the help. so i got three outfits!

Ouch. Candid confessions Part II. Now I'm convinced Vee Unkil will turn up at the Sangeet wearing a silk vest especially tailored for him by his mother (in the early part of the last century) and do a bhangra there.
Merlot Daruwala
Merlot Daruwala

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Fri Jul 26, 2013 2:12 am

Merlot Daruwala wrote:
pravalika nanda wrote:guess what! i finished all my shopping for my cousin's wedding. i've never gotten clothes exclusively for an indian wedding before. we've had other weddings but usually some one would pick a silk saree for me in india and tailor it there and i'd get stuck wearing it. in fact that's how it has been for all the girls in my family but now since we're going to have  north indian family members we realized we had to buy nice stuff cuz they really dress up and we don't want to look like the help. so i got three outfits!

Ouch. Candid confessions Part II. Now I'm convinced Vee Unkil will turn up at the Sangeet wearing a silk vest especially tailored stitched for him by his mother (in the early part of the last century) and do a bhangra there.

* fixed *
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jul 26, 2013 2:18 am

Merlot Daruwala wrote:

Ouch. Candid confessions Part II. Now I'm convinced Vee Unkil will turn up at the Sangeet wearing a silk vest especially tailored for him by his mother (in the early part of the last century) and do a bhangra there.
lol.

Back to top Go down

Post by masterdom Fri Jul 26, 2013 8:06 pm

pravalika nanda wrote:guess what! i finished all my shopping for my cousin's wedding. i've never gotten clothes exclusively for an indian wedding before. we've had other weddings but usually some one would pick a silk saree for me in india and tailor it there and i'd get stuck wearing it. in fact that's how it has been for all the girls in my family but now since we're going to have  north indian family members we realized we had to buy nice stuff cuz they really dress up and we don't want to look like the help. so i got three outfits! one is for the sangeet, one is for the wedding, and one for the reception. i got everything in one shot at a bridal couture place.

i went shopping Poverty-in-India

masterdom

Back to top Go down

Post by masterdom Fri Jul 26, 2013 8:09 pm

i went shopping Hungryboy

masterdom

Back to top Go down

Post by seven Fri Jul 26, 2013 9:22 pm

masterdom wrote:

this is so lame. you're suggesting just coz there are divorces happening everyday, there shouldn't be any marriages. since people are dying everyday, there shouldn't be any celebrations.

seven

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Fri Jul 26, 2013 9:27 pm

seven wrote:
masterdom wrote:
this is so lame. you're suggesting just coz there are divorces happening everyday, there shouldn't be any marriages. since people are dying everyday, there shouldn't be any celebrations.

no...no...not at all... just think of these pics while you celebrate....Razz

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by seven Fri Jul 26, 2013 9:30 pm

my modnique shipment came today. it took them good one month to ship the order but its finally here. 

iExcited!

PS: i went shopping for no reason. not celebrating anything.

seven

Back to top Go down

Post by pravalika nanda Fri Jul 26, 2013 11:11 pm

i don't understand the point of masterdom's pictures. why make up a new handle to post those pics?

pravalika nanda

Back to top Go down

Post by pravalika nanda Fri Jul 26, 2013 11:12 pm

Perhaps Rashmunullah will shop for a Kanjeevarum Silk and Mbururu will go for Lehenga shopping now that they are at a dating stage and mutually appreciate the others culture.
** Uppili, when I am through with my clothes you can have them for your after-eight activities. Spare me the details, however.

pravalika nanda

Back to top Go down

Post by pravalika nanda Fri Jul 26, 2013 11:19 pm

oh, i'm not really one to post pics. ya, it's nice when parents give you these little treats even after you're a working adult - it definitely makes me feel loved.

pravalika nanda

Back to top Go down

Post by pravalika nanda Fri Jul 26, 2013 11:24 pm

Merlot Daruwala wrote:

Yes, Merlot, it will ouch very much cuz he'll be better-dressed and a better dancer than you any day. And please put on your sunglasses in case you run into me cuz I don't want you going blind from my sparkling saree.

pravalika nanda

Back to top Go down

Post by garam_kuta Sat Jul 27, 2013 1:21 am

pravalika nanda wrote:

** Uppili, when I am through with my clothes you can have them for your after-eight activities. Spare me the details, however.

lol!  PN ! you really made me hysterical with a hurting stomach in the small hours! keep it goin', gal !

garam_kuta

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down